Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

??? smh lol

Aye, guess ill hafta be the one to say it but uhhhhhh…

some of you, for SOME reason (🙄), think luka donic is due way more respek and privileges than he’s actually EARNED.

Hes hasn’t accomplished anything on court that would put him head and shoulders above any other player in his class to warrant all this special treatment you fanboys want so badly for him.

had to be said. Enough is enough. 🤷
Luka is great but he's gotta prove he's head and shoulders above everyone else, both on-court and marketability-wise, before he gets that nod from Jordan. The days of the singular athlete being enough of a marketing star and prominent talent to sell a new performance sneaker en masse are over, and brand strategy in performance footwear has had to adjust accordingly. Jordan Brand isn't marketing high end performance sneakers to collectors, because that's way more effort for less return than nostalgia based retros and collaborations.

For comparison, Giannis has a feel-good origin story, zero controversy, friendly personality, every accolade you could ask for from an NBA star, and his shoes still don't move the needle. Performance basketball isn't the star of the show anymore,. If you give luka a chip, two MVPs, all star appearances, and some DPOY nods, he's still not gonna generate crossover appeal for an elite Luka edition jordan flagship model. He might get some posts on niketalk tho.
It's like this, luka is good, however not flagship Jordan good. Outside of Jordan himself Westbrook and D. Wade are the ONLY 2 (mostly Westbrook) who are worthy. Everyone sweating luka (try to force the "great white hope/face of the nba") on this dude. Example Westbrook puts up and has been putting up crazy numbers and people ***** about it. As for luka or curry they put up half the numbers and are considered MVP status. Double standards and false narratives. Although Westbrook is my current favorite player (Lebron and Lillard) everything. I have said are pure facts!

wait a minute. Luka is good but hasn’t done enough to warrant his own signature release, but a guy like Zion who’s played less than half the games Luka has and has half the accolades has? Y’all really like moving the goal posts for certain athletes huh?

Looks like I touched off a powder keg here. For what it’s worth, I wasn’t suggesting that Luka merits flagship treatment right now - I didn’t, and am not, taking either side on that argument. I was simply using his name as an example.

The point I was trying to make is that JB’s sig shoes have always seemed compromised to me.

I never said he shouldn’t get a sig, I just don’t think him being put on a tier above the flagship makes sense. Don’t get sensitive.

sensitive? Lol. Was responding to what you and couple others have said. But what I said wasn’t addressed though. What makes Zion worthy of a sig? He hasn’t done half of what Luka has and has been put on a tier above flagship.

I never said he shouldn’t get a sig, I just don’t think him being put on a tier above the flagship makes sense. Don’t get sensitive.

luka, for the class of player he seems to be, is doin just fine for himself. He’s on jb and getting a good amount of personal PE’s as well as colorways to release to the public.

again, he’s done absolutely nothing to warrant the special treatment some of you want for him.

running off euro league accomplishments really only supports my argument. He’s in the NBA. He’s playin with the big boys. The euro league accomplishments do mean something but for the most part, those have never been a metric we use to gauge how good a player is IN THE NBA.

if he’s you guys favorite player, cool. But he’s right where he should be.

??? smh lol

Aye, guess ill hafta be the one to say it but uhhhhhh…

some of you, for SOME reason (🙄), think luka donic is due way more respek and privileges than he’s actually EARNED.

Hes hasn’t accomplished anything on court that would put him head and shoulders above any other player in his class to warrant all this special treatment you fanboys want so badly for him.

had to be said. Enough is enough. 🤷🏾‍♂️
maybe this guy accomplished so much than Luka. remember the hype that this kid was way better than Luka and Zion? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lamelo.jpg

luka, for the class of player he seems to be, is doin just fine for himself. He’s on jb and getting a good amount of personal PE’s as well as colorways to release to the public.

again, he’s done absolutely nothing to warrant the special treatment some of you want for him.

running off euro league accomplishments really only supports my argument. He’s in the NBA. He’s playin with the big boys. The euro league accomplishments do mean something but for the most part, those have never been a metric we use to gauge how good a player is IN THE NBA.

if he’s you guys favorite player, cool. But he’s right where he should be.

Neither has Zion.

maybe this guy accomplished so much than Luka. remember the hype that this kid was way better than Luka and Zion? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lamelo.jpg

its still early for gelo.

in another year or 2 he will legitimately be right there with luka in terms of productivity.

Pretty soon, he’ll be gettin bounced outta the playoffs in the first round just like ya boy. Lol

WAIT ON IT!!! *Takeoff voice*

LaMelo and Zion are popular, it makes sense to give them sigs to capitalize on their popularity.

I’m still unsure how Paul George got his own shoe?

1632846818754.gif

Kawhi’s a good player, but no one was looking for “Air Kawhi’s” when he was the JB.

Don't forget, before that broken leg, PG was a massive rising star. Pacers were killing it at that point and he was their breakout superstar. That injury changed everything for him.

Don't forget, before that broken leg, PG was a massive rising star. Pacers were killing it at that point and he was their breakout superstar. That injury changed everything for him.

You’re right, but he was in Indiana, and nobody was rocking PG jerseys or asking when’s PG gonna get a shoe?

Back
Top Bottom