Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Your right. This is EXACTLY why people will buy made in china 1’s at $600. See this is my issue: holding back on quality to make money. Total garbage. The reason, whatever it is, is no excuse. And not only will people pay $600 for a made in china AJ1, when they start making molds of other shoes, they’ll sell those as people will buy those as well.

I think JB needs a complete rebrand. New CEO, new direction, new marketing, new everything. Cut the fat out and go complete luxury. Because after all, the jump man is supposed to be synonymous with luxury and we’ve been getting everything but…

I mean, look at the brand. They‘ve done many collabs, but have they ever had a gust designer for a few seasons? Look at Nike ACG. Errolson Hugh designed for a couple of seasons. How awesome would it be to have a guest designer designing everything at JB for a couple of seasons? That would be amazing! But nah, we get ”Jordan Engineered” which is complete garbage. The fact that JB is such a cash cow blinds the company to the total potential of the brand and its IP.
That’s a lot of hoping and wishing but that’s not reality. A lot of stuff we use daily is made in China. Even the devices we use to post here.

That’s a lot of hoping and wishing but that’s not reality. A lot of stuff we use daily is made in China. Even the devices we use to post here.
Guy, your lost in the JB sauce man. I’m not talking about hopes and wishes, I’m talking about potential. I’m talking about who ever is running JB and their inability to see the brands total potential. Huge difference. The potential is being squandered for profit. I know what reality is. Thats why this convo is taking place lol No idea why your mentioning our devices lmao…

Guy, your lost in the JB sauce man. I’m not talking about hopes and wishes, I’m talking about potential. I’m talking about who ever is running JB and their inability to see the brands total potential. Huge difference. The potential is being squandered for profit. I know what reality is. Thats why this convo is taking place lol No idea why your mentioning our devices lmao…
You can dream all you want about potential. Money rules the world and that’s the reality of things. JB will never be a luxury brand. They need to cater to people that can afford their products so sprinkling in semi-decent products here and there and attaching it to collab partners is the strategy. And you brought up China, not me. The reason products are made overseas is because it’s cheaper to produce. If products were made in the US, expect scale to diminish and cost to rise. This is simple Econ 101.

Yea, making money is the motive that's why JB does what they do. If going luxury were the more profitable move they would have tried it.

From a sneaker standpoint it would be terrible, Jordans are based off a sportswear/athletic style, going luxury would change that too much. Don't want to see an all-khaki suede Air Jordan 11 that retails at $699.

You can dream all you want about potential. Money rules the world and that’s the reality of things. JB will never be a luxury brand. They need to cater to people that can afford their products so sprinkling in semi-decent products here and there and attaching it to collab partners is the strategy. And you brought up China, not me. The reason products are made overseas is because it’s cheaper to produce. If products were made in the US, expect scale to diminish and cost to rise. This is simple Econ 101.
No. Ideas and people rule the world. Money is just a tool. It’s unfortunate that you have such a constrained view of the world. Your problem not mine.

Potential is something that JB can do. Something or anything. Like making the air ships vs not. Or making the toe box on the fire red retro more sleek as opposed to boxy Like the black cement in 2018. JB had the potential to change that toe in 2018 and didn’t. That potential for a sleek toe box still existed afterwards and they changed it With those all red 3’s.

So in the end, JB , a billion dollar subsidiary of Nike, could do luxury. It doesn’t mean the whole of JB needs to be that but they could have a luxury division. The billions of dollars make the potential to do luxury a possibility. In 1998 Nike created JB so that those who couldn’t afford the game shoe, could have a Jordan product. So why cant JB do a luxury offshoot?

Clearly you didn’t read my comment the first time or you just have low reading comprehension Skills. I was taking about the $600 AJ1 85 replicas that are being sold by some dude in China. I mentioned that because the point I was making was about JB losing customers in the future due to lack of quality products and that replicas of their own products have better quality than their own. See the retro 85 hi. Yikes. Not sure how you missed that. Then you reply with a nonsensical comment about devices made in china and followed that up terribly with a generic Econ 101 statement. As if because I’m not agreeing with you that somehow I don't understand why products made in china are cheaper. Condescending dolt…

JB will never be luxury because they choose it that way. They want you to think it is though. And it works because we buy. Its ALL about money. Cutting costs anyway possible. In any business as you know, they all look at profit margin. JB knows they can sell a subpar product and still profit. They are not gonna get some ethics all of the sudden and make them with supreme materials and shapes just because a few of us want what we had as kids. In no way are those guys saying "hey we should make these with even better quality" . Because regardless of their quality mindset, the shoes still sell. So they as a business will always take advantage of this. It will never be about putting the best quality product out there. They will say it is. But facts are it will always be about the most profit they can receive. Cutting corners and downgauging materials are goals for all businesses. Anything else said is BS. As a person that has worked in manufacturing for 22 years, I kind of know a little about this. I dont agree with the principles of it, but I totally get it. And its in all businesses.

JB will never be luxury because they choose it that way. They want you to think it is though. And it works because we buy. Its ALL about money. Cutting costs anyway possible. In any business as you know, they all look at profit margin. JB knows they can sell a subpar product and still profit. They are not gonna get some ethics all of the sudden and make them with supreme materials and shapes just because a few of us want what we had as kids. In no way are those guys saying "hey we should make these with even better quality" . Because regardless of their quality mindset, the shoes still sell. So they as a business will always take advantage of this. It will never be about putting the best quality product out there. They will say it is. But facts are it will always be about the most profit they can receive. Cutting corners and downgauging materials are goals for all businesses. Anything else said is BS. As a person that has worked in manufacturing for 22 years, I kind of know a little about this. I dont agree with the principles of it, but I totally get it. And its in all businesses.
Yes. Exactly. All of this. The back and forth w/mjo really brought this into perspective. People are so enamored with MJ and JB’s constant low bar for product quality have essentially indoctrinated their consumer base that low quality is acceptable and being better is something that cant be done because of money? It’s the total antithesis of what MJ did and what he stood for.

I am literally having an epiphany where I’’m done with the brand. Wow. What a crazy moment…it all just came and hit me just now…lol

Sneakerbar's toes can take a hike!

2b.jpg

2.jpg
I’d rather have the slightly bulbous toe box than the overly flat pancake toebox. The pair in scollard23’s pic is absolutely terrible 🤷‍♂️

I think we all understand that a promo pair is going to be nicer as far as leather, shape, etc. But that is one of the biggest grips about buying retros now. There “shouldn‘t” be huge differences. If they did it once, they can do it again. We all know JB can make a shoe close to the og. If these retros coming out have those box cars for toe boxes, I’m out! Probably with anything the brand does going forward. The silhouette of the 2 is part of the design. And part of the design is that sleek toe box. They all should look exactly like scollards par. All of them. No question.

I’m calling that pair above fake until we see a retail release…
There’s a difference between sleek and just plain flat.

Scollard23’s pair is overly flat and incorrect. Albeit they’re “sleek” compared to the rounder toeboxes, it looks awkward and uncomfortable.

It’s not an upgrade since it was executed poorly. Just like Jordan Brands attempt at the 1 retro high ‘85

Your right. This is EXACTLY why people will buy made in china 1’s at $600. See this is my issue: holding back on quality to make money. Total garbage. The reason, whatever it is, is no excuse. And not only will people pay $600 for a made in china AJ1, when they start making molds of other shoes, they’ll sell those as people will buy those as well.

I think JB needs a complete rebrand. New CEO, new direction, new marketing, new everything. Cut the fat out and go complete luxury. Because after all, the jump man is supposed to be synonymous with luxury and we’ve been getting everything but…

I mean, look at the brand. They‘ve done many collabs, but have they ever had a gust designer for a few seasons? Look at Nike ACG. Errolson Hugh designed for a couple of seasons. How awesome would it be to have a guest designer designing everything at JB for a couple of seasons? That would be amazing! But nah, we get ”Jordan Engineered” which is complete garbage. The fact that JB is such a cash cow blinds the company to the total potential of the brand and its IP.

Hell no to all of that it literally wouldn't be feasible for us regular heads imagine Art Basel Jordan 1 level limited luxury runs for $600+ because that's what it'd be. This hobby wouldn't be fun anymore. :rofl:

Uhhh since when?

Back
Top Bottom