Air Jordan XXXIII first info

This is what I don’t understand about people are saying they love this shoe... The materials look SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper/sh**ier than what was used on the XXX1s and XXX2s, are you guys honestly cool with this?? I want to say this is due to sheep mentality but I can’t write people off without hearing their reasoning first.

I don't know, man. I just don't get it. I remember unboxing the Air Jordan 13 when it first came out and I felt like I was getting a premium shoe with the latest tech for basketball. These may be the latest tech but there is no premium look here. The materials look like something they would use on a takedown model like the LeBron soldier; and like one guy said, things they were using like 5 years ago. I'm not down with the cheaper materials just because they want to watch their bottom line. Jordan Brand has been cheaping out for much too long now.

If the materials are crappy I'm absolutely not dropping 170 on them.
But I mean I have to see them in hand.

Actually i kinda like the white/black-red pair of the 33 so far.
Am glad that they did not create a shoe that shares too many design elements of the aj3 but dare to create something more daring like the 28 back then.
I might get a pair.
But the olive acg pair are terrible.

I don't know, man. I just don't get it. I remember unboxing the Air Jordan 13 when it first came out and I felt like I was getting a premium shoe with the latest tech for basketball. These may be the latest tech but there is no premium look here. The materials look like something they would use on a takedown model like the LeBron soldier; and like one guy said, things they were using like 5 years ago. I'm not down with the cheaper materials just because they want to watch their bottom line. Jordan Brand has been cheaping out for much too long now.

Yeah, design aside, the materials on here look like they should be on a $120 Kyrie model.

This whole materials downgrade from the XXX1s and XXX2s looks like a YUGE cashgrab from Jordan Brand, which is sad.

Actually i kinda like the white/black-red pair of the 33 so far.
Am glad that they did not create a shoe that shares too many design elements of the aj3 but dare to create something more daring like the 28 back then.
I might get a pair.
But the olive acg pair are terrible.

Thoughts on the materials downgrade from the XXX1 and XXX2?

Speaking of materials and premium look or not, actually when i saw the first leaked pics of the aj13 (white/black-true red) with flat laces that had some white sections and in hong kong shops (unofficially released samples) i didn't like them at all.
I thought the suede looked weird and the many circles on the white tumbled leather gave me the creep.
I basically bought the black toes aj13 just to complete my collection.
It took years for me to love them much.

I just want to see them in hand. It's always interesting the number of colorways they do and how many of them. I'll assumet he masses won't be into them a great deal. I'll be grabbing them though...

This whole materials downgrade from the XXX1s and XXX2s looks like a YUGE cashgrab from Jordan Brand, which is sad.

I don’t think using textile is necessarily a downgrade specially when the “leather” and “suede” JB has been using lately is trash to say the least. Yea they’re cutting costs but they’re passing the savings on to the consumer by dropping the prices from $185 to $175. The days JB can charge $200 for a GR shoe is long gone and they know it.

I’m hoping they’ll release a special edition 33 with “premium” materials with a price bump

I feel like the material used on the upper probably works best with that lacing system.

If these had no jumpman and were just new Nikes they'd be cool

20180920_095840.jpg

I wouldn't wear them once if you gave them to me for free. Literally. Not. Once. I guess one man's flaming hot piece of **** really is another man's treasure :rofl:

Last edited:
I don’t think using textile is necessarily a downgrade specially when the “leather” and “suede” JB has been using lately is trash to say the least. Yea they’re cutting costs but they’re passing the savings on to the consumer by dropping the prices from $185 to $175.

Bro, you know damn well that material downgrade is worth more than $10.

Huh?

First off I was born in the late 80s, and Jordan Sig's are not the shoes I wear most regularly.

I am pointing out your examples are the exemptions. Most Jordan Sig's have toned down branding. So it is a fair criticism if someone things they are over doing it on a model
As the other user pointed out, those models have big logos too and those aren't just some random models. I personally prefer subtle logos (like the AJ Xiii, my personal favorite) just like you but the logo (Nike logo too) itself is cool-looking imo so I don't get why all of a sudden, it ticks some people off. Frankly, we see other brands use big logos on their products too but for whatever reason, when it comes to JB, some people just love to bash. Maybe that's because you don't wear J's regularly as you mentioned and not really a fan of the brand. Or maybe it might really look off on certain new models to their eyes including some real Jordan heads but instead of seeing high quality constructive criticisms, I see people here just type "TRASH" and post some random sneakers that don't even look remotely close so I don't know man. Some posts here are just flat out childish and stupid imo. To each their own I guess..

Last edited:
Bro, you know damn well that material downgrade is worth more than $10.

I’m just speculating but I think manufacturing and advertising costs are higher than materials. Also $10 might not sound like much but multiply that by how many shoes they sold I would say that’s a hefty chunk for any corporation to hand out

I've had multiple pairs of Burton snowboard boots with the speed zone lacing system and I really like it on my snowboard boots. Dealing with laces in the snow and ice sucks. That said I'm not excited about a similar system on a performance basketball shoe. Laces work really well on basketball shoes and they are super easy to use. Adding a speed lacing system and using velcro for the ankle collar just screams of adding "technology" for sales and perception of performance. Seriously, what is the problem they are fixing with this lacing system? Also, BOA and speed lacing systems require a pretty thick and rigid tongue to keep from getting "lace" pressure from the narrow cables. I wonder how JB is handling this.

Still curious to see the official reveal, get the tech specs and see the reviews.

So far the lacing system and the ankle area of the shoe are turn offs for me. IF these get amazing performance reviews and they come out with a low that cleans up the ankle area (tone down the tongue and achilles flap), then I'll consider grabbing a pair for ball on discount (preferably steep disco).

I said that (the point about materials that look five years old). And I agree completely with your feelings. They had a good opportunity here but, if this is what it is, they kind of blew it yet again. This is supposed to be the shoe of shoes, the most premium offering. And they've made it out of team Jordan materials. Way to go. Another instant non-classic LOL

Back
Top Bottom