Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

A3F7CD85-9E44-4E2B-A124-A51DB4A86995.jpeg

Yeah dude is an absolute clown.

I’m 34, born the year the Chicago Bears won the super bowl back in 1985. Over the years I’ve stockpile so much sneakers it ended up out the house and in storage. Someday I do plan on retiring, looking into retirement if all possible. My last purchase prolly would be the 11 breds and farewell to the shoe game. It’s expensive hobby that shouldn’t be overlooked when planning for the future.

I wish I had tried for the Black Metallic 5s. Didn't attempt at all because of the tongue look.

3 years ago, I was somewhat apprehensive about that too when actual pics started coming out, because the tongue looked "pearlescent" and even a little bloated. But believe me, the newer tongue is a definite improvement. WAY more durable and longer lasting than even the OG tongue, because the reflective material on the newer version is what the tongue is made of. It's not some additive that's sprayed on like the older models, therefore over time it won't rub off and make the reflectiveness get "patchy." Plus the newer ones are probably between 98% and 100% as bright as the OG tongues anyway (VERY little difference), so I think it's a win-win. It's pretty much an equivalent change to the softer heel tabs on the current Retro IV's - it's technically not OG material but without question it IS a marked improvement (even the 1999's used to cut up my heels). Changes like that aren't a big deal to me. But changes like the inky, longer haired black nubuck used on Retros from the earlier 2010's are a deal breaker at this point, seeing as we're now getting quality, and in some cases improved, Retros again.

:rofl:
I wasn’t going to touch the Xmas trees in May after my first post was already stirring up ****

Just said to myself instead “nah those are decorative pines” :rofl:

I’m 34, born the year the Chicago Bears won the super bowl back in 1985. Over the years I’ve stockpile so much sneakers it ended up out the house and in storage. Someday I do plan on retiring, looking into retirement if all possible. My last purchase prolly would be the 11 breds and farewell to the shoe game. It’s expensive hobby that shouldn’t be overlooked when planning for the future.
I’m on the same boat as u without the storage :lol: I’m 33, turning 34 in two months. I’ve been slowly transitioning away from buying shoes. If I do purchase a pair of shoes, it’s gonna be sub $100. The 11s at the end of the year will be my last big spend on shoes. Gotta start thinking about the future with my lady. I’m good with the black/red 1s, concord and space jam 11s, infrared 6s, Black and White cement 3s and black/red 4s as my only Jordan’s....don’t need anymore.

I’m on the same boat as u without the storage :lol: I’m 33, turning 34 in two months. I’ve been slowly transitioning away from buying shoes. If I do purchase a pair of shoes, it’s gonna be sub $100. The 11s at the end of the year will be my last big spend on shoes. Gotta start thinking about the future with my lady. I’m good with the black/red 1s, concord and space jam 11s, infrared 6s, Black and White cement 3s and black/red 4s as my only Jordan’s....don’t need anymore.

Every time I say I’m going to take a break I end up copping 3 pairs that following month.

I’m just glad I don’t have to hide my new kicks from the wifey as she supports the hobby. Hashtag blessed.

I have been retired from Jordans since 2011. :lol: Well, thats what I said back then anyway. There is always something that keeps you coming back to it. And yes, I am a homeowner with 3 rides 3 children about to be 3 grandchildren, and a wife that totally gets it. I live modest, so Js are not gonna break me.

I'm 41. I buy more shoes now than before simply because there has been a lot of heat coming out over the past couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom