"Dey Rapin Errbody Ova Here"
-Antoine Dodson
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

That's what happened.  On a job interview, a guy decided to discuss things like the lateness policy and say things like "you can't always come to work late".  This was for a credit analyst position at a bank.

It was the only time I had something like that happen to me on an interview but it happens.  It also makes you wonder how many think those things but don't go as far as to let it come out of their mouth. 
You attribute that to race?

That's what happened.  On a job interview, a guy decided to discuss things like the lateness policy and say things like "you can't always come to work late".  This was for a credit analyst position at a bank.

It was the only time I had something like that happen to me on an interview but it happens.  It also makes you wonder how many think those things but don't go as far as to let it come out of their mouth. 
You attribute that to race?

indifferent.gif
 at what this post turned into.

I'm not even giving my 2 cents on this whole argument, but just gonna say they're should definitely not be 7 pages of a serious argument based on this dude right here. 
laugh.gif

antoine_dodson.large.jpg

Get over it. 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 at what this post turned into.

I'm not even giving my 2 cents on this whole argument, but just gonna say they're should definitely not be 7 pages of a serious argument based on this dude right here. 
laugh.gif

antoine_dodson.large.jpg

Get over it. 
laugh.gif

Being late is synonymous with being black? I didn't even know that prejudice even existed.

I learn something new every day.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

I'll never understand why Black people care how we are represented...Asians,Latinos, and Whites damn share don't care how we view them?
When you are interviewed for a job and the interviewer asks you derogatory questions and insinuates negative stereotypes, then you might understand. 
Explain what happened. Why did you respond to him like that

roll.gif
get outta here you cant be serious

Being late is synonymous with being black? I didn't even know that prejudice even existed.

I'll never understand why Black people care how we are represented...Asians,Latinos, and Whites damn share don't care how we view them?
When you are interviewed for a job and the interviewer asks you derogatory questions and insinuates negative stereotypes, then you might understand. 

roll.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

How is that even a racially charged comment?

How is that even a racially charged comment?

roll.gif

That's why I don't discuss personal experiences with white folks.  My post specifically directed to DC.  Carry on.

roll.gif

That's why I don't discuss personal experiences with white folks.  My post specifically directed to DC.  Carry on.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Where do some of y'all live? I swear I grew up in a different country than some of you...

Colored People's Time, CP Time, or CPT, is an American expression referring to a stereotype of African Americans as frequently being late.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Where do some of y'all live? I swear I grew up in a different country than some of you...

Colored People's Time, CP Time, or CPT, is an American expression referring to a stereotype of African Americans as frequently being late.

roll.gif

who's white? Not me, not diego, not DC.

roll.gif

And before anyone says, "Stop crying" I just want my people represented in a better light. Just sick of these shows and newscasts that go out of their way to find the WORST representatives of the black community. The same way Italian Americans feel about Jersey Shore's cast members, that is how many of us feel about our music and how we are represented on TV. It isn't fair man, but what can we do when we aren't the "Majority" player in America.

People have to stop watching the stuff but they don't and they won't. Praise ignorance, act ignorant, watch ignorance. Big cycle. It will never get better.
As Chris Rock said: Black ppl didn't earn respect, white ppl just got less crazy. You're asking for respect that was never there to begin with. Also Russell Peters: The media doesn't show you the normal ppl like you and me because that's BORING.

And before anyone says, "Stop crying" I just want my people represented in a better light. Just sick of these shows and newscasts that go out of their way to find the WORST representatives of the black community. The same way Italian Americans feel about Jersey Shore's cast members, that is how many of us feel about our music and how we are represented on TV. It isn't fair man, but what can we do when we aren't the "Majority" player in America.

People have to stop watching the stuff but they don't and they won't. Praise ignorance, act ignorant, watch ignorance. Big cycle. It will never get better.
As Chris Rock said: Black ppl didn't earn respect, white ppl just got less crazy. You're asking for respect that was never there to begin with. Also Russell Peters: The media doesn't show you the normal ppl like you and me because that's BORING.

roll.gif

That wasn't to slight anybody.  I'm just saying I don't discuss personal experiences with people that can't understand it.     Some people understand and others don't. 

roll.gif

That wasn't to slight anybody.  I'm just saying I don't discuss personal experiences with people that can't understand it.     Some people understand and others don't. 

The dude decides to share his personal experience with y'all after you asked him, and you ridicule him?

Come on, now.

Yes, African-Americans carry the stereotype of being late to meetings/work/etc.

The dude decides to share his personal experience with y'all after you asked him, and you ridicule him?

Come on, now.

Yes, African-Americans carry the stereotype of being late to meetings/work/etc.

You dudes are way too sensitive.
Nobody has ridiculed him
Im aware of the whole lateness stereotype but I dont see how that question had anything to do with race.

Every employer has the right to ask a potential employee about lateness. Nothin personal just business.
Did you get the job?

Back
Top Bottom