AIr jordan XXXV first info.

B9B1110D-C4AD-4F0F-862D-66575F99A170.jpeg
117FEFDD-57C9-414C-83C3-E765BCEA5508.jpeg

They look less bulky on feet, and ill say its nice to see the return of hidden lacing from the XIII-XV. It looks like the drop off from the 34 will be more in the aesthetic department than performance.

It looks like PJ Tucker is wearing them right now vs LA

Last edited:
Pj Tucker must have got that pair out of Jeff greens stash. Wonder if Jordan Brand cares one way or the other about a non JB member wearing them this early on? Probably not since the pictures got leaked early. Any exposure is good exposure at this point.

Guess we'll find out soon how true this is. If they really are releasing a black/black colorway on October 1st, you'd think they'd have to have some kind of news release by next Thursday.
Launch might be around October 1st, which would seem to mean launch info should be coming soon.

Dunno how reliable this is. I tried to go to footlocker.eu and it looks like the french site, but I don't see this but

Translation is

"The next Air Jordan XXXV is scheduled for October 1 on the calendar
@FootLockerEU! (On the image it is the Fragment x AJXXXV which is scheduled for October 28!")

Pj Tucker must have got that pair out of Jeff greens stash. Wonder if Jordan Brand cares one way or the other about a non JB member wearing them this early on? Probably not since the pictures got leaked early. Any exposure is good exposure at this point.
For me I don’t agree with your last statement.

I remember when the new Jordan’s were one of the biggest days of the year for sneakers.

Now we got Uncle Jeff Green as the flagship athlete of the new line:rofl:

It takes some of the prestige away IMO, moves it closer to irrelevant. It’s like JB thinks it’s not a big deal so why should I?

For me I don’t agree with your last statement.

I remember when the new Jordan’s were one of the biggest days of the year for sneakers.

Now we got Uncle Jeff Green as the flagship athlete of the new line:rofl:

It takes some of the prestige away IMO, moves it closer to irrelevant. It’s like JB thinks it’s not a big deal so why should I?

You do have a point about prestige...

I saw Green wearing them last game too, it does take a bit of the luster away.

So many things I’m considering regarding the release:

Start with the pandemic. Difficult to have a proper launch, setup, location, getting their athletes together, etc.

As a result of the pandemic, most people don’t have access to the gyms like usual. Performance basketball sneakers are suffering/aren’t selling.

Restart of the NBA season, beginning when it did, throws off the usual timeframe of events. In a typical year, guys right now would be finishing up their vacations, individual workouts, and getting ready to join their respective teams (if not done so already). Currently less and less basketball is being played as we get deeper in the playoffs. Core teams are getting bounced as opposed to a season that would just be starting. Jordan athletes are dwindling (Zion and Luka are bounced). Tatum was on the verge of being bumped as well. So they’d have no athlete in the bubble to debut them (Russ has his own sig and is now headed out).
If everything gets sorted out with upcoming season, NBA won’t be back until 12/25 at earliest. No feature athletes or games to debut the kicks until 2 months after a usual September debut /October wide release, is not a good look.

All in all this is unprecedented times and a lot of companies are adjusting on the fly with limited planning and timeframes. Pandemic is the huge domino that derailed so much. Just my 2 pennies

JS”

^^^^^^ Great point

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing! That is what has been missing. Put the man in the shoes and heads will explode. Either way, you can even do it without him successfully as they have done in the past. JB marketing of the flagship is straight 🗑 as of late. There are exceptions such as the Zion Dunk etc but it just seems like the marketing team misses on so many obvious opportunities. Remember the good ol days:

Last edited:
is there a release date and a price yet for these ?

i almost kind of like the shoe but there is too much going on

So many things I’m considering regarding the release:

Start with the pandemic. Difficult to have a proper launch, setup, location, getting their athletes together, etc.

As a result of the pandemic, most people don’t have access to the gyms like usual. Performance basketball sneakers are suffering/aren’t selling.

Restart of the NBA season, beginning when it did, throws off the usual timeframe of events. In a typical year, guys right now would be finishing up their vacations, individual workouts, and getting ready to join their respective teams (if not done so already). Currently less and less basketball is being played as we get deeper in the playoffs. Core teams are getting bounced as opposed to a season that would just be starting. Jordan athletes are dwindling (Zion and Luka are bounced). Tatum was on the verge of being bumped as well. So they’d have no athlete in the bubble to debut them (Russ has his own sig and is now headed out).
If everything gets sorted out with upcoming season, NBA won’t be back until 12/25 at earliest. No feature athletes or games to debut the kicks until 2 months after a usual September debut /October wide release, is not a good look.

All in all this is unprecedented times and a lot of companies are adjusting on the fly with limited planning and timeframes. Pandemic is the huge domino that derailed so much. Just my 2 pennies

JS”

That’s true, but having Jeff Green debut your shoes to the NBA world isn’t the move.

^^^^^^ Great point

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing! That is what has been missing. Put the man in the shoes and heads will explode. Either way, you can even do it without him successfully as they have done in the past. JB marketing of the flagship is straight 🗑 as of late. There are exceptions such as the Zion Dunk etc but it just seems like the marketing team misses on so many obvious opportunities. Remember the good ol days:

I agree. but I guess Jordan Brand either cut their marketing years ago or not making a good job at it that it's pointless to have a marketing department. I guess they were missing an athlete with a massive appeal that would drive sales off the roof. let's see the list, CP3, WestBrook, Kawhi, Melo just a few examples. I believe they could drive sales with Kawhi and Melo if they only tried hard. CP3 though seems to lack an appeal and WestBrook is just straight up garbage (no matter how JB tries), the "WHY NOT" crap. JB doesn't have that problem with ZION and could boost sales.

did Jeff Green have permission though?

Jeff Green has been with JB since he first got in the league, probably due to David Falk. I doubt he needs permission. All of them probably got them, but Tatum might be more comfortable with the 34, plus he has his own PE's he wanted.

IMO it would have been better if PJ wore them first, but it doesn't matter IMO.

Makes me think of the time when Mike Bibby debuted the foamposites rather than Penny. Rumor has that Penny wasn’t thrilled with it. Don’t know how Jordan brand feels about this. But Tatum is still around so I could see an official rollout before Tuesday’s Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe even a new colorway or a launch colorway (not like a NRG/ limited release).

When you look at the Jordan roster, Tatum is really the only guy that would have been “the” guy to debut them with Zion and Luka being gone. “Technically” he could be said to have debuted them (just didn’t wear them in game) as he was the first to be seen with them.

Jordan brand Roster guys that make sense to debut the flagship: Tatum / Zion / Luka. As it’s rumored that Zion will have a sig next year, he gets bumped from being the face of the flagship model. Luka hasn’t really worn the flagship like the other athletes. He’s a big wearer of the diamond low and the jordan react elevation. Hachimura is not well known enough, just finished up his rookie campaign, and frankly isn’t there yet. Cp3 and Russ have their own signatures so they’re out. Melo can’t be the face (not in a disrespectful way but he’s not going to be the guy that moves units). There’s Oladipo, Blake, Conley, Aldridge but I don’t think any of us would see them marketed as such. This really leaves Tatum as the face of the flagship model.

JS”

Makes me think of the time when Mike Bibby debuted the foamposites rather than Penny. Rumor has that Penny wasn’t thrilled with it. Don’t know how Jordan brand feels about this. But Tatum is still around so I could see an official rollout before Tuesday’s Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe even a new colorway or a launch colorway (not like a NRG/ limited release).

When you look at the Jordan roster, Tatum is really the only guy that would have been “the” guy to debut them with Zion and Luka being gone. “Technically” he could be said to have debuted them (just didn’t wear them in game) as he was the first to be seen with them.

Jordan brand Roster guys that make sense to debut the flagship: Tatum / Zion / Luka. As it’s rumored that Zion will have a sig next year, he gets bumped from being the face of the flagship model. Luka hasn’t really worn the flagship like the other athletes. He’s a big wearer of the diamond low and the jordan react elevation. Hachimura is not well known enough, just finished up his rookie campaign, and frankly isn’t there yet. Cp3 and Russ have their own signatures so they’re out. Melo can’t be the face (not in a disrespectful way but he’s not going to be the guy that moves units). There’s Oladipo, Blake, Conley, Aldridge but I don’t think any of us would see them marketed as such. This really leaves Tatum as the face of the flagship model.

JS”

You guys keep forgetting about Kemba

Back
Top Bottom