Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Heres my og set. This is the order they dropped in.

8D3F99F2-27D8-402D-B84E-2CBAC18B0020.jpeg
Man do I get pissed off every time I see a good pic of OG white/reds :lol:
They're all cool, and I got the OG Taxis on release day all those years ago, but looking at the white/reds and the obsidians today ... these are two shoes I NEED yesterday. Especially the white/red. How we are still waiting on a new release of those, I cannot fathom.

Man do I get pissed off every time I see a good pic of OG white/reds :lol:
They're all cool, and I got the OG Taxis on release day all those years ago, but looking at the white/reds and the obsidians today ... these are two shoes I NEED yesterday. Especially the white/red. How we are still waiting on a new release of those, I cannot fathom.
Black/Reds are my favorite because it's the first shoe (and major purchase) I bought on my own but...nothing will ever pop like the White/Red XII. That would be my easy choice as the best XII if not for personal reasons. Need them asap.

After seeing the Lebron 19, it leaves me wanting more from the 36. Even though the 19 have cues to the Lebron 9, it’s fresh enough to stand alone. Design language everywhere is asymmetric and bold. The 35 and 36, inspired by their asymmetrical counterparts, went completely safe w/ curved panels and arches. On the 33 and 34 they took chances, I admire that.

JB needs to get the Air Jordan back to the front of the pack.

I’m not all excited by aesthetics of the 19s. Also, yet another suspect looking tongue. Ugh. Why?!? Anyway, the tech sounds interesting, but I haven’t enjoyed playing in any of the recent Brons and I’m not anticipating that will be different with the 19s.

I’m way more intrigued with the 36s. They look interesting enough aesthetically - I get some can call that safe. However, the 36s look and sound like a nice performance evolution of the 34s and 35s. I like how those play and I don’t need radical changes from those shoes, so the 36s could be very good fit for me. Is this JB pushing the limits like in previous models? Not really, but I’m fine with that. JB did something similar with the 28-29-30s and I feel like this is a better implementation of a multi year evolution of shoes as opposed to radical changes year to year.

Sold my white/red 12's in a set for $900 a few years ago. Wish I would have kept them if I knew JB was playing around retroing these. Soles were separating and I didn't trust mailing them off to get fixed and paying so much when a retro was possibly around the corner.
20190606_211008.jpg
20190606_210816.jpg

Those nylon lace loops check out for me so atleast for now you can count me out on this one :smile: 34's also had those same kind of loops, and they we're really a pain in bum to play since they started to loosen after a while, and when you started to tighten them, you always had to keep your finger pressed on last set of laces so they wouldnt loosen up as you work your way up. I think Chris from WT also noted this in his initial review.

Those nylon lace loops check out for me so atleast for now you can count me out on this one :smile: 34's also had those same kind of loops, and they we're really a pain in bum to play since they started to loosen after a while, and when you started to tighten them, you always had to keep your finger pressed on last set of laces so they wouldnt loosen up as you work your way up. I think Chris from WT also noted this in his initial review.
I agree, I didn’t like the laces on the 34s AT ALL. I’m always watching that top lace loop looking like it’s gonna rip off.

Unfortunately these laces look very similar to those. My opinion so far is this shoe has potential to be better than the 34s with some good colorways.

Back
Top Bottom