Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

ha, i'm more into crypto....the fba stuff i'm just more of an "investor" after my coworker has been killing it (90K + just for last halloween). he pretty much just breaks me off a percentage of what I put in....he's probably lowkey bamboozling me LOL. All i see is we in the green.
bruh elaborate on Halloween details please

Alibaba is hit or miss tho. Was swindled 7 or so years ago but same time got a couple of samples from other sellers. Matter of fact I'm wearing the sample shirt today lol don't remember who I was talkin' to unfortunately

bruh elaborate on Halloween details please

There are many legit wholesellers that have high quality stuff, just like anything (ie ebay)...go with the high feedback high rating sellers.

- look for kids costume ($$ is better)
- sexy costumes (believe it or not, u can get these skimpy costumes for $3...flip to around $20). These birds dont even care ...$20 is nothing for them to skeez out for 1day and they just throw away and buy new one next year

There are many legit wholesellers that have high quality stuff, just like anything (ie ebay)...go with the high feedback high rating sellers.

- look for kids costume ($$ is better)
- sexy costumes (believe it or not, u can get these skimpy costumes for $3...flip to around $20). These birds dont even care ...$20 is nothing for them to skeez out for 1day and they just throw away and buy new one next year
U are the man

I used to browse through alibaba lookin' for lil trinkets. Found a few things but never pulled the trigger.
Could still make a lil penny with some of those lil emoji pillows and other items

Always been skeptical about trying to order from Alibaba, but imagine all that $ that could have been made or can still be made off some 10 cent fidget spinners.

The only thing ive found is make-merch.com, and its very basic.

Cool to play around with, you can try it for free but cant save files without paying.

The best portable set up is an ipad with the software of your choice. Or a laptop.

Me personally, I got out of the first tier on my phone by going to upwork.com and finding me a designer and then paid him to bring my ideas to life. He would send me the png file and then I would upload them from this S8 (Ive heard of issues with older Androids) to Merch.

That said, my ideal set up is this desktop and eventual laptop so I can keep the biz fluid/portable.

How much did they charge you on upwork? This might be my play.

The bigger deal is getting setup with FBA. I believe you have to ship them x-amount of product, packaging, etc. and then they approve?

better to get on teelaunch or teespring on shopify. amz can take months to get approvals sent.

Patiently waiting to get approved. So many designs already in my head that I want to do. One design in particular can be altered to 50 different alterations to reach different potential customers. Def gonna go after the new mommy/grandma/aunt market. Nothing sells more than excitement of a new baby coming and the women surrounding it lol. Impulse buys left and right lol

How much did they charge you on upwork? This might be my play.

Its dope, really you can seek out designers at your own price point.

Two options.

1. You can write a basic proposal and post it, and then prospective clients reply. Proposal usually consists of just explaining what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay. Another dope idea is to narrow it down to like 3 designers and then give them all a design to create and choose the best one.

Or
2. You can browse thru filtered searches of "graphic designers" and message them directly with an individual proposal.

Sometimes have to work thru a couple to find a solid designer.

That said, I've paid between $4-$10 a design, depending on if its just text-based, graphic included or not, and the overall complexity. You can also pay people per hour but that could get murky unless you have a designer cranking out work consistently.

I have seen some people get them for as low as $2 a pop but thats usually in big bulk order purchases.

I'll keep using my designer but Im definitely going to incorporate some self-made designs now too.

Its crazy, this Merch thing has spawned a bunch of new businesses to market, particularly design services that do all of the work for you. You basically pay a monthly fee which gives you access to designs, that you still have to pay for and purchase.

Designcandy is one that comes to mind.

Folks figured out a bunch of gaps and filled them quickly. They're definitely just outsourcing on a major scale and buying hundreds of designs from foreign designers and then flipping them to folks for double/triple the price, its crazy.

I did just in case lol. I didn't provide a website but I have a legit LLC

Even better! Not required but could potentially separate you from everybody else who doesnt

One thing I feel like I havent spoken on is trademarks.

Some of yall are probably hip to it, but to be clear: you cant upload any trademark infringing designs.

Because its Amazon, they're not really f'n around and don't allow stuff that you can get away with on redbubble, etc.

Because of this, you will want to run ideas and phrases thru uspto.gov to make sure its not trademarked.

Ill touch on this later when im not on my phone, but the trademark would have to be active and for t-shirts/apparel, to not be able to use.

Few of the homies have come to me with ideas, but its usually like lets do album covers or some retro nintendo thing lol

Ideas have to not be trademarked.

Hopefully that doesn't rain on any of your ideas! :smile:

The main thing is - look at this as a way to make some nice bread with essentially zero risk and start up. Don't get too attached to any design, no matter how dope you think it would look - if its trademarked. If you really like an idea do it on redbubble. An infinite amount of ideas out there that are not trademarked.

Figured I should mention that now.

Matter of fact I'll post the TOS here later today too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom