AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

^^^ haha yeah thats it... thanks.. havent seen those in forever

EDIT: its crazy that i just saw someone wearing them today at work... haha i should have asked for a million dollars instead...

Just want to share this one to ya'all, just copped this last weekend - new release of and1 here in the Philippines... My new ballin' shoes... AND1Courtyard Low... I hope this will be good outdoors...

40825dfe37396f8c953a3f9aaa5425fa218eb45.jpg

Doesn't look like it would be good att all...Looks like a casual shoe...Is there even laces?..

157ya68.jpg

Bullet Pass Mid

Anyone know when the Bullet Pass Mid was released? It's selling for $90 at the And1 site and I guess it's their newest shoe, and I'm still not surewhat shoes the And1 guys are wearing this summer as their shoe advertising has sucked, in SLAM they have only printed the "And1 Basketball Company"ad and that's it.

Isn't it also time for And1 to release a Skip Mid 3? Rafer deserves it, he's solidified himself as a solid starting point guard now. He's beenwearing the Skip Mid 2 since the 04-05 NBA season

Skip Mid

2njhbf5.jpg
2r6icyw.jpg

Skip 2 Mid

25us1gw.jpg
2r712x5.jpg
2m4vash.jpg
aeo19w.jpg

I'm gonna email Paul and find out what the rule is on me posting pics of these And 1s I got on now since they don't come out for another yr. I know Ican't post weartest shoes, but these are some casuals he sent me to keep. They kind of have a skateboarding look to them, similar to the Adidas GilLightswitch's but with an And 1 air bubble and less of a bball look, the upper is a different kind of thin leather that's actually thin and airy, wouldbe great for a real ball shoe IMo.

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Just want to share this one to ya'all, just copped this last weekend - new release of and1 here in the Philippines... My new ballin' shoes... AND1 Courtyard Low... I hope this will be good outdoors...

Look comfy, but doesn't look like a ballable shoe to me. Nice house slippers...

D.-Those do seem to borrow from the TS Lightswitch Gil quite a bit--doesn't make a difference to me however, as I loved the generallysleek silhouette of Arenas' second shoe. I think it translates particularly well with your pair.

Here's a first look at the ME8, Monta Ellis' first foray into the world of signature sneakers. I think theshoe is slated for a Spring '09 release, with Monta wearing the buttery Mosaic Mid for much of the first half of the season. Keep in mind however thatthese are samples, and are still under development. Slight alterations in componentry may occur.

And what do you fellas think of the brand's new logo? I'm not feeling it personally--why depart from the "Player", a silhouette that issynonymous with AND1 much like the Mixtape Tour is...?

Looks like a newbalance basketball shoe with the big single letter, except with one of the most disgustingly amazing soles i have seen since the onslaught.

line flow is reminiscent of the bb2. looks like they fit well.

Originally Posted by Code6

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Just want to share this one to ya'all, just copped this last weekend - new release of and1 here in the Philippines... My new ballin' shoes... AND1 Courtyard Low... I hope this will be good outdoors...

Look comfy, but doesn't look like a ballable shoe to me. Nice house slippers...
those look like trunners...
I am impressed with these new and1's

Ya I don't like the new logo at all...and not impressed with the shoe either..I just read about it today in kicks too, and expected a lot more detail andsuch from what he said..

i thought when i bought the and1 courtyard, it reminds me and it looks like the Nike Jetflight of Steve Nash and Luke Ridnour...

Are these considered to be one of AND1's all time top tier performing shoes? (KG Select Low, KG II, Spree Mid)
What else today compares to these in the AND1 market

Hi guys, I'm new here. In fact, this is my first post (so be gentle, okay..hahaha).
laugh.gif

I've favored And1 heavily over other brands for the past 8 or so odd years that I've been balling and would like to ask some of your opinions regardinga couple of models.

Just recently, my mom (who's in the US now), sent me a pair of Air Uptempo Challenge (please see wallpaper that I made below, I'm the one on the leftside, rocking the Parker jersey. My officemate had the exact same pair too.). Used it a couple of times on the hardwood, never used it on concrete. Niceshoes, but it just didn't give me that And1 baller feel.

Now, I saw this guy selling his And1 School U Mids for a fraction of the SRP, and frankly, he claims that it's only been used 4-6 times.
e968_1.JPG

So here's my question..should I offer him a trade for an Uptempo Challenge for his School U Mids (they do seem like they share the same sole with the Edge,of which I have right now) ?
Is the School U Mids a good pair? If it ain't, then I'm better off using my Uptempo Challenge (but all of my pairs right now are And1 - Taichi Midfresh from Japan, Edge Lows in white/white, Remix, and the Triangle Mid).

Please help me out. Appreciate your thougts.
wink.gif
Thank you in advance.

P.S.
Ballin' in the P.I. (playing semi-pro/amateur level hoops for a telecoms company)

man, seeing those pics up there, i regret selling my kg and 1 shoes like that, i hope they retro those or something

JD thanks for the info and pics on Monta's new shoe.
Cant really say that I like the new logo, but im impressed with the shoe itself.

hey gsk1lls if it were up 2 me, since iam a tech minded guy, id hold-out on trading, since the uptempo challege's cushioning ste up is phylon and zoom,which i think out performs and out lasts the cushioning in the school-u's which to my knowlednge is just cmeva, and i think the uptmpos look much better.

Not feeling that new logo ... at all.

d722mw000.jpg
d759mww00.jpg

taichi-mid_wroy00.jpg

Why these havent been retroed worldwide is beyond me ...

I really want a pair of Chosen 1's to ball in.

Im about to get a pair of Black/Green Edges to use outdoors.

I destroyed a pair of black hyperflights in a matter of 2 weeks.

And1s really falling off ...

Anyone know about the popularity of And1 in foreign Asian countries like Japan and South Korea where the shoes culture/fashion is big? I've traveled toS.K. and have found the And1 shoes are in demand over there but i never saw any stores, and at my college i found that alot of foreign students from Japan likeAnd1 shoes. I know Jordans are popular but what about And1's?

And 1 could use some revitalization...signing Derrick Rose and giving him a [edit: GOOD] sig would've been cool.

Why these havent been retroed worldwide is beyond me ...

I really want a pair of Chosen 1's to ball in.
The Tai Chi's have been reissued on numerous occasions, the latest U.S. release being '05-'06. And as great as the shoe was, and asmuch as Carter did in it on that fateful Dunk Contest night in 2000, it was a shame to see the shoe sit on shelves for months untouched. The brandretroed the Rise Mid in '07, which, presumably, was pretty strategical. Who remembers when 1 out of 5 guys had these? I remember playing at a hoops camp in'04 and they were everywhere. The SVSM colorway was sick.

And1s really falling off ...

Everything is cyclical my man. Technical hoops stuff just isn't a profitable. And anytime a careless third party buys you out and your subsidiary ismismanaged, mishandled, and generally disregarded, (ex: AND1) substandard product and distribution are bound to ensue. Good people involved with the companydecided to leave, were booted out, and are now making it happen in other places. But let's hope the brand stays relevant and can make a strong returnsometime down the line.

Back
Top Bottom