AIr jordan XXXV first info.

It's stupid to me too. I think the general idea most of us have settled on is that it's some kind of strategy to keep the consumer always wanting, and ultimately buying more of your other products when the one they want is not available. Like you're posting the pic around trying to see if it's releasing, commenting more, maybe following more shoe sites or looking at NDC for info, and in the process you buy more other shoes or gear.

And there's also the high fashion or "rare commodity" angle. And then you could look at it like hey, Rui is an NBA player, and like with cars and clothes and houses and wines, they have access to things the common man does not.

There's probably no way to really know how we get to where we're currently at specifically. Probably some combination of all that stuff and add on top the calculus of if they make those Cherry Blossom 35s, just how many pairs will really sell? How many pairs have to sell for it to be a profitable venture **by Nike standards** for them to go through with it? And obviously you can imagine player and team success or failure factor in.

But still I don't like it.

It's stupid to me too. I think the general idea most of us have settled on is that it's some kind of strategy to keep the consumer always wanting, and ultimately buying more of your other products when the one they want is not available. Like you're posting the pic around trying to see if it's releasing, commenting more, maybe following more shoe sites or looking at NDC for info, and in the process you buy more other shoes or gear.

And there's also the high fashion or "rare commodity" angle. And then you could look at it like hey, Rui is an NBA player, and like with cars and clothes and houses and wines, they have access to things the common man does not.

There's probably no way to really know how we get to where we're currently at specifically. Probably some combination of all that stuff and add on top the calculus of if they make those Cherry Blossom 35s, just how many pairs will really sell? How many pairs have to sell for it to be a profitable venture **by Nike standards** for them to go through with it? And obviously you can imagine player and team success or failure factor in.

But still I don't like it.
I'd say it's a waste of resources and missed potential for sales. while there are suckers that would always buy no matter how ugly the shoes are, there is also a significant volume of shoes that would end up rotting away in shelves. not to mention that Nike makes a really high volume of these lame products than their hot sellers. I guess Nike is not paying enough attention on how much garbage their outlets have been piling up.

Screenshot_20210411-061346_Twitter.jpg

It’s one thing to not release all the CWs to the public, but the fact JB actually puts some effort into promoting PEs nobody will ever get is a bit perplexing to me. Like, why do I want to know how cool Rui’s Cherry Blossom 35s are if I can never have them?

What’s even more ridiculous is that they promote PEs that don’t even match the jerseys.

Old man moment:
I remember when a PE matched the uniform.

Ok that one pisses me off big time now!

It's like adding insult to injury. It's too much to put that to our face every damn week just to leave us empty handed like that. To me that's just plainly disrespectful to life long Nike and Jordan fans.

That's a missed opportunity as well to show you can pass on the legacy onto the next generation by combining all of what's best and revolutionary from your own history seperate from most recent innovations...remember the t-shirt appropriately named: ''The Evolution of Revolution'' from 1994? maybe you should go back to your roots and take a good look at the pictures at the back of the shirt and reflect on the meaning of it a little bit...

MAD! if all of those colorways with the OG look of recent weeks don't release.

JB just f-king stop trollin' , you know you are! respect the game.

I'd love to see images of all the colorways that have released vs all the ones that didn't. Even more devastating would be all the colorways that were actually available (for example, the 'Warrior' colorway was gone instantly and never came back) to buy, vs all the colorways that actually released in the US.

I guess at least the Guos dropped in the states and are readily available. Anybody played in them and can talk about how they perform?

I'd love to see images of all the colorways that have released vs all the ones that didn't. Even more devastating would be all the colorways that were actually available (for example, the 'Warrior' colorway was gone instantly and never came back) to buy, vs all the colorways that actually released in the US.

I guess at least the Guos dropped in the states and are readily available. Anybody played in them and can talk about how they perform?

you mean the lows? i dont think the regular guo's dropped stateside did they?

JB puts out basic colorways bc they know it will eventually sell out. Even if they sell it for $90 they still gettin money. This factors into what they do with collabs, PEs, and some of the more “spicier” colorways. They love money first, shoes second.

Im torn on the lows. The toe looks unfinished in some angles compared to the highs, and others it looks like it should of been like that from the start.

Last edited:
Im torn on the lows. The toe looks unfinished in some angles compared to the highs, and others it looks like it should of been like that from the start.

Dunno about the toe. for me though, the issue that I'm having with the lows is the oversized tongue and tongue tag. they could have shorten the tongue to make it less awkward.

I knew someone would have close ups

They are what I thought they were.

I remember when JB would put out a retro model and a new model along with it. Would have been nice.

Back
Top Bottom