Antoine Dodson won.

You dudes are way too sensitive.
Nobody has ridiculed him
Im aware of the whole lateness stereotype but I dont see how that question had anything to do with race.

Every employer has the right to ask a potential employee about lateness. Nothin personal just business.
Did you get the job?

But a job stating that tardiness is not accepted has nothing to do with that stereotype. It's common sense - show up to work on time whether you're black white purple pink or tie dye. I wish a white person would come in here and confirm that they, too, have to follow this general rule.

But a job stating that tardiness is not accepted has nothing to do with that stereotype. It's common sense - show up to work on time whether you're black white purple pink or tie dye. I wish a white person would come in here and confirm that they, too, have to follow this general rule.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

The dude decides to share his personal experience with y'all after you asked him, and you ridicule him?

Come on, now.

Yes, African-Americans carry the stereotype of being late to meetings/work/etc.
Exactly. Typical of people here though
eyes.gif
. They call it Colored People Time for a reason or has NT never heard of that?

There are plenty of negative stereotypes associated with blacks. I had a teacher in high school ask me if I had both parents because I spoke so well and was well mannered.

As Chris Rock said: Black ppl didn't earn respect, white ppl just got less crazy. You're asking for respect that was never there to begin with.
Truth
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NjCollector

The dude decides to share his personal experience with y'all after you asked him, and you ridicule him?

Come on, now.

Yes, African-Americans carry the stereotype of being late to meetings/work/etc.
Exactly. Typical of people here though
eyes.gif
. They call it Colored People Time for a reason or has NT never heard of that?

There are plenty of negative stereotypes associated with blacks. I had a teacher in high school ask me if I had both parents because I spoke so well and was well mannered.

As Chris Rock said: Black ppl didn't earn respect, white ppl just got less crazy. You're asking for respect that was never there to begin with.
Truth
pimp.gif

There are plenty of negative stereotypes relating to every damned race.
You just choose to focus on 1.

There are plenty of negative stereotypes relating to every damned race.
You just choose to focus on 1.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

I just want you to read that a couple of times and think about what you just said.  

I hope this was a joke.

If it's common sense, why would it be asked?...Exactly, it shouldn't be as it's a "general rule".

Now, i'll just wait till diego comes here all cap' save a _.

I just want you to read that a couple of times and think about what you just said.  

I hope this was a joke.

If it's common sense, why would it be asked?...Exactly, it shouldn't be as it's a "general rule".

Now, i'll just wait till diego comes here all cap' save a _.

ok let me break it down for you.

You have to be told the rules of a job although, yes - it's common sense.
If you're required to abide by the rules, you have to know the rules so there's no grey area.
Example: When I worked in retail, I had to sign a paper saying i was given the rule book - in the rule book was COMMON SENSE STUFF (follow dress code, show up to work on time, dont steal, etc).

Let me guess, they typed up that rule book and that piece of paper i signed specifically for when they hired someone of color? GET OUTTA HERE W/ THAT BS. you dudes CLEARLY have a chip on your shoulder and its pathetic.

like i said earlier, the ppl who are self conscious and always think someone is laughing at them will contort every incident to fit their beliefs.
example: people laugh at antoine dodson because hes funny. insecure people who think someone is always laughing at them turn it into "oh theyre not laughing at him because he's funny, they're laughing because he's black, this is a bad representation of our people, bla bla bla"

ok let me break it down for you.

You have to be told the rules of a job although, yes - it's common sense.
If you're required to abide by the rules, you have to know the rules so there's no grey area.
Example: When I worked in retail, I had to sign a paper saying i was given the rule book - in the rule book was COMMON SENSE STUFF (follow dress code, show up to work on time, dont steal, etc).

Let me guess, they typed up that rule book and that piece of paper i signed specifically for when they hired someone of color? GET OUTTA HERE W/ THAT BS. you dudes CLEARLY have a chip on your shoulder and its pathetic.

like i said earlier, the ppl who are self conscious and always think someone is laughing at them will contort every incident to fit their beliefs.
example: people laugh at antoine dodson because hes funny. insecure people who think someone is always laughing at them turn it into "oh theyre not laughing at him because he's funny, they're laughing because he's black, this is a bad representation of our people, bla bla bla"

I was asked a question about tardiness when I applied for a teller position a few years back. That $!$%% was racist.
smh.gif

I was asked a question about tardiness when I applied for a teller position a few years back. That $!$%% was racist.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by General Johnson

I'm convinced some people on here like to play dumb just to get an argument popping off.
Pretty much.  Next time I'll put it in a PM instead.

Now they wanna compare their BS retail jobs that require rule books
sick.gif
 to a management level position. 

Originally Posted by General Johnson

I'm convinced some people on here like to play dumb just to get an argument popping off.
Pretty much.  Next time I'll put it in a PM instead.

Now they wanna compare their BS retail jobs that require rule books
sick.gif
 to a management level position. 

Back
Top Bottom