Air Jordan XXXIII first info

496C4FBE-5958-48C0-8A6B-782F7FF5337F.jpeg

jayzrdead on IG had the vision
Need the front part of the midsole to be white, and the slim strip on the toe with elephant print

First new Jordans I haven't completed hated in a while, but I still don't feel em. These just look extremely strange on foot.

I have no problem with the new design. In fact, I'm not even a fan of no lace shoes...but surprisingly I dig these. The only problem I have is the cheap materials. I don't like the fuse at the tip of the toebox. I wish they used leather or a nice suede. It just makes them look cheap. Someone said it, like an early Kyrie. These don't have a premium look for a sig Air Jordan.

I have no problem with the new design. In fact, I'm not even a fan of no lace shoes...but surprisingly I dig these. The only problem I have is the cheap materials. I don't like the fuse at the tip of the toebox. I wish they used leather or a nice suede. It just makes them look cheap. Someone said it, like an early Kyrie. These don't have a premium look for a sig Air Jordan.

Yeah. They were close on this one but blew it. Better materials and dump those exaggerated features like the tongue and heel flap ... truly would've been nice. It's all gimmicks on these. Laceless nonsense, and this whole upcoming 2019 "design ethos" of "flight-inspired" shoes. Come next year, they'll be onto something totally different. The biggest problem Jordan has right now is, none of it is genuine. It feels close on this one, but still not right. I honestly think people would have dug premium materials and simplicity in a shoe that looked close to this one (like the one in the upper right corner of the sample pic, in terms of looks). These guys get too carried away and lose focus, and end up trying to do too much in one go. It's overthinking personified.

They just need to discontinue making new Jordans...

No, they just need to get back to what made a Jordan a Jordan. Great design, great tech, and nice materials

I love the 33 design. Like I said, only problem I have is the cheap looking materials. For example, when the XI came out, they used the ballistic mesh, but they used a nice one. It didn't come off looking cheap. From 1-14, I never unboxed a new Jordan and thought it looked cheap. They started doing this later on and it really bugs me.

No, they just need to get back to what made a Jordan a Jordan. Great design, great tech, and nice materials

I love the 33 design. Like I said, only problem I have is the cheap looking materials. For example, when the XI came out, they used the ballistic mesh, but they used a nice one. It didn't come off looking cheap. From 1-14, I never unboxed a new Jordan and thought it looked cheap. They started doing this later on and it really bugs me.

Exactly. Crap Fuse tape all over the upper. That **** was on the Kobe 8 five years ago, and other shoes before then. Jordan designers on this one seem torn between doing their own thing but ... not really. I'm out on this thread and this shoe unless they do an alternate version that dumps the nonsense and adds better materials. Remember a few years back when Tinker said Jordans wouldn't go down the plasticky textile road and would swerve with "luxurious" materials? So much for that :lol:

Exactly. Crap Fuse tape all over the upper. That **** was on the Kobe 8 five years ago, and other shoes before then. Jordan designers on this one seem torn between doing their own thing but ... not really. I'm out on this thread and this shoe unless they do an alternate version that dumps the nonsense and adds better materials. Remember a few years back when Tinker said Jordans wouldn't go down the plasticky textile road and would swerve with "luxurious" materials? So much for that :lol:

Yes, these materials totally remind me of the fused tape on the Kobe 8 and even the Kyrie 1. They could've slapped Kyrie's logo on this one and it would've made sense to me. But this is supposed to be the sig Jordan, the Bentley of all basketball shoes. Hell, the LeBron 16 looks more luxurious than this shoe. It's very sad to me. I hope to God they do another version with nicer materials. That's all I can hope for. It seems like this generation doesn't care about getting cheap materials, they only care about their shoes not creasing and them being paper thin. Well, they got their wish with this one.

Easily the most interesting Jordan since the 11 for me when I think about it. It just doesnt have that finishing polish in the design that Tinker was good at. These look like where Tinker was with those Tinker prototype 13s before he made the actual 13. They needed that final touch up before they called it good. Theres gold here but its covered up with bs.

I hope they do a premium version for a BC3 colorway with nice leather and that it looks like this except where the fuse tape is at the toe its a strip of EP. And then they drop the pull tabs too.

496c4fbe-5958-48c0-8a6b-782f7ff5337f-jpeg.2181529

Not only does the fuse tape look cheap, it looks lazily designed too. It doesnt correlate to the rest of the sharp lines of the shoe. Why would he round the edges so much on it when everything else is so angular? Also why taper the NA heel tab like that? Why go against Tinker's original answer and try to go against the grain by not just follwing the peak of the heel EP?

Must be weird as a designer to be asked to bite off of two other designer's work. Does he feel pride or shame?

I didn't notice how freakishly huge that front pull tab is until I saw that pic.

That may be the biggest pull tab I've ever seen.

In some pics it looks like you can tuck it inside of the shoe tho

Back
Top Bottom