Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Appreciate it spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour . I’d air out what that phony and his group do and talk about behind the scenes but I don’t really care anymore. Past is the past and I’ve moved on. People who **** with me know the real.

Also, how the **** do you do an AJ 2 comparison, say it’s the closest thing the brand has come to the original, and you don’t even own the original?
I completely understand…and I’ve always appreciated your love for Jordans, your knowledge of the history of the brand, and the way you present yourself and your content. You’re genuine with the way you go about it and I wish you more great things ahead for you. 👍

Appreciate it spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour . I’d air out what that phony and his group do and talk about behind the scenes but I don’t really care anymore. Past is the past and I’ve moved on. People who **** with me know the real.

Also, how the **** do you do an AJ 2 comparison, say it’s the closest thing the brand has come to the original, and you don’t even own the original?

Seriously I need you and spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour to divulge what happened in the PM's or this thread. I just wanna know what type of fakeness went on. Ya'll can't be dropping bombs and not pressing the ignite button. Somethin always felt off about that guy to me. The need to know is building :nerd:

At the least, if you know, I’d like to know what he contributed to the 2 release that got JB to put his name into the new booklet…

But yeah air it out lol

I was one of the founding members of their group. I set up all their socials, their email and assisted in recruiting like minded sneakerheads that would talk about the rich history of Jordan Brand and Nike. There was a lot of **** talking about what the brand wasn't doing and why they couldn't get **** right to then **** talking about others and how the culture was staring to shift. It quickly became very toxic but I thought it was something that I could block out or tolerate. They would occasionally ask me to help promote the group since I had the most followers and reach at the time and I'd do it because I really wanted that group to succeed. There was probably 1 or 2 people in there that didn't like the way I was trying to lead the group and they basically started out casting me and started a second chat group aside from the main.

I called them out on it and I let the other group members know that this wasn't right and that caused some division. Well, I lost that battle. This was also around the same time that I was continuing to promote and campaign for the Airship to return. I was working for SC at the time as well as trying to build my own social presence and YouTube channel. I decided to leave the group and concentrate on that instead. They all seemed very offended that I was leaving as if I wasn't allowed to. Talk about a cult. I then started seeing them talk **** in my posts and then on other people's posts. Some people saw it and continued to support them. Others supporting me. I ended up blocking all of them and continued to ignore. I'd get people coming to me in DM's about how so and so was talking **** about me and they would share and screen shot the conversation.

In 2019, I did a video for the SP Gina release at the original Shoe Palace location in San Jose and I said nothing but good things about my experience. I loved how Jordan Brand elevated the story of Gina as an educator for her community and how I could relate. Well, one of the *******s from the group tried to call me out on my story and here's how that went here. There's another instance where all those dudes got invited to Chicago for All-Star weekend in 2020. Were wined and dined by Jordan Brand and they all got free Airships. Well, guess who got the short end of the stick? They should probably be thanking me for that one. I thought it was comical that one of them said they were thankful that they didn't sign the petition for the Airship. You can see that post here.

There are a lot more instances but this is it in a nutshell. He'll probably continue getting seeded or have dialogue with the brand about products and releases while at the same time having people stroke his ego but great job having your initials in the booklet lol.

I was one of the founding members of their group. I set up all their socials, their email and assisted in recruiting like minded sneakerheads that would talk about the rich history of Jordan Brand and Nike. There was a lot of **** talking about what the brand wasn't doing and why they couldn't get **** right to then **** talking about others and how the culture was staring to shift. It quickly became very toxic but I thought it was something that I could block out or tolerate. They would occasionally ask me to help promote the group since I had the most followers and reach at the time and I'd do it because I really wanted that group to succeed. There was probably 1 or 2 people in there that didn't like the way I was trying to lead the group and they basically started out casting me and started a second chat group aside from the main.

I called them out on it and I let the other group members know that this wasn't right and that caused some division. Well, I lost that battle. This was also around the same time that I was continuing to promote and campaign for the Airship to return. I was working for SC at the time as well as trying to build my own social presence and YouTube channel. I decided to leave the group and concentrate on that instead. They all seemed very offended that I was leaving as if I wasn't allowed to. Talk about a cult. I then started seeing them talk **** in my posts and then on other people's posts. Some people saw it and continued to support them. Others supporting me. I ended up blocking all of them and continued to ignore. I'd get people coming to me in DM's about how so and so was talking **** about me and they would share and screen shot the conversation.

In 2019, I did a video for the SP Gina release at the original Shoe Palace location in San Jose and I said nothing but good things about my experience. I loved how Jordan Brand elevated the story of Gina as an educator for her community and how I could relate. Well, one of the *******s from the group tried to call me out on my story and here's how that went here. There's another instance where all those dudes got invited to Chicago for All-Star weekend in 2020. Were wined and dined by Jordan Brand and they all got free Airships. Well, guess who got the short end of the stick? They should probably be thanking me for that one. I thought it was comical that one of them said they were thankful that they didn't sign the petition for the Airship. You can see that post here.

There are a lot more instances but this is it in a nutshell. He'll probably continue getting seeded or have dialogue with the brand about products and releases while at the same time having people stroke his ego but great job having your initials in the booklet lol.
Well **** now that cat is most certainly out of the bag now. I don't really know a lot of people in this community personally and I tend to lurk a lot which don't help, but at least here on NT I have never had any issues. Despite my age (22) many here recognize my passion for this hobby/interest in regards to the sneakers, their designs, the designers themselves, the history of both them and the player they were designed for (MJ) among other things. I won't lie, in a way I look up to the lot of you here and have enjoyed my time with the NT community and will continue to. Sure there's the occasional bickering but that comes with any family. You all have made me feel very welcomed here in spite of my age and being born too late to witness the main years of MJ's playing days ('84-' 9 8 ) and born too soon to remember his Wizard days.

My whole point in all this is that, though I never spoke to him, Scollard was one of the guys, one of the "OGs" that I looked up to because on the surface, on Instagram he just seemed like a kind guy that truly loves Nike and Air Jordan down to the most minute details and understands the history as well. His posts seemed to exude passion and I respected him. But after reading all this I'm genuinely disappointed. I apologize if it comes across as weird but I viewed this part of the sneaker community as like a sort of family in a way. I've been around on NT since I was 11 years old so that may be why, but also because of the way everyone in here seems to look out for each other when possible is another reason why I view it as a sort of family unit. All in all, like I said, I'm disappointed to see that Scollard dude is such a rotten apple to say the least. All of us here love sneakers and what they entail far more than the average consumer so rather than connecting on common ground and sticking together, him choosing to belittle and attempt to bring others down is just sad and pathetic honestly.

That’s a bunch of bull💩
manny.png

I'm not invested in this like some of you are. Just saying this stuff happens elsewhere especially the lack of SOP.

Appreciate you sharing this info & links. Heard about that group for years.....knew some NTers were a part of it, but don't know much about them. Perspective has been put in place.

Because they don’t have the right people in there. Just like anything, if you don’t have the right people, you’re going to get a terrible result.
Which goes back to my point about an established SOP as a base of reference. People are going to wing it without a rubric to lean on.

Last edited:
Sure. I didn't want to rehash this but this was my experience. It's whatever. Don't really care for any of those dudes anymore. Back to the shoes.
Sorry, it’s my fault because I started this whole thing. However, when I saw his name here I just couldn’t keep quiet. :lol: I’m not about phonies or backstabbers or slurpers of the Jordan Brand just to get seeded products. The main thing I care about is the history of Jordan, his shoes, and products that live up to it‘s glorious past. Anyway, yeah, we can get back to the shoes. 😎

Y’all have to remember, a lot of the folks in the room at WHQ either never saw MJ play live and/or don’t care about this like we do. To a lot of them it’s just a career/job.

As for the OG support group, like many of you I’ve liked and followed their content for what it is, but the slurping of the brand became too evident and I stopped. And now these new revelations about how they are is hilarious. Some of those dudes are pushing 50. :lol:

Last edited:

What a bunch of losers :rofl:
Grown-*** people acting like 7th graders—over sneakers. Good on you, Marvin. They’re total wankers and always have been.
MJO23DAN MJO23DAN & spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour are you gonna throw out the booklet that's coming with these II's with dude's initials/shoutout? :lol:
Eff the booklet, I don’t even want the shoes anymore.

Just kidding. But barely LOL

:lol: probably gonna black out the shoutout.

But yeah, I’m all for passion. But these dudes, they different. :lol:
I work in the media business—meaning journalism—and it’s disgusting what people will do for social-media “clout.” Sure, there are a few people who’ve made it a career and who make lots of money. But because of that, it’s become similar to all the people trying to resell shoes: The reality for 99 percent of people trying is, you aren’t going to become a thing. It takes a LOT of work, or a quirk that’s totally random. But everyone thinks they’re a star or genius who just hasn’t been discovered. It’s sad, honestly.

Scollard used to be a humble dude , used to talk to him , but than got an EGO , we’re same age and when I dm him about 2 coming out he was like “ I knew for 2 years since I met with them” 😂 I was like ok JO

As if you how him how long he knew.

I’m an outsider to all this but when they were all dining in Charlotte with a Nike employee and being wined and dined for all the slurping, that’s when the shift started. That heel turn. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom