Air Jordan Defining Moment Package Appreciation Thread

Wait, so there are size 14's made of this pack? I've been looking for one since this dropped. I almost pulled the trigger on a 13 about year ago but decided against it since I wear a 14 and wanna be able to wear them...13's hurt me feet in the 11's...
ohwell.gif

I remember this pack like it was yesterday, I was unable to cop on release day so I got my set about a week later for $540 which was deal to me.
When these pics first surfaced I remember ppl went nuts including my self lol.
This is the 1 & only DMP imo definitely appreciated.

nstrandave68   i feel u on this one i bought the package wit my boy we spilt it i kept the 11s he kept the 6s then in mid  07 my spot got broken in 2 with 3 other apartmwnts in the complex getting broken into as well lost about 45 pairs of heat would say 38 pairs where still on ice they had cameras in the building but nothing was really done bout it tryed to take it to court but when i said what mostly was stolen was some cash a flatscreen laptop and sneakers at the sneaker part they laughed and said i was kidding right i said no im serious all the money i invested into them time in lines over night argueing with girls i was talking to at them time about spending so much on my collection now just memories
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

^ Nope, the original concept/design was for the XIs to have the JORDAN going down the eyelets but after a few production runs, they found glue issues and the letters weren't staying on the shoe. So they scrapped that idea and released them without the letters on the lace eyelets.

That's why if you look in the little gold booklet that comes with the shoes, the picture of the XIs in there has the letters on the side.

The ones that you've seen could have been fake, but I know for a fact there are at least a few dozen pairs floating around that are authentic. I think JB either slipped and included some of the "defective" pairs in shipments with the final version, or they decided to release as many packs as they could, defective or not.

You guys are really making me feel guilty for thinking about wanting to unload one of my packs! I think reading this thread brought back memories of RD and I think I'm gonna keep them now.

Sorry for the long post.

Originally Posted by KG21

^ Nope, the original concept/design was for the XIs to have the JORDAN going down the eyelets but after a few production runs, they found glue issues and the letters weren't staying on the shoe. So they scrapped that idea and released them without the letters on the lace eyelets.

That's why if you look in the little gold booklet that comes with the shoes, the picture of the XIs in there has the letters on the side.

The ones that you've seen could have been fake, but I know for a fact there are at least a few dozen pairs floating around that are authentic. I think JB either slipped and included some of the "defective" pairs in shipments with the final version, or they decided to release as many packs as they could, defective or not.

You guys are really making me feel guilty for thinking about wanting to unload one of my packs! I think reading this thread brought back memories of RD and I think I'm gonna keep them now.

Sorry for the long post.
CORRECTOMUNDOOOO

Damn, JB screwed me with all the date changes and then finally released them on my wedding date!!!!!!! Smh still on the hunt looking for a size 11, America's Most Wanted pair holla at ya boy NTERs!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still salty 4 years later. Not worth (to me) paying the resale value then or now, but I wanted them badly when they came out and didn't put the work in to get them (Motorsport's too).

Ah well. Nice two pair of sneakers though.

YO! I read all of you guys' stories... and I don't know whether to laugh, smh, or consider myself highly fortunate.

No line. Walked in and out to the whip 3 times. Purchased from Foot Locker, Footaction, AND Finishline. 15 total packs. Should've been 25+ but we thought 15 was overdoing it so we told them we were good.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

(Cam phone pic - LG VX6000
laugh.gif
)

2qn1ma0.jpg

One day auctions.
pimp.gif

DF!!!

YO! Oh, and of those 15 or so we purchased there were at least 3 with "Jordan" writting on the lace loops. So go figure... DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I read all of you guys' stories... and I don't know whether to laugh, smh, or consider myself highly fortunate.

No line. Walked in and out to the whip 3 times. Purchased from Foot Locker, Footaction, AND Finishline. 15 total packs. Should've been 25+ but we thought 15 was overdoing it so we told them we were good.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)

One day auctions.
pimp.gif

DF!!!
If you dont mind me asking how much did u make off them?

Originally Posted by FungusFoot85

I just sold mine for 900 bucks... picking up my check tomorrow from flight club. I'm kinda regeting it but I'm just gonna get the regular concords & call it a day

Holy crap.  I s=bought two when they came out and still have a 10.5 absolutely DS.  I'd let them go for $750.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)

2qn1ma0.jpg

One day auctions.
pimp.gif

DF!!!
There is a God! 
eek.gif

Still praying that somehow, some way, JB can release these and actually do them glory again. Or release another crazy pack like this. BEST PACK TO DATE. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gottig10

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)

One day auctions.
pimp.gif

DF!!!

I"m so PISSED OFF!!! I waited in LINE for 8 HOURS only to have SECURITY tell us WE HAD TO LEAVE, I WAS THE 2nd person in line when everyone came back to the mall at 7AM i was at the back of a MOB I WAS PISSED, when i get ouf of college IMMA BUY LIKE 3 of these packs

won the pack on drop date on a raffle from 'lifted' in portland. sold it a few months later w/ mad regret. then last summer, a friend from nike was having some financial problems due to tickets and court dates. so he sold me his DS 11.5 pack for... $170. swear to christ! needless to say, i won't sell again. he was going to return them to the employee store where they'd have probably been marked down below the $165 they had cost way back when.

Originally Posted by gyeah

Wait, so there are size 14's made of this pack? I've been looking for one since this dropped. I almost pulled the trigger on a 13 about year ago but decided against it since I wear a 14 and wanna be able to wear them...13's hurt me feet in the 11's...
ohwell.gif
They made size 14's but this pack was so limited that there is slim to no chance of getting a 14. I only wear 14's and i could never fit a 13 (in jordans). This pack is great but I wouldn't waste the time or money on a shoe that doesn't fit. One day if im lucky maybe i'll find a 14 for a good price. Even little footers struggle to find this package so the big guys are S.O.L. for the most part.
frown.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)

2qn1ma0.jpg

One day auctions.
pimp.gif

DF!!!
wow.........wow just wow
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YO!
Originally Posted by gottig

Well there was me, my homeboy and his brother. I kept one for myself. The others all sold for $725-800 with those one day auctions.

DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom