Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

upload_2019-4-11_19-38-34.png

Is there anything I can do to prevent the Grey from turning like this?
Nope. Buy the new one coming out in May. You will like them for sure.

38 in July. Got into basketball at the age of 6 and became a Michael Jordan fan even though he would kill my Cavs I would look through the magazines and on cards and catalogs to look at all the shoes and drool. Not just Jordans, all the shoes players were wearing. First pair I bought on my own were the Black and Red 12's in '97 when I got my first job. (I got a pair of White/Black and Red Retro 2s, and White Cement 3 Retro's in '95 on clearance. I thought they were great but everyone else in my 8th grade class were on some "What are those" type **** when I wore them to school. They were all swinging on the 10's nuts haha). And from then until 2003 it was all about Retros until mid 2000's. I'd still buy a retro here and there when I good retro in black would come out or when they would bring out an OG color I needed to update (The 2011 concord to "Update" from my severely yellowed 2000's and then the 2018 Concords or the Black and Red 8's, or the Black 9's or Charcoal, or whatever it was...sorry... not much of a nickname guy, just whatever they were called. I may be one of the few people who liked the "Stealth" 10's in 2012 because those were kind of clean and sleek and a relatively easy pickup) But anyway, I've been slowly buying a pair or so every so often with the OG and the remasters, got the Black/Metallic 5s back in 2016, just got the Black Infrared. And retired my Black Cement 3s from '01 with the Black Cement 3's from last year. I'm ready for these 4's. My '99s I'm afraid probably wouldn't be able to hold up any longer even though I took wonderful care of them (as I do with all my sneakers)

After seeing the very subtle changes between wc4 and these bc4...i’m back to undecided which to cop

I have a rule of only one colorway per model

Or is the bc4 that much more upgraded?

After seeing the very subtle changes between wc4 and these bc4...i’m back to undecided which to cop

I have a rule of only one colorway per model

Or is the bc4 that much more upgraded?

Honestly, the Black Cements ain't really much of an upgrade. They just slightly, and I do mean SLIGHTLY... Improved the height and shape. I'd say go with the Blacks, because the majority of White's have started to yellow. The rubber heel tabs, will most likely turn brown, and disintegrate also... In future.

Honestly, the Black Cements ain't really much of an upgrade. They just slightly, and I do mean SLIGHTLY... Improved the height and shape. I'd say go with the Blacks, because the majority of White's have started to yellow. The rubber heel tabs, will most likely turn brown, and disintegrate also... In future.
The rubber heel tabs will definitely not disintegrate lol

I was thinking about the people in this thread who were surprised we're mostly old. I figured with all the nastalgia going around this was mostly the grown crowd with a few young heads mixed in..

What 20 year old has the the disposable income to buy 3 pairs of a 200 dollar shoe or uses forums??:rofl::rofl:

Am I the only one that really likes the OG Nike Air Hang Tag put in these retros and actually wears the hang tag still attached to the shoe? It’s so dope to me. I still have mines on my black/cement 3’s.

I'm not a fan of this and the other side of it is back in the day on the OG Nikes with nubuck with the thick hang tags, you would always see a nice worn out spot where the tag would rub when you walked. It was not fresh.

In for 2... Still need to double up on the Concord 11s, BM 5s and BC 3s.Seems Overkill but I've been rotating the 3s 5s and some Chelsea boots since I got em.
I try not to get too lost in the details as long as they are comfortable. I enjoy them more that way.

Honestly been contemplating on selling most of my collection and keeping doubles of some of my basics.

38 in July. Got into basketball at the age of 6 and became a Michael Jordan fan even though he would kill my Cavs I would look through the magazines and on cards and catalogs to look at all the shoes and drool. Not just Jordans, all the shoes players were wearing. First pair I bought on my own were the Black and Red 12's in '97 when I got my first job. (I got a pair of White/Black and Red Retro 2s, and White Cement 3 Retro's in '95 on clearance. I thought they were great but everyone else in my 8th grade class were on some "What are those" type **** when I wore them to school. They were all swinging on the 10's nuts haha). And from then until 2003 it was all about Retros until mid 2000's. I'd still buy a retro here and there when I good retro in black would come out or when they would bring out an OG color I needed to update (The 2011 concord to "Update" from my severely yellowed 2000's and then the 2018 Concords or the Black and Red 8's, or the Black 9's or Charcoal, or whatever it was...sorry... not much of a nickname guy, just whatever they were called. I may be one of the few people who liked the "Stealth" 10's in 2012 because those were kind of clean and sleek and a relatively easy pickup) But anyway, I've been slowly buying a pair or so every so often with the OG and the remasters, got the Black/Metallic 5s back in 2016, just got the Black Infrared. And retired my Black Cement 3s from '01 with the Black Cement 3's from last year. I'm ready for these 4's. My '99s I'm afraid probably wouldn't be able to hold up any longer even though I took wonderful care of them (as I do with all my sneakers)
Yo welcome to NT. Post pics of those '99s dude.

Back
Top Bottom