Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

pro-tip, just scroll until the top of the page hits it.

The gray piece on the sole used to be shorter/smaller.

Got me feeling like a young rook getting jewels dropped on him by the OG. Good look on the vet move...

87aWSwVtskGRfXPBuP.gif
5qYMmOEDuf5yE.gif
DyvyiFFXF1Yli.gif

NO never leave them in the cardboard shoe box they came in, the cardboard is too acidic and will speed the aging process. try a plastic storage box instead , some like the drop front boxes , I use the 3 drawer plastic carts from walmart that are 10 bucks and its 3 drawers I do not install the wheels and stack them to the ceiling.

1st time hearing the actual box is issue. You got some proof? You sure you ain't talking about the paper the shoes come wrapped in? That's always been a known cause.

I like that I’ll have the jumpman on the heel pairs as a relic of a somewhat charming but bygone era in Nike history. We here now!

Said no one ever.

1st time hearing the actual box is issue. You got some proof? You sure you ain't talking about the paper the shoes come wrapped in? That's always been a known cause.

Said no one ever.
I keep all my shoes in the boxes and have never had a single issue in the past 20-plus years. As you said, I do get rid of the paper. Has worked fine for me.
As for your other comment: :lol:

Use to buy every release.....then as I got older it switched to "did he ball in them?".....now a days it's mostly OG retro colors from the Bull era.....with the exception of the indiglo 14s.....sold a bunch of pairs because of the many times I switched what I collected.....this is pretty much my last hurrah....come May 4th I'm out.....only way I make a mini come back is if they do the charcoal 7s the right way....with the OG treatment

Last edited:
Use to buy every release.....then as I got older it switched to "did he ball in them?".....now a days it's mostly OG retro colors from the Bull era.....with the exception of the indiglo 14s.....sold a bunch of pairs because of the many times I switched I collected.....this is pretty much my last hurrah....come May 4th I'm out.....only way I make a mini come back is if they do the charcoal 7s the right way....with the OG treatment
I managed to basically stick to OGs Mike wore from the very beginning, going back 30 years. It's made it more manageable for sure. Indiglos are, I think, also the only non MJ game-worn Jordan I've ever owned.
Oh, and I guess the white/navy 16s. Literally that’s it. I don’t feel any attachment to most retro+ colorways.

Last edited:
If it’s an OG colorway from that production run, it’s a yes from me. Like I LOVE military blue 4’s but it’s impossible to find a pic of Mike in them. I want to say I’ve seen one picture years ago of him in them casually walking somewhere in the 80’s but I can’t find it nor know anyone else who knows the pic I’m referring to. When they rerelease those with OG branding... :nthat:

If it’s an OG colorway from that production run, it’s a yes from me. Like I LOVE military blue 4’s but it’s impossible to find a pic of Mike in them. I want to say I’ve seen one picture years ago of him in them casually walking somewhere in the 80’s but I can’t find it nor know anyone else who knows the pic I’m referring to. When they rerelease those with OG branding... :nthat:
Agree, I should’ve said, OG colorways more than just what MJ wore. But for me I never happened to like too many of the colorways he didn’t wear all that much so it sort of just worked itself out that way for me.

man JB really drop the ball on doing these right for the 30th anniversary. They cant say they dont have atleast the ‘99 mold, that shoe what got this thing rolling with the whole retro craze. Their bread & butter & yet they cant duplicate that again for some reason.

I mean we see the current 1’s based off of the ‘94 mold & 11’s based off of the OGs, I really thought they was going to give them the same treatment smh. Waiting to see more pics but i’m probably getting one pair.

Back
Top Bottom