Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Come on, dude. It's clear as day from every video and photo what is wrong with these from the OG angle. It's not a great retro. That doesn't mean, as I have said about these, there is no enjoyment to be had. There is. A lot. I just don't get why some of y'all can't get what others of us are saying without understanding the point. Whatever. One day, years from now, when Nike finally does these right, you will. And you'll be all about it, too. Remember this release when that day arrives :lol:

You and others don’t care for them and that’s fine. No matter what side of the fence you’re on, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Every retro isn’t an exact copy of the original. Let’s just enjoy the shoe for what it is—better than the 2012 but not a direct match for the OG. This is still the closest we’ve ever had.

I wouldnt insist on painting them, moreso finding a method to fray/strip it

Maybe light sandpaper? Idk

In the end there just shoes.....a material possession that means absolutely nothing. Ive been feeling that way lately about all these shoes and had a wake up call last night when my dad had a stroke. He's currently not doing well at all and just makes you realize what matters in life. And it ain't shoes. Enjoy them but don't obsess. Peace.

In the end there just shoes.....a material possession that means absolutely nothing. Ive been feeling that way lately about all these shoes and had a wake up call last night when my dad had a stroke. He's currently not doing well at all and just makes you realize what matters in life. And it ain't shoes. Enjoy them but don't obsess. Peace.
Sucks Man, My dad had a bad stroke in 1997, it was bad and he had to retire and moved to North Carolina in the mountains and lived another 8 years. He never fully recovered but enough to enjoy what he always wanted, to live in the mountains. I hope everything turns out ok. They have gotten alot better in the last 10 years in dealing with Strokes, so I am hopeful he will be ok. And your right about shoes, but I don't obsess, I love shoes because they take me back to a time when life was not so hectic. Its one of only a few things (Golf, Bowling) that takes my mind off Bills, College, Work. But now that I will have 6 pairs of my favorite shoe of all time, I am going to wean down my collection. I will still buy some here and there, but I am going to be very selective going forward as the Black/Cement IV's is the only shoe I have really been waiting for. There are a few I would still like to see though, Like the OG 5's with 3M tounge (2nd Jordan I owned in 1990), OG 7's , Fire Red and Military IV's. Will also pick up the Cool Grey IV's and the Black/Red XI's only because of that moment when Jordan was laying on the Floor crying holding the ball.

has JB even retro a shoe that was the same exact thing as the OG?

Concords, Aguas, white/red 11 low, all the recent 10s, black/red 12...its been quite a few. And yall nitpick all you want but the shoes I just briefly named are spot on with their OG counterpart but nothing is perfect

Sorry to hear

Blessings and good vibes sent your way

Back
Top Bottom