AIr jordan XXXV first info.

Man these are NICE. Materials, fit, comfort all good. Nowhere near as snug as the 34.
4121E7F6-A072-4CAC-BE5E-AA47AE16F15F.jpeg

I definitely don't think resell culture is cool. I just think amongst a majority of people though it is. Especially with the younger generation. The reason I will never pay resellers is because I'm just making things worse by doing so. I won't hate on them for making money. However, I'm not going to praise them and say it's cool. We the sheep have to be way better and not buy from them.
Im just glad ive been fortunate enough to have amassed a decent collection prior to this socially acceptable norm of supporting resell.
Use to laugh whenever people would mention bowing out of sneaker collecting because once a sneaker head always a sneaker head yet after these last couple years last week and then today i feel im done checking in on new releases as theres no point in getting excited over something i wont get hands on until someones ready to free up closet space.
Too "old guard" for the younger generation and im sure theyre tired of me trying to rally up people on the forum lol.

Im just glad ive been fortunate enough to have amassed a decent collection prior to this socially acceptable norm of supporting resell.
Use to laugh whenever people would mention bowing out of sneaker collecting because once a sneaker head always a sneaker head yet after these last couple years last week and then today i feel im done checking in on new releases as theres no point in getting excited over something i wont get hands on until someones ready to free up closet space.
Too "old guard" for the younger generation and im sure theyre tired of me trying to rally up people on the forum lol.
What’s made it worse is these companies don’t care about the bot problem. They make it easy for these sleazeballs to gobble up pairs and then we get stuck either passing altogether or paying resell. They are despicable. Also, the foot stores screwed us over by their rigged FLX system. It’s just one thing after another. I’m surprised a lot of us have lasted this long, to tell you the truth.

The two places/people I can give major props to are Union and Kaws(when he had the collab).

What’s made it worse is these companies don’t care about the bot problem. They make it easy for these sleazeballs to gobble up pairs and then we get stuck either passing altogether or paying resell. They are despicable. Also, the foot stores screwed us over by their rigged FLX system. It’s just one thing after another. I’m surprised a lot of us have lasted this long, to tell you the truth.

The two places/people I can give major props to are Union and Kaws(when he had the collab).
They really dont lol, i mean to them its all business and i get it because as long as theyre moving product they dont care who that products going to or what happens there on after unless it begins to hurt the numbers which it wont.
The FLX/seniority points aspect means nothing and they can say all they want about them combating bots but we know they arent lol.
Like Rain mentioned at one point you use to walk into stores with retros and other kicks just chilling for us old heads to get all excited hop on here and chop it up about what we found. Then a couple years back 1s magically became the it shoe.
No one gave a **** about 1s lol never owned a single pair and dont plan to but once that kicked in all of sudden these lames on YT started popping up "cook groups" bots and all this other nonsense and things took a sharp turn.
Just like him i willingly switched over to Kobes and greatly enjoyed celebrating his success along the way but we all know where thats currently at so then last year fortunately i fell inlove with the 34s and said alright well im done with retros once again and ill just focus on modern joints...
wrong lol.
Its not a thing of "getting my weight up" as the funds are there but i ask myself why? If the fun is no longer there and the community has changed who am i to speak out against it what the majority are ok with.

Gentry is a huge part of the problem. It is not a coincidence he has presided over the times it has been totally unfun to be an Air Jordan fan.

The majority are not ok with it. You can clearly see that here. The question is what to do about it. Don't pay resell, speak out against it at every opportunity, and ***** at Nike as much as you can. Companies kill their mojo all the time with carelessness and Nike can be no different.

Gentry is a huge part of the problem. It is not a coincidence he has presided over the times it has been totally unfun to be an Air Jordan fan.

The majority are not ok with it. You can clearly see that here. The question is what to do about it. Don't pay resell, speak out against it at every opportunity, and ***** at Nike as much as you can. Companies kill their mojo all the time with carelessness and Nike can be no different.

You know what I thought today? It's no longer fun getting pics of the upcoming joints. It's like regular releases are PEs. We'd see Zion rocking those South Carolina joints for instance

zsc4.png

And while I knew we couldn't get those it was fun to look at them and still post the occasional unobtainable shoe.

But now everything is unobtainable. I was sitting there earlier today thinking why am I posting more pictures of new models that like 1 out of 10 of us may luck up and get? And across the board, whether it's an Air Presto or a XXXV. And it's even worse when you wear a size 13!

I never pay resale for a shoe released in the US and I've never bought off goat or stockx. I probably won't speak out about it to their corporate office unless we get a movement going, but I don't see the point anymore in posting detailed pictures of **** I can't purchase. Not because it costs too much, but because Nike's playing some kind of weird game with supply and demand.

:rofl:
So true, and so sad.

It's really fascinating to see what has happened in such a short period of time (really a year or less). And it's absolutely bizarre.

During the late 2000s/first half of the 2010s, I pretty much quit even trying to buy retro Jordans. It most definitely was not fun because of how difficult it was to get a pair, as mentioned. Combined with the worst stretch in Jordan history in terms of the quality of the shoes, it was an easy thing to just stop chasing and caring about. I just stuck with Kobes and other models, new and retro, that were for the most part pretty easy to buy at retail (or less).

I thought we were done with that **** when, starting in about 2015, suddenly it was relatively easy to get retros on release day. I recall Nike making it known it was pivoting away from limiting things as much, especially as it announced big goals in terms of revenue growth. And we've seen it with things like the 11 retros, for which you still have had to put in some effort due to that shoe's huge popularity and status, but each year the past few years, they've ramped up the numbers to the point where the black/reds last year were supposedly made to the tune of 2 million pairs.

The reseller culture has definitely exploded all of a sudden. But while I can believe it definitely is having an impact, I'm most curious to know what the production volumes are for a lot of these latest releases. Without knowing those numbers, it's difficult to attempt to analyze how popular these shoes really are, or what is REALLY going on right now in terms of all of this difficulty everyone is having when trying to buy. The situation with the AIr Raid retro comes to mind instantly. If we found out Nike was only cranking out 5,000 pairs (or less) of these models, it would change the perspective we have on the situation's root cause.

This recent shift has been SO MASSIVE, it's difficult for me to believe it can all be pinned on reselling. Christ, two years ago in Aug. 2018, I rocked up to the mall an hour early (for the first time in years) for the black-toe 13s. It was a ghost town even by the time the stores opened. Across the three or four stores in the mall that had them, I saw less than 20 people total buying them. Then here on NT, people were laughing about how no one cares about black-toe 13s and the release being a failure. Can you imagine what would happen if they hadn't released that shoe then, but did so now? It would be the absolute opposite.

I believe I can attest to this. I remember between 2005-2010, the only shoes that I can only buy and were available were Kobes, Lebrons and Huaraches. I was ballin hard back then and couldn't find me some of the playable Jordans. they were so rare that I'd be willing to shell out a few extra 100s just to get one. I was so desperate that I would inquire people if they got connections to get me some pair. starting 2015 to this day, those Jordans are as common as buying Champion shoes at payless stores. not sure if I lost interest in them due to the massive availability of the shoes or just the obnoxious color schemes or poor craftsmanship or bad quality or all of the above but I stopped caring for them. it's funny how many Jordans that I skipped eversince they became massively available. I believe this supply and demand thing are driven mostly by hype nowadays rather than real interest in the shoes.

They really dont lol, i mean to them its all business and i get it because as long as theyre moving product they dont care who that products going to or what happens there on after unless it begins to hurt the numbers which it wont.
The FLX/seniority points aspect means nothing and they can say all they want about them combating bots but we know they arent lol.
Like Rain mentioned at one point you use to walk into stores with retros and other kicks just chilling for us old heads to get all excited hop on here and chop it up about what we found. Then a couple years back 1s magically became the it shoe.
No one gave a **** about 1s lol never owned a single pair and dont plan to but once that kicked in all of sudden these lames on YT started popping up "cook groups" bots and all this other nonsense and things took a sharp turn.
Just like him i willingly switched over to Kobes and greatly enjoyed celebrating his success along the way but we all know where thats currently at so then last year fortunately i fell inlove with the 34s and said alright well im done with retros once again and ill just focus on modern joints...
wrong lol.
Its not a thing of "getting my weight up" as the funds are there but i ask myself why? If the fun is no longer there and the community has changed who am i to speak out against it what the majority are ok with.

well for me, the other things that are annoying about resellers is the hoarding of shoes and later find the shoes sitting, worn down due to age, outdated and have lost their appeal. I remember waiting for those Reebok Alien Stomper pack a few years back that I couldn't even purchase by the time they got released on their website or if ever they even got released to the public or just dump them to the resellers. because surely a few days after that, I saw a lot of listing on eBay selling them for twice they were worth. I kept on waiting hoping to get those pack for a reasonable price, unfortunately, 2 years after that, I totally lost interest.

To this day, the 1s phenomenon is hilarious to me. You are absolutely correct: NO ONE wanted 1s once Jordans became modern (really starting with the III), no one talked about them, and retros of the black/reds and Chicagos ROTTED on shelves. I will say, I can see the appeal of them as pretty simple shoes for casual wear, just like Dunks or any other bball shoe from the early-mid '80s that basically all looked a lot like each other. Every once in a while, I even almost buy a pair if I like the colorway. But how that shoe has become the end all be all, I will never understand :lol:

To this day, the 1s phenomenon is hilarious to me. You are absolutely correct: NO ONE wanted 1s once Jordans became modern (really starting with the III), no one talked about them, and retros of the black/reds and Chicagos ROTTED on shelves. I will say, I can see the appeal of them as pretty simple shoes for casual wear, just like Dunks or any other bball shoe from the early-mid '80s that basically all looked a lot like each other. Every once in a while, I even almost buy a pair if I like the colorway. But how that shoe has become the end all be all, I will never understand :lol:
Don’t be surprised if 8s are the new 1s someday.

This is crazy to read after all the hype around them now a days. I used to wear ones back in 2014 for the gym. I dont really like 1s personally they're super plain imo and the OGs (Chi, Black/red and Shadow) in the 1985 shape I really like and would buy but the rest I'm good I have always been super in to the 3,4,5 and 6 tbh tho. Idk what it is about late 80s early 90s tinker designs but they do a lot for me.

This is crazy to read after all the hype around them now a days. I used to wear ones back in 2014 for the gym. I dont really like 1s personally they're super plain imo and the OGs (Chi, Black/red and Shadow) in the 1985 shape I really like and would buy but the rest I'm good I have always been super in to the 3,4,5 and 6 tbh tho. Idk what it is about late 80s early 90s tinker designs but they do a lot for me.
Seems like yesterday: Freshman year of college, the local mall had the ‘94 Chi 1 retros sitting there for what seemed like the whole year. I was into Jordan and Jordans and sneakers just as much then as I am now. And every time I’d be at the mall and walk past them, I’d laugh and say, who would ever buy those now? And no one disagreed LOL

Why does every shoe now have to have a nickname? Does the brand drive that? Or do they react and move from what others on the internet decide to call them. I got guys at work approaching me that are barely into shoes and talking about them by their nickname. I of all people there, had to go look them up to know what shoe they were mentioning.
For real, I really didnt know what the Warrior and DNA was. Had to look up Center of Gravity also. And I have followed this thread from the beginning and never paid attention to these names . When I would speak of them at work, I would say the White and Blacks or Black and reds.

Back
Top Bottom