AIr jordan XXXV first info.

I’ll be MJ’s other NBA jersey number next month. A variety of leg injuries have caused me to pretty much retire from pick-up ball, but I still go out and just get shots up regularly.

And I took a hiatus from the AJ sig line for a while, but have been in on all of them lately starting with the XXX1.

Hey buddy, early happy birthday! 👍 I'm 45 this Sept and I stopped playing pickup last year. Dealing with severe Crohn's, amount other issues. Plus I'm not gonna risk getting hurt and potentially being out of work back then (on long term disability now due to Crohn's). Like you, I'll still go to an empty court and shoot around. But it's 100% tennis now. Picked my racquet back up after a near 24 year hiatus (had played from 12 to mid 20s until my tennis bud moved jobs. Much safer sport.

But when I did play, I felt like Manu. Playing smart and heady. Finding my spots and also using the one part of my game that NEVER left, my jump shot! Could always burn someone who would leave me alone, thinking I wasn't worth covering! Always felt good to bury a deep 3 and look at their reaction to an early 40s 6 foot guy hit a shot like that. Always made my day.

Last edited:
Got my Breds today. I am replacing the laces with all black laces. I’m thinking about blacking out the white midsole. Has anyone done this? Any pics of the midsole blacked out?
Got mine today and was thinking the same thing. I would have preferred the outsole/eclipse plate to be grey more like the metallic 5’s and the midsole blacked out as you said. They obviously wouldn’t be “ Breds” after that but I think would have looked much better although close to a blackcat model. I’ve never customized/altered any sneakers before so what would be the best way to black out midsole? I’m assuming the angelus paint that I’ve read about in other threads?

44 here. Sae MJ play in 1988, and got my first Salem caricature shirt at a Sixers game that year. Black Cement IVs were my first pair in 7th grade '89-90 school year). Been buying ever since...BUT getting out of the hobby as it's just not fun like it used to be. No more impulse buys, and frankly, I can't pull the trigger on anything. Just don't have the urge to get anything right now.

That said, the black & red 35s look great and I do have a $50 GC and a 20% code, so that's very tempting. Will get the Carmine's as that shoe has very special meaning to me (passed on the OG in '91 for my 2nd pair of black/infrared VIs in 9th). For us old heads, this hobby while wonderful has had my head hurt with so many hurdles to jump to just spend money. Kinda why I'm selling 90% of my collection and calling it a day.

I'll always be a sneaker head, and will buy certain releases (has to be special) but the boat has saled for me.

I hate this because you are one of the people I trusted most on here - same era and a lot of the time same thoughts, especially this. I have had $250 in my pocket from selling some of my shoes. Normally I’m burning to spend it, but not now. Just nothing out there on shelves that I want to pay retail for (although the Lebron 18 is a great shoe) and the retro stuff is stupid to get. I’m not quitting but I’m definitely seeing the light.

I hate this because you are one of the people I trusted most on here - same era and a lot of the time same thoughts, especially this. I have had $250 in my pocket from selling some of my shoes. Normally I’m burning to spend it, but not now. Just nothing out there on shelves that I want to pay retail for (although the Lebron 18 is a great shoe) and the retro stuff is stupid to get. I’m not quitting but I’m definitely seeing the light.
I'd say the compulsion is not that much anymore as compared to quite a few years back. I just want to complete all the Js'. only came to my senses once the missus started to give me an earful.

Hey buddy, early happy birthday! 👍 I'm 45 this Sept and I stopped playing pickup last year. Dealing with severe Crohn's, amount other issues. Plus I'm not gonna risk getting hurt and potentially being out of work back then (on long term disability now due to Crohn's). Like you, I'll still go to an empty court and shoot around. But it's 100% tennis now. Picked my racquet back up after a near 24 year hiatus (had played from 12 to mid 20s until my tennis bud moved jobs. Much safer sport.

But when I did play, I felt like Manu. Playing smart and heady. Finding my spots and also using the one part of my game that NEVER left, my jump shot! Could always burn someone who would leave me alone, thinking I wasn't worth covering! Always felt good to bury a deep 3 and look at their reaction to an early 40s 6 foot guy hit a shot like that. Always made my day.

lol. went doing tennis because of Covid. it's one of those sports that were atleast considered as acceptable as far as health officials are advising. hate to see someone suffer from Chron's. I have one as well and it's pretty much on and off. before it was just horrible and uncontrollable but atleast now it's a bit more manageable but I still have to go to the toilet after a heavy meal just in case. the IBS is just frustrating. from what I have observed, it is mainly triggered when I drink significant amount of fluids, coffee, and heavy meal. oh and I had an accident today, I didn't make it to the toilet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
so went out today with the 35s and beat the hell out of them outdoors doing short sprints. the fit is still annoying as hell especially in the medial side so I just stomp the hell out of it. as far as good news is concerned, they seem to be beginning to break in slowly. they cushion is really great and felt more bouncy compared to my 34s. also, felt like flying while sprinting. felt like my knees are young again atleast for short sprints.

In this edition of fire PEs we can't have:

Air Jordan XXXV “Video Game” PE

1611799552405.png

1611799598620.png

1611799612897.png

1611799621553.png

Those ZION PE's should release. Love the font and color flow.

I tried on the 35. Bought my regular size and half size down.

regular size was cool but my heel keep popping out.

half size down was cool but the toe box was too small.

Guess I'll be passing on these entirely.

At this point, I'm holding out hope there is a low version released to the public that is sick ... and that the lows in general are as good as the 34 lows. This model has loads of potential for a low version if Nike does it properly ...

Something is telling me we're going to get either or and not both.

Either a low or an SE.

At this point, I'm holding out hope there is a low version released to the public that is sick ... and that the lows in general are as good as the 34 lows. This model has loads of potential for a low version if Nike does it properly ...

I'm probably done with the highs, unless I run across a steal or an incredible CW drops or sell my DNA's and grab breds. Given JB's track history I don't think we'll see much more than a black cat and possibly some OG inspired CW's and many many many PEs we'll never have a chance at if at all. Maybe an SE though. I've got skinny feet so these highs are a bit bulky to me. I'd still buy them all over again, but this might be the first model in a long time lows might look better than highs IMO. I like you, am impatiently waiting on some new CW's or lows at this point. I think the 35 would look sexy as a low.

Bred thread. Busted em out on court last night and as others have reported some discomfort on the medial side of just left shoe/ foot for me but I think it will dissipate with time/ break in. Going to sport the 34’s next time on court to compare as it’s been a while since I’ve played in them. 35’s felt good. Great support and felt good overall. Definitely bigger than the 34’s but I still went 11 in both as I always have with every Nike/Jordan sneakers over past 30 years.
2F560AD7-AC3F-4663-8647-A7C60F5861DA.jpeg
9EAFFAB1-4A46-4BF5-975C-365DD8EA82F9.jpeg
F43ECEF0-2C84-45F8-B246-ED87B194CBB4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom