Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Originally Posted by rareair45

People complained when the 07 dropped. People complain when the 2011 drop. Honestly they are not that much different.

Honestly, not too many people complained when those dropped. Only complaint was the '23' on the side - but they were similar to Money's PE so most liked them that way.

The material's were good, the comfort was there - they were on point.

But these?! Trash. And whoever just said that Nike told them that these are better than the previous versions....bwahhh
laugh.gif

grin.gif
. You a customer crony. They're supposed to tell you that.

Thank you Animal Thug, only complaint on the 2007's for the most part, was the "23" on the side.

Durabuck with the white lining on the ridges all day over nubuck buttery, whatever you wanna call it. 
nike_air_jordan_5_black01.jpg

1-air-jordan-v-5-1999-nosno-kicks-box.jpg

^Exactly FB. The 07's and 00's both had Durabuck. The white lining on the ridges always shows on Durabuck fresh out the box.

But of course; JB forum is full of rookie-experts these days. You can't tell them anything. I ain't buying these so whatever..

no, i agree with them. i think it is a better material. it's obvious it won't crease as easily and look as bad as durabuck does when it creases, won't fade and look charcoal instead of black like durabuck does, it's still easy to clean like durabuck, etc.

i'd be the first to call JB out on using crappy materials, but i just can't say that on this.

some of you guys just like durabuck better, but i've yet to see you prove with a real reason that durabuck is superior to this material.

I got these in early and I must say that I like the material....

BUT, being as this was supposed to be an ORIGINAL colorway, I would have preferred the original durabuck over the nubuck material. With that said, I would have liked seeing this material on a NEW black based colorway. Perhaps a different black/red? Kinda like the black/carolinas except with a red sole? Or hell, even one of the CP3 PE's would have been dope.

It's become common practice for JB to mess with us. This is no different.

i want these already!!!

the material not so great but i never got the 07 so this is a must for me

Originally Posted by LA KB24

i want these already!!!

the material not so great but i never got the 07 so this is a must for me
The last pair I got was 2000 (or was it 99) so I'll be purchasing Saturday at midnight.  I have 2 $5 ndc gift cards so hopefully I'll be able to use those without a hitch.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I got these in early and I must say that I like the material....

BUT, being as this was supposed to be an ORIGINAL colorway, I would have preferred the original durabuck over the nubuck material. With that said, I would have liked seeing this material on a NEW black based colorway. Perhaps a different black/red? Kinda like the black/carolinas except with a red sole? Or hell, even one of the CP3 PE's would have been dope.

It's become common practice for JB to mess with us. This is no different.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

no, i agree with them. i think it is a better material. it's obvious it won't crease as easily and look as bad as durabuck does when it creases, won't fade and look charcoal instead of black like durabuck does, it's still easy to clean like durabuck, etc.

i'd be the first to call JB out on using crappy materials, but i just can't say that on this.

some of you guys just like durabuck better, but i've yet to see you prove with a real reason that durabuck is superior to this material.

Nubuck and suede are usually higher quality ofLeather. They are softer and surface dont crease.But its not true that they are easier to take care.While durabuck u can clean with water gentlyAnd dont fade, nubuck fade very easily under sunlightAnd fat, oil!Same issue with my ajxx and aj7 black/citrus!

i'll check them out this weekend before i make up my mind. for sure i'll end up copping though. lol

Iam still on the wire wit these cuz i still got my 07s in almost good condition,but i have seen a couple of people wit em
all ready and they are pretty nice in person,i dont know we will c juss copped da  Griffey Emeralds and air uptempo 97.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by rareair45

People complained when the 07 dropped. People complain when the 2011 drop. Honestly they are not that much different.

Honestly, not too many people complained when those dropped. Only complaint was the '23' on the side - but they were similar to Money's PE so most liked them that way.

The material's were good, the comfort was there - they were on point.

But these?! Trash. And whoever just said that Nike told them that these are better than the previous versions....bwahhh
laugh.gif

grin.gif
. You a customer crony. They're supposed to tell you that.

I agree with you. Most of the complaints was the 23 on the side because the 2000's did not have them. I did not remember much complaints about creasing. Yes, the 2007's crease, so as do many shoes. On top of that, the creasing was not that bad unless you balled in them. I would rather just buy a third pair of 2007's before I buy this newly released model. I know that you will be saying that the 2011's don't crease like 2007 due to nucbuck material over durabuck. I prefer the usage of CORRECT materials which is durabuck which is used on OG's, 2000's and 2007's.

I like the 23 on the side makes em' look more like a jordan shoe obviously since 23 is the number MJ wore most of his career. I dont understand why people dont like the 23 but whatever. IMO they would look plain without 23 and I wouldnt buy them if there was no 23

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

I like the 23 on the side makes em' look more like a jordan shoe obviously since 23 is the number MJ wore most of his career. I dont understand why people dont like the 23 but whatever. IMO they would look plain without 23 and I wouldnt buy them if there was no 23

And actually when MJ wore them, his player exclusivesActually had the 23 on his ones.

Back
Top Bottom