AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by jordan11s

this pack was  flop

false, this pack sold out with the quickness here in the dmv. in fact, if u didn't camp or work at a store or know someone who worked at the store there was NO WAY u were getting em here. maybe they didn't sell out in A FEW arfeas, but overall this pack was a MAJOR success for jb.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I think it depends where you are.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

The 5 pack now that was a flop.

that is also wrong. at least here, the 5 pack also sold thru pretty well and it is still selling for over retail.

as for me, i paid $400 for the pack a few days after release. then of course i saw that i acted too fast and had i waited i'da had em for cheap. even still, i'm not getting rid of my pack. still haven't unDS'd yet. at the end of the day, these were 2 shoes i really wanted and i have to admit i was pretty appalled by the Vreds. all that said, yes i was overcharged, but there was no way of knowing the pack would be like this so all in all i'm just happy i have em and i didn't pay TOO much over retail. but this taught me patience in the shoe game, especially nowadays, is a virtue. word to bigj...
$400 is really not much over retail, when you factor in shipping, tax and you did not have to sweat this out at all, and if it would have been a little more limited you would have had to pay more so to me thats a win.  Are guy's talking about the 5 pack with the red 5's because I saw those on Ebay split for $129 and still passed since I only wanted the red but heard it bled pretty bad, I even passed on the pack from the outlets for $149 and a couple of net sellers had the pack for about $250 or less.

Pack was not a flop, some people still mad that they had the v.reds and the infrareds drop within months/days of each other. Classic colorways with surprisingly good quality in my opinion.

yeah thias pack was far from a flop, whoever says that is salty cause they have the junk V reds, or is just plain retarted. and thats the truff

yeah thias pack was far from a flop, whoever says that is salty cause they have the junk V reds, or is just plain retarted. and thats the truff

Why would you lock this thread? Its not causing any problems, and its about some good shoes. If you lock this then the entire first JB page is gonna be filled with horrible new Retros that the one colorblind person at JB has created.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i saw packs for retail at one of the chain stores this past Sunday In downtown Brooklyn

if your a reseller as I said before this pack was a flop

if both these shoes where not released solo then the pack would have been a great pack and reseller would have made alot more then they did

But jordan brand milks the customer and in the end the only people making money on this pack are nike and the retail outlets with accounts

not people with e bay accounts

I'm glad it flopped for resellers, they probably thought they were going to make Ashton Martin pack money.
smh.gif

It certainly didn't flop for JB though.

I figured I would be able to get the white pair like I did
pimp.gif
and I stopped one of my boys from paying $450
smh.gif
and he was able to save $100

Everyone who wanted this pack or a pair of the sneakers most likely got them, so this was a very successful release

%%!@ a reseller
I agree 
reseller wish this pack did not flop no one can tell me otherwise
Now as i said before if both these shoes where not released separate this would have been a classic pack and more money would be made after the release 

I did not want the pack since I already had the black/red 6's from January and I was happy with that.

I did want the white/red 6's and was not going to spend $310.00 for just one shoe when I already had Pretty much the black/red from January  and I dont need or buy doubles of shoes anymore

So for me this was great.

Since so many hard core collectors got there packs either at retail or above before release 

Everyone Reselling these packs on here and other sites aint make squat on reselling these packs

As I said Before the only people to make money on these packs was nike and the shops

There are packs at retail stores that either got a resetock or there not as limited as everyone thinks and there returns from resellers 

Or some parts of the country never sold out since both shoes where already released 

The pack was a success for Nike by showing no regard to the customer buy putting 2 shoes already released in a pack for $310.00 when both solo go for less these retail at major retail shoes 

It shows nike we will buy anything 

If your a reseller and your dying to move this pack a month after at less then what you paid or getting lucky and getting your money back from the shop you dont thing thats a flop

pretty much resellers on here tried to sell shoes to fellow members that if they wanted the pack already got it 

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

I paid 425 for my pack on the day of the release. FML

C'mon my man, you've got to learn to wait.

With todays releases, it's a waiting game...don't fall for the bait.

I finally got my pair for 350. I almost pulled the trigger at 400 shipped. Patience is key

To resellers it was def a flop. People are struggling to sell these. I got the white pair for 190 and I will get the black when they drop to like 100.

I was planning on reselling mine....but i'll just wait. ill either sell em or rock em...in three to four years these will be worth more than $400. that is if JB doesnt re-release em. they would too lol.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by jordan11s

this pack was  flop

false, this pack sold out with the quickness here in the dmv. in fact, if u didn't camp or work at a store or know someone who worked at the store there was NO WAY u were getting em here. maybe they didn't sell out in A FEW arfeas, but overall this pack was a MAJOR success for jb.
wink.gif

I think it depends where you are.

The 5 pack now that was a flop.

that is also wrong. at least here, the 5 pack also sold thru pretty well and it is still selling for over retail.

as for me, i paid $400 for the pack a few days after release. then of course i saw that i acted too fast and had i waited i'da had em for cheap. even still, i'm not getting rid of my pack. still haven't unDS'd yet. at the end of the day, these were 2 shoes i really wanted and i have to admit i was pretty appalled by the Vreds. all that said, yes i was overcharged, but there was no way of knowing the pack would be like this so all in all i'm just happy i have em and i didn't pay TOO much over retail. but this taught me patience in the shoe game, especially nowadays, is a virtue. word to bigj...
$400 is really not much over retail, when you factor in shipping, tax and you did not have to sweat this out at all, and if it would have been a little more limited you would have had to pay more so to me thats a win.  Are guy's talking about the 5 pack with the red 5's because I saw those on Ebay split for $129 and still passed since I only wanted the red but heard it bled pretty bad, I even passed on the pack from the outlets for $149 and a couple of net sellers had the pack for about $250 or less.
I even saw the 5 pack at a champ sports in woodfield mall, IL going for like $280 like TWO months ago. size 9 but yeah....they probably still have it.

The 7 pack is now selling at some spots for less than half so whoever wants that should snag it. I do think if these are not released again so soon they will go up in value in a few years maybe not like the original DNP but maybe like $400-$550

If you look at the trends NIKE and JB aren't holding on to popular models anymore. They don't seem to care about feeding hype with limited releases because we do that for them. It's a great time to be a personal collector or someone who just wants to wear their kicks. Not so much for people who buy up FSRs trying to make a bundle. I can't help but notice that most of the posters who comment about the value going up on this pack have packs for sale in their signatures. Maybe its time to stop thinking about shoes as an investment and just buy what you like.

Whats really scary is if you look at how JB is putting out retros these days compared to how it was back in the 90,s when they first started putting retros out it wouldnt be far fetched for JB to release the black/infrared 6 in the next 5-7 years with all durabuck on it like it should cause JB hasnt released an all black 6 retro this year with all around durabuck on them so what would stop them from milking us even more knowing people want a 6 in that material,look at how there releasing some retros over and over by just a few years apart its not like there waiting 10 years apart to release some of these same retros again and again,people on here acting like these are there first ever jordan 6s just wait until JB releases the black/infrared 6 the right way then ill believe yalls rant and overhyped opinions about them,the only 6s i liked this year were the white/infrared i seen them in person and there beautiful but JB got over on us with all the other 6 retros in my opinion.

A pair of infrared VI's made with durabuck material released somewhere down the line isn't far fetched at all. Nothing should surprise us anymore. This year so far should have taught us that.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Nothing should surprise us anymore.
Right on.

Not even Foamposite 6 Rings, let alone two incredibly similar colorways of one model within 6 months release of each other...

I wonder what's next?

resellers did flop, I bought one for a quick flip, didnt work out. and i cant see paying 310 for these when the varsity reds are 119.00 over at finishline with a 20 dollar off coupon, makiing them 100 bucks flat...

Originally Posted by jman219

resellers did flop, I bought one for a quick flip, didnt work out. and i cant see paying 310 for these when the varsity reds are 119.00 over at finishline with a 20 dollar off coupon, makiing them 100 bucks flat...
you must have been bad at your trade as i said in my previous post
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom