AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

Chris Chicago, sorry for not being too specific. By an overly restrictive tongue, I mean a shoe that doesn't naturally flex with the foward movement of my foot. For example, the And 1 Edge, when fully laced, restricts a bit of foward movement and also chafes the top of my foot. The Reebok ATR Pump, with the ankle strap in place does the same. Just a small caveat I know, but really a bothersome thing. Some shoes that work great with not restricting that foward movemnt are the Reebok ATR Second Coming and the New Balance 902.
Specifically, it appears that the upper on the shoe is rubbing on my Superior Extensor Retinaculum. It might be the tendons underneath, i don't know, i'm not a podiatrist :nerd:
nerd.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

DatzNasty, look foward to your pictures. On occasion, black based models of certain shoes provide different traction than their white based bretheren. Wondering if this could be the case.

Peace

that's interesting. I've had kicks put pressure on my achilles, but never the front. well not yet anyway.

hear you on the edge chafing. that shoe felt a lot better with a thick sock (or 2).

Here you go. You can see how much they look like boots as well as how thin the upper is. I have probably worn them about 4-5x for a total of maybe 12 hrs. Even the midsole appears to be a gradient patent leather which is different. The parts on the back aren't black like they look in photos but are transparent.

a1f.jpg

a1f3.jpg

a1f2.jpg

They have 12 laceholes which is alot. These would make a great lowtop though. They'd just have to leave off the part where the lacing system splits and the last 2 laces go up.

The L2g or whatever is great, I never felt like I could feel the ground through the bottom of the shoe or anything. Ankle support obviously isn't much but I don't care about that. Traction is the only beef. In fact, I am done with them now for good. Traction is that bad. I'm not the type to attribute having good or bad games to irrelevant factors, but I just can't play in these. All my change of directions, jumpstops, even my what I like to think is great defense, even jump stops are affected because you don't quite stop. I unretired my Shox Certifieds for the 3rd time and it sucks because now these are kind of in no man's land. They're too beat up for me to take back to a casual wear and I don't care for their on court performance obviously so I guess I'll just keep them for plyometrics and treadmill type stuff.

I wonder if i should tell my boy Justin who I picked those new 14s up for. I tell him the traction stinks and he might not buy them from me

Datz, really appreciate the pictures. Really look like they can take a beating as compared to the Edge which creased heavily. From my understanding that fade treatment was made to look like car detailing.

Anyways how does the Low2ground cushioning feel? I know the Trinity Cushioning system, incorporated in the Mystique, is just extremely comfortable. I've heard the comfort of the Franchises being compared to the Flightposites.

I also have bought pairs of shoes that totally go against the grain of what everybody else is saying. The Nike Shox Lethal comes to find first. The upper seemed a bit off, and I bought them 1/2 size to big. Not to mention the Shox were incredibly rough on my feet. All I felt was arch pain the whole time while playing in them. This of course, goes against what other NT'ers were saying. Wondering if your incident is just an isolated experience?

wingman23, I'd appreciate if you'd hit us up with some information.

And ChrisChicago, I wear custom orthotics which could lead to my problem. With the extra inch of cushioning, my foot could be riding up higher on the shoe than say yours would. Just a thought, but over the last year, I've had the same experience with the: And 1 Edge, Reebok ATR Pump, and the Reebok Answer 1 10th Anniversary Retro

Peace.

Quote:
Wondering if your incident is just an isolated experience?
maybe. I remember how everyone thought the 2K5s were just the greatest thing since sliced bread and I got them and really didn't like them. Loved the Lethals though, if you bought them a 1/2 size big they must have felt 1 1/2 or atleast a whole size big because they fit big already.

The L2G is great I guess, I mean I never noticed it so that's a good thing.

Maybe someone else who has these can come in and talk about what they thought about their traction

thanks for the pics. those are pretty nice looking, I guess your best bet is to just use them for outdoor ball b/c most everything grips concrete.

I really don't know how shoes can come out with poor traction. I wonder if it is just a mistake that happens with a random pair here and there, b/c otherwise it doesnt make sense. then again, I had a pretty bad slipping experience with the silky smooth... and I mean shockingly bad, my feet slipped out from under me and I like I was on ice and I landed on the court. wasnt even making a sharp cut.

like C&C Music Factory wrote: "Things that make you go, hmm"

^^ must of been embarrassing when u slipped. i was planning to get the franchise just to test out the l2g but if the traction is bad then i wont get it.

Quote:
I had a pretty bad slipping experience with the silky smooth... and I mean shockingly bad, my feet slipped out from under me and I like I was on ice and I landed on the court. wasnt even making a sharp cut.
ed on the damn Silky Smooth's. They were one of the first shoes to employ the flared outward sole to prevent ankle turns but it was a new idea so there was some problems like the fact that in theory if you rolled less than 45 degrees (half way) you'd roll back to straight but if you rolled more, it'd make your ankle roll worse. Anyways, that happened to me numerous times in that shoe. Minor rolls or even just cutting/slashing moves turned into severe sprains and we were doing defensive slides in practice for a summer league and my entire outsole literally came off.

Quote:
^^ must of been embarrassing when u slipped.

nah, it was a casual half court game. people were more like "w.t.f just happened, you ok?" I switched to my reg shoes and everything was cool .

too bad though, I liked the look of the silky smooth and picked them up for like $40. they got returned the next day.

My local Champs has the Black/Red Franchises. So check out Champs because with the 40% off this weekend they are less than $50.

Can anyone help with getting me a JWILL pair in a sz 13 or 14 please hit me in the inbox
Pain is weakness leaving the body - unless it's your acl tearing then the pain just stays and so does that crunchy sound!!!!!

I almost picked these up at Champs today. They had a black nubuck with patent bottom all black colorway, but they ft way small and didn't have a 14. They also had white with navy

d119mb_l.jpg

Datz, was able to look those over at a local Mom and Pop store about a month ago...I liked the leather/patent look just as much as the suedish-patent look of the Edges. Not a huge fan of shoes with ankle straps. Plus, I was looking for a shoe with outdoor capability, and I'm really not sure how the bonding will hold up over time.

And to those who have the Franchises at your local Champs: >:
mad.gif
I know most of you guys don't feel me on this, but living in Wisconsin, getting variety into my shoe life can be quite tough. The eastside champs if just incredibly messy and all the westside seemingly has is the damn patent Fila F-13's :rolleyes
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
. Anyways, I typically rely on eastbay or zappos, to cater to my love for rocking slept on kicks. Even with the possible problem with traction, I'd still love to rock these casually.

Really looking foward to the And 1 Vapor Mid from a few pages back as well....

By the way, does anyone know if And 1 has outlet stores?

Peace.

Man F13's, Reebok Classic's, and the other perennial 2 for 89$ shoes dominate my Champs too. And 1 Straight Line lows (these are kids) look alot like the Edge low with a normal non paper thin upper.
4974-335618-p.jpg

Datz, you've brought back some memories.

To answer your original question, the site is probably in Japanese, but unless you have a language pack downloaded onto your computer, it'll just look like squares and random numbers.

Anyways, I can't tell you how often I wished in the past that I lived in Japan. >:
mad.gif

Sigh...(continues to patiently wait for zappos or finishline.com to recieve them.)

As far as memories go, I revisited Rakuen.co.jp (which is like a Japanese online marketplace that I discovered a few years back) tonight and almost shed a tear when I remembered it was almost impossible for me to get any of these kicks. I used to visit Rakuen on the daily :lol:
laugh.gif

what the hell are those? I feel like I have seen the Bluechip before. I need the Mystique's too. I'm tired of hearing so many good things about them. FNL has them for 29.99 but as you'd expect, no big sizes

i have mizuno volleyball shoes and those are high-quality and i was thinking what if they made b-ball shoes? Are those for sale anywhere?

EDIT
I need these in my life
13kl_60003.gif

13kl51009.jpg
sp_02.jpg

Hey now...save that for the 28 pg. Mizuno thread... :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.:: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE - AND MY IMAGINATION IS AMAZING ::.

^Like two weeks ago they had a bunch of samples on ebay. No 13 though, but otherwise they would've been copped. Love the rust color on Monta's pair.

Nick, by the way, what were your experiences with traction on the Franchise.

The one pair I found, which is a size 7

laugh.gif

^ Yeah...the traction was a major concern for me as well.
.:: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE - AND MY IMAGINATION IS AMAZING ::.

Back
Top Bottom