AIr jordan XXXV first info.

I saw on D*i*c*k's sneaker release page that they will have them available on 12/11.

Good lookin out!

1606163905942.png

After missing on the warriors and not wanting the COG or DNA or Bayou Boys I may just try for these. Don't know what I'm going to do about the foot scraping issue. Just gonna hope it doesn't happen to me, and maybe stretch out the shoe if it does...assuming I can even get em.

I decided to customize my pair so that the upper is silver. I am not finished, but I just wanted to show what I have done so far.....I dunno if you can tell the difference of the color in the front from the back.

20201123_144812.jpg
What exactly did you do for the customization??

BEWARE: Long post below.....you have been warned! LOL

This is how the Bayou Boys looked (in my head) when I saw them and I like them better now like this:

20201123_215201.jpg

Here is a side-by-side of how the color look out the box vs. after I made one silver.....

20201123_214746.jpg

So, I went straight up arts and crafts on these and used things that were already in the house:

-Sharpie Metallic Silver (Fine) 2 pack
-Goof Off spray
-Rustoleum Matte Clear Enamel
-Small foam paint brush

I was looking for something totally unrelated earlier and saw one of the metallic silver Sharpies that I had used before when I customized a pair of Air Max Plus with that color around the shank plate (the CW was black, gray and white and I wanted to make it pop a little bit). Seeing this marker made me think of making these Bayou Boys silver (the way that I thought they would be anyway).

Because the paint is crackled, doing this with the fine point Sharpie is WAY more forgiving, but I did not just go back and forth with the marker like one would do coloring a picture. I "dabbed" the marker to change the color so that it would like look streaky, but doing this means that you will have to look and go over the shoe a few times to fill in any white spots you see. Also, you will want to possibly use 2 different light sources (i.e.: sunlight during the day and artificial light in the evening) because you can see how the color looks and possibly see more white that needs to be filled in.

After changing the color, I took a paper towel and sprayed it with the Goof Off (a spray that removes paint, tape, sticky residue, etc.) to carefully go over the midsole for any spots where I accidentally hit it with the marker. Another thing that I could have done was put tape around the top of the midsole, but wiping it with the Goof Off was quicker to me. After that, I took the shoe trees out of the sneakers and put my hands inside the shoe to press on the sides to make the crackle pop more (though the crackle will come through when the marker dries).

Now, when I used the marker on the Air Max Plus, the color never faded (the marker is water-resistant and I wore those shoes out in the rain just to see if the color would stand up and it did). This time, due to the bulk of the upper being covered with the marker, I will let the color dry overnight and then tomorrow look over them one last time and go over any white spots. After that, I will use the matte finish enamel spray just to be on the safe side and prevent the color from changing. I will apply the spray by spraying it on the small sponge paint brush and then brushing it over the areas so it does not get on any other parts of the sneaker.

I think I explained the process clearly (I hope I did anyway because my brain is mush right now LOL). This will not be for everybody and some will not feel comfortable using a Sharpie on their $200 sneakers (which I understand), but I was inspired to change the color of these and I like the way it turned out.

Last edited:
BEWARE: Long post below.....you have been warned! LOL

This is how the Bayou Boys looked (in my head) when I saw them and I like them better now like this:

20201123_215201.jpg

Here is a side-by-side of how the color look out the box vs. after I made one silver.....

20201123_214746.jpg

So, I went straight up arts and crafts on these and used things that were already in the house:

-Sharpie Metallic Silver (Fine) 2 pack
-Goof Off spray
-Rustoleum Matte Clear Enamel
-Small foam paint brush

I was looking for something totally unrelated earlier and saw one of the metallic silver Sharpies that I had used before when I customized a pair of Air Max Plus with that color around the shank plate (the CW was black, gray and white and I wanted to make it pop a little bit). Seeing this marker made me think of making these Bayou Boys silver (the way that I thought they would be anyway).

Because the paint is crackled, doing this with the fine point Sharpie is WAY more forgiving, but I did not just go back and forth with the marker like one would do coloring a picture. I "dabbed" the marker to change the color so that it would like look streaky, but doing this means that you will have to look and go over the shoe a few times to fill in any white spots you see. Also, you will want to possibly use 2 different light sources (i.e.: sunlight during the day and artificial light in the evening) because you can see how the color looks and possibly see more white that needs to be filled in.

After changing the color, I took a paper towl and sprayed it with the Goof Off (a spray that removes paint, tape, sticky residue, etc.) to carefully go over the midsole for any spots where I accidentally hit it with the marker. Another thing that I could have done was put tape around the top of the midsole, but wiping it with the Goof Off was quicker to me. After that, I took the shoe trees out of the sneakers and put my hands inside the shoe to press on the sides to make the crackle pop more (though the crackle will come through when the marker dries).

Now, when I used the marker on the Air Max Plus, the color never faded (the marker is water-resistant and I wore those shoes out in the rain just to see if the color would stand up and it did). This time, due to the bulk of the upper being covered with the marker, I will let the color dry overnight and then tomorrow look over them one last time and go over any white spots. After that, I will use the matte finish enamel spray just to be on the safe side and prevent the color from changing. I will apply the spray by spraying it on the small sponge paint brush and then brushing it over the areas so it does not get on any other parts of the sneaker.

I think I explained the process clearly (I hope I dod anyway because my brain is mush right now LOL). This will not be for everybody and some will not feel comfortable using a Sharpie on their $200 sneakers (which I understand), but I was inspired to change the color of these and I like the way it turned out.
Though i cannot approve the method or products i highly approve and commend the effort.
If anything you may have to touch up or hit it with different product at some point but theyre far from ruined. Good ****

I appreciate the post because I bought them in spite of the fact that I (also) thought they were silver. I'm actually more excited now to get mine, knowing it's more of an off-white.

Though i cannot approve the method or products i highly approve and commend the effort.
If anything you may have to touch up or hit it with different product at some point but theyre far from ruined. Good ****
Yeah, I will see how it holds up and if I need to buy some metallic silver spray paint to touch up, I will use it with a small sponge paint brush (I am not into taping up the shoes). I do not think they will get ruined or anything since this Sharpie seems to be different from the normal Sharpie, but if so, then this will be an experimental shoe. LOL

Back
Top Bottom