AIr jordan XXXV first info.

B7E0A0CB-2879-48E2-92A7-9992AC7389D3.jpeg

What's this theme? Thought maybe nightmare before christmas but that would be random.

What's this theme? Thought maybe nightmare before christmas but that would be random.

I’m going to go with voodoo. The face on the shoe kind of looks like Jack Skellington from ANBC, but it’s not. And voodoo has a connection to New Orleans.

Gonna grab a low to hoop in for sure. I’ve got my 35s down to fragment, DNA and black red. Probably done unless a crazy deal pops up on something else I like. I moved my bayou boys. Just couldn’t stand the gum outsole.

Only lows that look really good are the ones that were designed to be lows. Not the ones where they just chopped the collar off of. The 2 lows may even look better than the highs to me.

Exception being:
Some 5s & 6s (CW plays a big part)
11s
The rest had OG releases of lows, and they look so much better. 13s-17s were okay. Then nothing really until the 31s. The 31- 34 lows so far have been great looking shoes IMO.
In my eyes 35s would look great in lows.

Sorry I'm, off topic a bit I know. On the cool though the 35s, they are one of those shoes that strike me as a better looking shoe low, or even maybe more of a mid. Than high... we'll see, let's hope so.

I hate this because you are one of the people I trusted most on here - same era and a lot of the time same thoughts, especially this. I have had $250 in my pocket from selling some of my shoes. Normally I’m burning to spend it, but not now. Just nothing out there on shelves that I want to pay retail for (although the Lebron 18 is a great shoe) and the retro stuff is stupid to get. I’m not quitting but I’m definitely seeing the light.

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry to have to say what I did, but it's the God's honest truth. Just with everything going on, and how hard it is to get even general release stuff, it has really soured my love for the hobby. I'm still a sneakerhead, a Jordan fanatic and an Agassi fanatic. I'm going to grab one pair of Carmines and will get anything Nike releases under the relaunched Challenge Court line (last year was glorious for us tennis/Agassi fans). And if something special releases, it may be on my radar (another Chicago 1, which I still wear my 1995s and would love a new pair, or let's see how much the XXXVI looks like the old VI, my favorite of all Jordans).

But when I couldn't pull the trigger last year on something I wanted, I had a feeling it was over. When I couldn't push buy for the Dynasty 35s several weeks ago, I knew it's over for me. Gotta figure out which ones I'm keeping and then figure out how to sell the rest. Still well over 150 pairs of stuff with other brands. Only ones that mean something I'm keeping along with all my Agassis (vintage and DS). Just gotta find the right boutique to sell them too. But I'll always be in the forums buddy. 👍

Last edited:
Just with everything going on, and how hard it is to get even general release stuff, it has really soured my love for the hobby.
Many people feel this way. Copping J's hasn't been fun in 15 years. It's been a chore. A burden. A hassle. When I have to hit "add to cart" as fast as I can, across 3 different devices, and 4+ different websites, for 3 straight hours, just to attempt to give Nike $200 of my hard earned money, it's easy to leave the game behind. My love for sneakers hasn't faded, but the game has changed so much for the worst, I don't even recognize it anymore.

Bred thread. Busted em out on court last night and as others have reported some discomfort on the medial side of just left shoe/ foot for me but I think it will dissipate with time/ break in. Going to sport the 34’s next time on court to compare as it’s been a while since I’ve played in them. 35’s felt good. Great support and felt good overall. Definitely bigger than the 34’s but I still went 11 in both as I always have with every Nike/Jordan sneakers over past 30 years.
2F560AD7-AC3F-4663-8647-A7C60F5861DA.jpeg
9EAFFAB1-4A46-4BF5-975C-365DD8EA82F9.jpeg
F43ECEF0-2C84-45F8-B246-ED87B194CBB4.jpeg

for me it's the left foot medial side. I'm trying to pound that side more often to flatten it or atleast widen to feel nice and loose.

I’m going to go with voodoo. The face on the shoe kind of looks like Jack Skellington from ANBC, but it’s not. And voodoo has a connection to New Orleans.
guess you are right. but it did pop out in my mind at first that it looks like ANBC.

Many people feel this way. Copping J's hasn't been fun in 15 years. It's been a chore. A burden. A hassle. When I have to hit "add to cart" as fast as I can, across 3 different devices, and 4+ different websites, for 3 straight hours, just to attempt to give Nike $200 of my hard earned money, it's easy to leave the game behind. My love for sneakers hasn't faded, but the game has changed so much for the worst, I don't even recognize it anymore.
problem is, we have to fight the new generation that are so fixated on reselling retro J stuff. that is why I'm changing my game on finding shoes that are not related to Jordan or something that is recent but not a lot of youngsters care about. I wonder when they are going to retro Pippens?

So true. My favorite Jordan – fire red 5 3M tongue released and I grabbed a lot of pairs. It’s really the only Jordan I need. I’m passing on the carmines. Just not worth the hassle.

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry to have to say what I did, but it's the God's honest truth. Just with everything going on, and how hard it is to get even general release stuff, it has really soured my love for the hobby. I'm still a sneakerhead, a Jordan fanatic and an Agassi fanatic. I'm going to grab one pair of Carmines and will get anything Nike releases under the relaunched Challenge Court line (last year was glorious for us tennis/Agassi fans). And if something special releases, it may be on my radar (another Chicago 1, which I still wear my 1995s and would love a new pair, or let's see how much the XXXVI looks like the old VI, my favorite of all Jordans).

But when I couldn't pull the trigger last year on something I wanted, I had a feeling it was over. When I couldn't push buy for the Dynasty 35s several weeks ago, I knew it's over for me. Gotta figure out which ones I'm keeping and then sell the rest. Still well over 150 pairs of stuff with other brands. Only ones that mean something I'm keeping along with all my Agassis (vintage and DS) Most of my DS stuff is gone, and the stuff that isn't have barely been worn. Just gotta find the right boutique to sell them too. But I'll always be in the forums buddy. 👍
05fordgt 05fordgt well, from what I’ve heard, of the carmines are it, you picked a beauty to go out on. Hearing from my guy at Scheels and Finish Line they are some of the best materials on a retro ever.
I've been a shoe fiend since I got my first pair of Js in eighth grade, Fire Red IVs, Xmas '89. During these past 31 years, my attention/addiction has fluctuated. Went through a period from probably about '99-02 where I took a bit of a hiatus and didn't pay attention much. Even went through a phase where my daily sneakers became mid-tier Adidas runners, which makes me laugh now. Other than that weird alternate universe, I've always strictly been a Nike guy.

I basically gave up on Jordans, other than a couple pairs, from '07-14 or 15 when they became easier to get and they at least improved the retros some compared to the absolute TRASH versions/quality they released during those years. I was in full-on random Nike bball retro and Kobe mode, and no one even cared about Kobes. It was great.

Even greater was the few years we had from, oh, say 2015 or so until not even a year ago. Barely struggled to get any of the shoes I wanted. You had to try and put in SOME effort, but it was minor, and I don't think I had to resort to resale for a single pair I wanted during that time.

The past year--really not even a full 12 months--turned things back on their head like it's the mid-2000 era. The Flint drop in, what, May last year, is when it appeared to suddenly be a B again. Suddenly EVERYONE is a reseller. It's mad annoying and frustrating, for sure.

For me, though ... it's still not enough to cause me to say I'm just quitting. I can't quit something I genuinely love. I've sold probably 30 or 40 pairs in the past few years, but I've also bought at least that many to take their place. I'm just trying to evolve the way I go about it and what I think I "need." I'm not going to let short-term frustration take away from the oddly satisfying joy I get just from getting a new pair of shoes I want. I've always been reasonably selective in my tastes and which models I want/buy, so maybe that makes it easier for me, I dunno. But we've seen variations on this theme before ... every release (and I'm not just talking Jordans in this sense) is not going to keep selling out instantly like this forever. And if it goes on long enough, Nike would be insane not to up production numbers again.

I just hate to see people getting so discouraged to the point they're selling off collections and all of that. It's not going to be like this forever.

Last edited:
I've been a shoe fiend since I got my first pair of Js in eighth grade, Fire Red IVs, Xmas '89. During these past 31 years, my attention/addiction has fluctuated. Went through a period from probably about '99-02 where I took a bit of a hiatus and didn't pay attention much. Even went through a phase where my daily sneakers became mid-tier Adidas runners, which makes me laugh now. Other than that weird alternate universe, I've always strictly been a Nike guy.

I basically gave up on Jordans, other than a couple pairs, from '07-14 or 15 when they became easier to get and they at least improved the retros some compared to the absolute TRASH versions/quality they released during those years. I was in full-on random Nike bball retro and Kobe mode, and no one even cared about Kobes. It was great.

Even greater was the few years we had from, oh, say 2015 or so until not even a year ago. Barely struggled to get any of the shoes I wanted. You had to try and put in SOME effort, but it was minor, and I don't think I had to resort to resale for a single pair I wanted during that time.

The past year--really not even a full 12 months--turned things back on their head like it's the mid-2000 era. The Flint drop in, what, May last year, is when it appeared to suddenly be a B again. Suddenly EVERYONE is a reseller. It's mad annoying and frustrating, for sure.

For me, though ... it's still not enough to cause me to say I'm just quitting. I can't quit something I genuinely love. I've sold probably 30 or 40 pairs in the past few years, but I've also bought at least that many to take their place. I'm just trying to evolve the way I go about it and what I think I "need." I'm not going to let me short-term frustration take away from the oddly satisfying joy I get just from getting a new pair of shoes I want. I've always been reasonably selective in my tastes and which models I want/buy, so maybe that makes it easier for me, I dunno. But we've seen variations on this theme before ... every release (and I'm not just talking Jordans in this sense) is not going to keep selling out instantly like this forever. And if it goes on long enough, Nike would be insane not to up production numbers again.

I just hate to see people getting so discouraged to the point they're selling off collections and all of that. It's not going to be like this forever.

I'm with you pretty much 100%, except replace Fire Red 4's in the 8th grade with Hot Lava Agassis in the 7th haha. I'm not planning on selling my collection or anything, but I was having this same discussion with a friend about being done about 3 days ago.

Prime example, one of my close friend's new girlfriend is now one of those "wannabe resellers." He asked her to download SNKRS about a year ago to help the 2 of us out with an extra chance. At some point, she realized she could make a few bucks and now if she hits on something in his size, it doesn't matter if he wants them or not, she's trying to sell. Case in point, she got early access to the Off White 5's, hit them, and then wouldn't let him have them. Her exact quote was "MY account got the EA, not yours, so these are mine. You still have a chance on release date next week." Held onto them thinking the price would skyrocket like the other OW shoes and missed her window. She knows ZERO about shoes or what's hot without us telling her, and now she's buying literally everything she gets offered EA on, no matter what it is.

Combine this crap with not being able to hit anything any more at Champs where I was like 98% success rate because of FLX being terrible, I'm pretty much done. Carmines and a proper Military 4, and I'm probably calling it a day for stuff I can't just walk in and buy.

I'm with you pretty much 100%, except replace Fire Red 4's in the 8th grade with Hot Lava Agassis in the 7th haha. I'm not planning on selling my collection or anything, but I was having this same discussion with a friend about being done about 3 days ago.

Prime example, one of my close friend's new girlfriend is now one of those "wannabe resellers." He asked her to download SNKRS about a year ago to help the 2 of us out with an extra chance. At some point, she realized she could make a few bucks and now if she hits on something in his size, it doesn't matter if he wants them or not, she's trying to sell. Case in point, she got early access to the Off White 5's, hit them, and then wouldn't let him have them. Her exact quote was "MY account got the EA, not yours, so these are mine. You still have a chance on release date next week." Held onto them thinking the price would skyrocket like the other OW shoes and missed her window. She knows ZERO about shoes or what's hot without us telling her, and now she's buying literally everything she gets offered EA on, no matter what it is.

Combine this crap with not being able to hit anything any more at Champs where I was like 98% success rate because of FLX being terrible, I'm pretty much done. Carmines and a proper Military 4, and I'm probably calling it a day for stuff I can't just walk in and buy.

time to find a new girlfriend. I wouldn't stick around with someone with that kind of attitude. just imagine if they were going through a divorce. major headache.

Last edited:

Wow smh

time to find a new girlfriend. I wouldn't stick around with someone with that kind of attitude. just imagine if they were going through a divorce. major headache.

I thought he was joking when he told me lol. He wasn't.

Grizz, you've known me long enough to know how frustrated I have to be to be saying this stuff. I'm just over all the jumping through hoops. Used to, if you just put in the legwork, you could get what you wanted. Not any more. At this point, if it's not something I can get from little bro without calling in major favors, I don't feel like dealing with it. I have enough shoes to last 3 lifetimes.

Back
Top Bottom