AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

Originally Posted by JDRone

Why these havent been retroed worldwide is beyond me ...

I really want a pair of Chosen 1's to ball in.
The Tai Chi's have been reissued on numerous occasions, the latest U.S. release being '05-'06. And as great as the shoe was, and as much as Carter did in it on that fateful Dunk Contest night in 2000, it was a shame to see the shoe sit on shelves for months untouched. The brand retroed the Rise Mid in '07, which, presumably, was pretty strategical. Who remembers when 1 out of 5 guys had these? I remember playing at a hoops camp in '04 and they were everywhere. The SVSM colorway was sick.

And1s really falling off ...

Everything is cyclical my man. Technical hoops stuff just isn't a profitable. And anytime a careless third party buys you out and your subsidiary is mismanaged, mishandled, and generally disregarded, (ex: AND1) substandard product and distribution are bound to ensue. Good people involved with the company decided to leave, were booted out, and are now making it happen in other places. But let's hope the brand stays relevant and can make a strong return sometime down the line.

Really , Speak On It.......

Taichi's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just copped a new pair..

Kinda rare in the Philippines nowadays.
happy.gif

theroach27
Sorry dawg but I gave in. Went thru with the trade and wound up having no regrets at all. Those School U Mids are damn light and works best indoors. Matchesour alternate jersey colorway too. Thanks for the inputs bro.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gsk1lls

Taichi's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just copped a new pair..

Kinda rare in the Philippines nowadays.
happy.gif

theroach27
Sorry dawg but I gave in. Went thru with the trade and wound up having no regrets at all. Those School U Mids are damn light and works best indoors. Matches our alternate jersey colorway too. Thanks for the inputs bro.
smile.gif
Hey, is there any way you can get me in touch with who made those jerseys? Apparently, EVERYBODY in the Phillipines and Singapore does good customjersey work but no1 has a website or anything. I want to get us some for our And 1Mixtape Streetball Celebrity tour, for the good guys, and for the opposingteams.

I'll probably end up just copping cheap Eastbay reversibles, doesn't matter really, I've seen Springs dunk from the FT line in jeans and a hoody.

Oh yea, and my dude at And1 is supposed to be sending me some those Monta weartest samples. I don't know how close it's going to be to those pictures,but I can't wait, and hope it's a sexy colorway

DatZNasty
Be glad to help you out homie. Contact Gilbert of [email protected]. Here are some samples of his work. Excellent workmanship, guaranteed.
smile.gif

Both jerseys are customized, even the Tony Parker one.
smile.gif

Need And1 headbands, those dual-color ones with the lines.
smile.gif
Anybody here who has a sighting in their area, do help out a dude. Please.
smile.gif
Pretty please.
smile.gif

Here's another version of Monta's signature ride, the ME8 Mid. From what I understand, the brand is trying to coordinate a release that'srelative to the guard's return. AND1.com advertises a late January drop, but I've heard anything from late Spring to early Summer.

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

Originally Posted by Code6

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Just want to share this one to ya'all, just copped this last weekend - new release of and1 here in the Philippines... My new ballin' shoes... AND1 Courtyard Low... I hope this will be good outdoors...

40825dfe37396f8c953a3f9aaa5425fa218eb45.jpg

Look comfy, but doesn't look like a ballable shoe to me. Nice house slippers...
those look like trunners...
I am impressed with these new and1's
They do look alot like trunners.... only better!!
pimp.gif

i like.

Originally Posted by JDRone

Here's another version of Monta's signature ride, the ME8 Mid. From what I understand, the brand is trying to coordinate a release that's relative to the guard's return. AND1.com advertises a late January drop, but I've heard anything from late Spring to early Summer.
I will have these in my hand on Saturday. I can't wait!

Here's pics of my weartest samples. He sent us an extra pair of different firmness midsoles too.

dzupub.jpg

33mrfjm.jpg

2w20nbm.jpg

They are nice in person, but the traction SUCKS. It sucks so bad I made dude a video of myself trying to get traction in them versus in Huaraches because heseems to not believe me.

He's going to send me some black based GS Warriors colorway (probably be orange patent leather with yellow stitching) I can't wait for though,especially if I can convince them to fix the outsole.

So does And1 not even have a high-end performance shoe anymore? I hope those Monta's are not it. I feel like the brand fell off the face of the earth afterVC made the jump to Nike
ohwell.gif

enough evidence for my opinion there..haha. but as a brand, do they still make what we would consider a top-tier shoe? I know that at work, if we even get anAnd1 product they are priced extremely low, and make down to around 20-25 dollars within a week

Datz, how bout a video of you doing some jump stops with those me8's. Footage of you falling on your butt might be necessary for them to get their tractiongame correct...lol.

seriously, how hard is it to get good traction? seems like sneaker design 101.

Never mind on the traction warning, seems like only my pair was bad. But yea, I'm so damn fast and got so many stop and go, change of direction and pace,jump stop type moves that wearing bad traction shoes is just not possible.

I actually didn't have any other problem with them. They actually seem quite durable as there's no creasage whatsoever or scuffs after a few wears.

good to hear.
and1 had great traction on that edge shoe from a couple years ago, so there's no reason why they'd should regress. though this is the same company thatput out the silky smooth.

Yea there's just no excuse to put out a shoe with bad traction ever, stick with what works, herringbone.

ME8 look nice and simple.
hopefully they perform pretty well...
might have to get back to AND1 shoes hah.
well atleast these... man think about hte possibilities on colorways!

Performance sucks and I can't see Monta wearing these successfully, but here's the Warriors colorway. In a nutshell, And1's decision to become lessof a "true baller" brand (remember the initial semi slogan about how if you don't know what And 1 means, they don't want you in their stuff)and try to become more mainstream has failed miserably and alienated their initial audience with cheaper less inspired products and still aren't reachingthe mainstream like they expected.

me8.jpg

me82.jpg

me83.jpg

me84.jpg

Ballplayers are the product/victims/consumers of a largely psychographic market. Seasoned runners crave consistency--and as I'd imagine, nothing is morecomforting than something familiar and accommodating at mile twelve--ballplayers yearn for constant innovation, or as Kobe Bryant announced this past summer atthe HD campus launch, "It's all about losing seconds."

Diehard hoopers are always looking for the latest and greatest cushioning innovation, upper material, or interlock strap system to propel their game to thetop. And curiously enough, most complain when design reinvention doesn't occur. (Ex: adidas Pro Model, Pro Model 2G, TS Pro Model, etc.) There's a lotof pressure on design teams to come up with something completely sick, which certainly could explain AND1's experimentation with the outsole. I'd liketo give the shoe a pass because it's still being tested pre-release, but the brand managed to release the Franchise Mid...

The black/black/California Gold ME8 looks dope in person; really fellas, the neon Pebax contrasts beautifully with the patent rand! I get compliments wheneversomeone see me in them. As for the outsole, traction wasn't awful provided you swiped the outsole with some regularity. The heel was supposedlyaugmented by an L2G Gel block and a dual-density sockliner, but I felt nothing. Forefoot cushioning was non-existent. You're right D, it'll behard for Monta to play in these.

Back
Top Bottom