Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Screenshot_20220503-095943_Twitter.jpg

I've been primarily playing in KD 14s and GT cuts for the last few months, but I've seen some very positive reviews of the 36s in this thread. I tried on a pair of the infrared's yesterday in my TTS size and the length was perfect by that leno-weave seemed really stiff and pretty tight on my pinky. Does that material break in and stretch or is that pretty much what it's like even after a break-in period? I also tried a half size up but the length just seemed to be too long. I'm mostly interested in giving them a shot if a low version comes out, but I'm also thinking I'll just go with the KD 15 if that releases soon. Any feedback on whether the leno-weave breaks in?

sorry to double back lol.. I've played in a lot of shoes. old and new... but the 36s have me excited for my next hoop session/game. they're hella responsive and had my feet and legs feeling fresh. the protruding zoom is there and noticable but you throw it in the back of your mind once you're in a rhythm

I've been primarily playing in KD 14s and GT cuts for the last few months, but I've seen some very positive reviews of the 36s in this thread. I tried on a pair of the infrared's yesterday in my TTS size and the length was perfect by that leno-weave seemed really stiff and pretty tight on my pinky. Does that material break in and stretch or is that pretty much what it's like even after a break-in period? I also tried a half size up but the length just seemed to be too long. I'm mostly interested in giving them a shot if a low version comes out, but I'm also thinking I'll just go with the KD 15 if that releases soon. Any feedback on whether the leno-weave breaks in?
I only wore my pair once and I had to take out the insoles. Most people told me the shoes require no break in but I had the same pinky toe issue as well.

Hopefully they do break in or I have to break in the insoles as is.

Any word on the Rui's or the other mids on page 104? Looks like the lows are approaching fast and once the lows hit in past years that was a wrap on the mids. But in these perilous times who knows?

..that leno-weave seemed really stiff and pretty tight on my pinky. Does that material break in and stretch or is that pretty much what it's like even after a break-in period? ...Any feedback on whether the leno-weave breaks in?
The leno-weave itself is NOT stiff, it's very light and pliable. The fibres themselves are NOT stretchy BUT the weaving can be worked a little bit just by wearing the shoes on 2-3-4 minutes and then simply walking around or jumping in place lightly in a repeated manner. Worst case scenario you'll see the ''biggest'' difference in the first 10 minutes or so on court if the shoes feel very tight on your foot. After 1-2 wears on court you will probably feel a slight permanent ''change''or adjustement might be the most appropriate term, but very minimal change in that regard with the xxxvi in my experience.

My impression is that the insole also seems to flatten a few mils or form to your foot in a matter of minutes, thus reducing that initial toe tightness issue each wear, but next time you put your shoes back on, it feels like one step back again a.k.a semi-broken in as far as toe tightness is concerned. It's the best way I can describe it. Does that make sense?

I played in the First Light, the Psychic Energy( reg. abd PF) and the Blk/ Infrareds, several pairs each colorway so far.

For some reason each new colorway I tried seem to have gotten better with time. The craftsmanship or quality control looks like it has improved alot between the First Light and the Infrared wether it be after inspection or wearing. I had to exchange many First Light shoes or pairs unfortunately because of uneven fit on both feet as some were definitely way tighter at the toe or you could feel the zoom bag protruding from the inside underneath your foot in some instances as if it was too bulky or over inflated!! but found some better/ok pairs that needed to adjust to my foot.

Whereas with the Psychic I had no problems at all with quality and initial comfort was never and issue, though the shoes felt minimally tight at the toe when putting them on.

Finally as for the infrared which I played in again yesterday and broke in a brand new pair, seriously you put'em on, you jump on court and you just forget have something on you feet unless you have to crazy stop on a dime and experience that astounding zoom unit absorb the impact like you're floating on air, they're that good!! Found one shoe with a somewhat minor cosmetic flaw/quality control issue: crooked pull tab at the back though. Some may have not cared about it but in my view it was too obvious to pass the eye test and I don't need my shoes to be perfect under the microscope, just some good common sense.

Will try either the Green Spark or Sunset next or maybe the lows on court. Not sure yet which ones I will get cause I love them all!!! Will keep you guys posted when I do for those interested.

I gotta be in the minority here, but thank god they got rid of that lace pouch on the tongue for the lows. I hated that thing from the start, and that was also one the reason why I ended up returning the highs and wait for the lows.

The pairs that sit flat are fine with me, but I definitely have one that was sewn on a little funny and it sticks up. Don't like the way that looks.

I gotta be in the minority here, but thank god they got rid of that lace pouch on the tongue for the lows. I hated that thing from the start, and that was also one the reason why I ended up returning the highs and wait for the lows.

No I hated it too. Definitely factored in with my return. Can't wait for the lows though. Hoping those work well for me in ways the highs didn't.

Back
Top Bottom