Anyone dated a sorority girl before?

theyre no different than any other chick trust Me. like stated before you dont have to go to all those events/forums/community service events with her especially if you aint the social type. just let her do her and u do you and hit her up when she free.

theyre no different than any other chick trust Me. like stated before you dont have to go to all those events/forums/community service events with her especially if you aint the social type. just let her do her and u do you and hit her up when she free.

yes, and not all of them act differently or are shmuts. she had a leadership role in her sorority and was heavily involved in events and stuff, but it didnt really affect much for us.

btw OP, dont sleep on those mixers and formals... hers were always open bar and people get SHWAASTED at those things. i would always end up either 1) flirting with other girls and her friends would come up and start b*tching at me, or 2) hooking up with her hardcore, and after like 20min we'd take a cab back to the dorms.

good times.
laugh.gif

yes, and not all of them act differently or are shmuts. she had a leadership role in her sorority and was heavily involved in events and stuff, but it didnt really affect much for us.

btw OP, dont sleep on those mixers and formals... hers were always open bar and people get SHWAASTED at those things. i would always end up either 1) flirting with other girls and her friends would come up and start b*tching at me, or 2) hooking up with her hardcore, and after like 20min we'd take a cab back to the dorms.

good times.
laugh.gif

I'm a member of a fraternity at Ohio State and have been involved with girls in a few of the "top-tier" sororities on campus including Delta Gamma, Kapp Delta, and Theta....here's some advice:
-You are asking a lot if you want a sorority girl to settle down for a relationship during her undergrad. Girls in their junior-senior years are starting to focus more on the rest of their life outside of college/greek community instead of the freshmen and sophomores who are busy making their rounds to different fraternities and even remaining star-struck at the sight of a football player.
-If a girl has class like a true sorority girl should, then you should be good to go. This is more common among southern schools (SEC especially) where girls are on that southern belle tip.
-Date parties, formals, TG's (team gatherings) have been the most fun I've had in college. Looking fresh while eating good and drinking for free, especially while being in college, are the ingredients for a hell of a good time.
-On that note, it disgusts me to see how some of these girls act with a little alcohol in their system. Sure that applies to any girl in general, but to think that their parents are paying money for them to act like animals in public is a bad image. Stay away if that be the case.
-Just be you. I buckled down and set myself up to be a viable applicant to medical school, while many other "frat stars" are scowering for jobs in their cake majors. She'll take notice.

I'm a member of a fraternity at Ohio State and have been involved with girls in a few of the "top-tier" sororities on campus including Delta Gamma, Kapp Delta, and Theta....here's some advice:
-You are asking a lot if you want a sorority girl to settle down for a relationship during her undergrad. Girls in their junior-senior years are starting to focus more on the rest of their life outside of college/greek community instead of the freshmen and sophomores who are busy making their rounds to different fraternities and even remaining star-struck at the sight of a football player.
-If a girl has class like a true sorority girl should, then you should be good to go. This is more common among southern schools (SEC especially) where girls are on that southern belle tip.
-Date parties, formals, TG's (team gatherings) have been the most fun I've had in college. Looking fresh while eating good and drinking for free, especially while being in college, are the ingredients for a hell of a good time.
-On that note, it disgusts me to see how some of these girls act with a little alcohol in their system. Sure that applies to any girl in general, but to think that their parents are paying money for them to act like animals in public is a bad image. Stay away if that be the case.
-Just be you. I buckled down and set myself up to be a viable applicant to medical school, while many other "frat stars" are scowering for jobs in their cake majors. She'll take notice.

Originally Posted by Furrell

-Be prepared to be alone/not spend as much time more than you'd like. Her obligations and responsibilities to her sorority are very time consuming.
-With you being a non-Greek, expect a lot of Greeks who wanted to hit trying to get at you for being with her.

Its going to be tough but if you can put up with the extras in the relationship, it could be worth it in the end.
Both of these seriously.
When she goes to closed parties, there will be a ton of guys whispering in her ear asking her why she's dating a GDI.
It really depends on the girl though.

Originally Posted by Furrell

-Be prepared to be alone/not spend as much time more than you'd like. Her obligations and responsibilities to her sorority are very time consuming.
-With you being a non-Greek, expect a lot of Greeks who wanted to hit trying to get at you for being with her.

Its going to be tough but if you can put up with the extras in the relationship, it could be worth it in the end.
Both of these seriously.
When she goes to closed parties, there will be a ton of guys whispering in her ear asking her why she's dating a GDI.
It really depends on the girl though.

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

Originally Posted by kickstart

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
Have to disagree with you. I wasn't greek my entire life
laugh.gif
. I'm 24, I made 21 while i was on line. It's not like i wasn't old enough to peep out how females in sororities are with a nongreek eye.. I've experienced dating a Greek before and after.. same rules apply. It just depends on who the girl is. Either she lets the organization take over her life, or she exemplifies the organization through her natural lifestyle. Think about it dude
grin.gif

Exactly. I saw girls who completely changed their character (mostly not for the better either) once they joined a sorority, and all that would come out of their mouth is greek stuff, and when they had to say something 
that didn't involve greek life, all you'd hear is "...............". And then you (luckily) have the ones who are pretty nonchalant about being in a sorority. They don't let it consume them like a parasite. I was a non-greek by
the way, did track and cross country the entire time I was there, so besides not seeing my girl much here and there, nothing really changed. I went to a few parties and events with her, but I new some of her sorority sisters and alumni of her sorority way before she even met them, so everything was all good.

Originally Posted by kickstart

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
Have to disagree with you. I wasn't greek my entire life
laugh.gif
. I'm 24, I made 21 while i was on line. It's not like i wasn't old enough to peep out how females in sororities are with a nongreek eye.. I've experienced dating a Greek before and after.. same rules apply. It just depends on who the girl is. Either she lets the organization take over her life, or she exemplifies the organization through her natural lifestyle. Think about it dude
grin.gif

Exactly. I saw girls who completely changed their character (mostly not for the better either) once they joined a sorority, and all that would come out of their mouth is greek stuff, and when they had to say something 
that didn't involve greek life, all you'd hear is "...............". And then you (luckily) have the ones who are pretty nonchalant about being in a sorority. They don't let it consume them like a parasite. I was a non-greek by
the way, did track and cross country the entire time I was there, so besides not seeing my girl much here and there, nothing really changed. I went to a few parties and events with her, but I new some of her sorority sisters and alumni of her sorority way before she even met them, so everything was all good.

I remember this one chick. I would to her dorm ( a two story mansion conveted into a female dorm). It was a place of wonders. The chicks would walk around in bra and panties. Parties were montemental. I was in the navy so any events i went to i would tell my shipmates.

I remember this one chick. I would to her dorm ( a two story mansion conveted into a female dorm). It was a place of wonders. The chicks would walk around in bra and panties. Parties were montemental. I was in the navy so any events i went to i would tell my shipmates.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

OP I've been with my girl 6 years (before, during, and after college) and this is what I learned:

-You will spend less time together (not a bad thing), this depends on how "into it" she is. Does she go to EVERY single event, participate in all the philanthropies?
-Get more trust, they have exchanges with frats which means she will be around guys at these things (depends on if you're a jelly dude or not)
-You will have a lot of fun at these things usually
-You will see some fine #*% girls that are drunk (tons of upskirt)

I wouldn't say it messed our relationship up but it definitely strained it, we used to be together ALOT during high school so once college hit I wasn't really used to it. It really didn't help that she went to the University in town and I was in a juco (I transferred there after a year which made it easier)

sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Something wrong with going from a juco to a 4 year university?
I didn't go there for her, I had already planned on it but did a juco first to save money 
eyes.gif

OP I've been with my girl 6 years (before, during, and after college) and this is what I learned:

-You will spend less time together (not a bad thing), this depends on how "into it" she is. Does she go to EVERY single event, participate in all the philanthropies?
-Get more trust, they have exchanges with frats which means she will be around guys at these things (depends on if you're a jelly dude or not)

I wouldn't say it messed our relationship up but it definitely strained it, we used to be together ALOT during high school so once college hit I wasn't really used to it. It really didn't help that she went to the University in town and I was in a juco (I transferred there after a year which made it easier)

sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I didn't go there for her, I had already planned on it but did a juco first to save money 
eyes.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

I'm guessing the dude probably read it as if you went and chased after her. That's the only thing I could think of.

sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

I'm guessing the dude probably read it as if you went and chased after her. That's the only thing I could think of.

I'm not getting the
sick.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

He transferred to the University he wanted to go to, but it's a bad because she was there? I don't get it.. whatever

Back
Top Bottom