Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Point was his low pay was because he was a low tier athlete. Their high tier guys have had competitive pay. Melo, CP3, Blake, Westbrook had million dollar+ salaries pre-2014.

Dwayne Wade made 2 million a year with JB, he left and signed a 6 million dollar a year contract with Li-.

Jimmy Butler took a 75% paycut to sign with JB after leaving Adidas. He left JB and got a “Significant” raise by signing with Li-Ning.

My point was, Nike offers lower pay and Puma’s offering athletes more money so they choose to go with Puma.

Obviously I’m talking about the past couple of years since Puma got back in the game with basketball shoes.

Isn’t Zion making something like 5/75mil and Lukas deal was supposed to be worth more than that? I could be out of my mind “goes to Google.” Lol

Yes but the point was that Kahwii at the time, was not recognized as a superstar/star player. He wasn’t going to be making much.

They were cheap in renegotiations too when it was time to sign a new contract. After he was the star player that he is now.

How Kawhi Leonard’s New Balance shoe deal started with Jordan Brand
Jordan Brand may have lowballed one of the best players in the game. So Leonard took his talents to New Balance.

Leonard and Jordan Brand fell out
Leonard signed with the Nike subsidiary after he was drafted and his deal paid him less than $500,000 a year. He and Jordan Brand were “close” to completing a four-year deal worth more than $20 million, according to ESPN’s Michael C. Wright and Ramona Shelburne. The deal was reportedly similar to Jordan Brand’s current contract with Pistons all-star Blake Griffin.

But contract negotiations reportedly broke down at the last minute after Leonard’s reps felt Jordan’s offer wasn’t representative of his standing as one of the top players in the NBA. When healthy, he was a perennial lock as a candidate for both Most Valuable Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year. He also only played nine games last season while battling a lingering quadriceps injury in San Antonio.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/28...ce-sneaker-deal-shoe-endorsement-jordan-brand

We can keep talking Kawhi if you’d like, but I’m speaking about their business practices in general.

4yrs/20 mil (the article said it was actually more than that) wasn’t bad for a guy who only played 9 games that season and was beefing with his team. Not going to blame a company for being cautious with him and his situation at the time.

money-related, Nike has become master of lowball contracts. the thing about Nike is not about basing their salary on how much the players' popularity can move products but rather maximize profit by minimizing costs (production and salaries). they have become the Converse or Adidas of Old when they offered MJ his rookie contract. dropping players is not really a new thing in business. I bet the players that went to chinese brands got more lucrative offers, even the undeserving ones.

money-related, Nike has become master of lowball contracts. the thing about Nike is not about basing their salary on how much the players' popularity can move products but rather maximize profit by minimizing costs (production and salaries). they have become the Converse or Adidas of Old when they offered MJ his rookie contract. dropping players is not really a new thing in business. I bet the players that went to chinese brands got more lucrative offers, even the undeserving ones.

My man that’s all I’m saying.

His New Balance line has done quite well. I’m not sure who is buying them (besides me, a shoe and Clippers fan), but somebody is.
Yes- Doing quite well off 1,000 pairs…They’re playing a very safe strategy with him.

Nike and Jordan are paying their tier 1 guys extremely well (Lebron, Giannis, KD, Zion, Luka, Russ) even though sig lines have not netted good profit the last few years. That’s why their latest signees are Jordan guys- JB can eat those contracts.
The Chinese brands large wallet size is simple: their 1bil+ pop. They can throw money at anyone- that’s why the Rondos, DHowards, AGordons are getting signature shoes.

Puma- are they really out-spending Nike or just willing to give lower tier guys money and perks? They’re not getting top tier guys from other brands, or signing tier 1 or tier 2 talent. Their guys do have a lot of upside though.

Put in a low bid for a pair of Luka’s on StockX and won. Came out, with all fees, to be $5 over retail. Pretty happy (hopefully they’re really real 🤣. I will be returning the glory’s because I’m pretty sure the mesh will turn horribly yellow.
A471941A-6837-4D90-93DB-F9AE8DAC5A93.jpeg

Put in a low bid for a pair of Luka’s on StockX and won. Came out, with all fees, to be $5 over retail. Pretty happy (hopefully they’re really real 🤣. I will be returning the glory’s because I’m pretty sure the mesh will turn horribly yellow.
A471941A-6837-4D90-93DB-F9AE8DAC5A93.jpeg

What size?

Back
Top Bottom