*** Anyone else have ‘weird’ neighbors??? ***

I’ve lived in 3 houses, all had a neighbor named Jeff lol. 1st one was a cop, use to cut our grass when we are on vacation, play catch before my baseball games. Got fired as a cop, went crazy, broke into our house with our hidden key when we were on vacation 1 time, than got caught hiding behind a skinny tree in the dark on the side of our house. Now my current neighbors are in some kind of cult and do not talk to anybody in our friendly neighborhood. Older wife is always yelling at the husband treating him like a dog lmao. Yeah I’ve had the crazy neighbors, next house is not in a neighborhood

All my neighbors are cool. Older gay couple of brothers next door, they're some OGs we also say what's up.

Large Hispanic family next to them. Their oldest son is a young ball player so we kinda connected off of that.

Gang of East Africans living an apartment upstairs, they'realways in the courtyard grilling and breaking bread together and sometimes I have a beer with them.

Also a Nigerian and Australia couple upstairs, I probably know them the best. Me and Nigerian dude always chop it up and we'll have a beer outside every now and then.

Dude directly above me is kind weird, only because it's obvious this not his main residence and he only uses it to smash his side piece. Only ever home for a hour or two in the afternoon and every once in a while at odd times with the same chick. I guess I can't say it's weird because it's not my business. :lol:

Small world
So there used to be this homeless guy that would walk around and smile at me all the time. I’d see him on my walks to my car and he would legit look at me and smile.
I never thought much of it. One day an old friend posted this homeless guy on IG. He’s like “this is so and so and he needs our help”
I’m like bro who is that guy?

Apparently we went to the same high school and were in the same grade.
So here’s the kicker, the dude was always around my house because my neighbor is his mom and he would come around to get a meal from time to time.
Reason he always smiled at me is because he recognized me.

A lot of new neighbors began moving in my neighborhood and now we’re hearing gun shots at night smh.

Damb, there goes your property value. Unless your neighborhood is ghetto to begin with. In that case, you get what you pay for.

My new neighbors are perfect. My old place was upstairs from a quiet bar, turned biker bar, where four people got shot. Don't miss having to argue with a drunk guy with facial tattoos, whether yelling is appropriate at 3AM. Have to say though, after the shooting... quiet evenings above the bar for six months.

Last edited:
1st one was a cop, use to cut our grass when we are on vacation, play catch before my baseball games. Got fired as a cop, went crazy, broke into our house with our hidden key when we were on vacation 1 time, than got caught hiding behind a skinny tree in the dark on the side of our house.

source.gif

My apartment complex is peaceful now that the owner sold the building to a legit company. No more gang members, car thieves and scumbags looking into your car windows at night. I think the old owner (White hippie biker) used to give these dudes free rent meanwhile they “worked” for him. Now it’s quiet and everyone is respectful with some cookout invitations in between. My neighbor upstairs occasionally has problems with her young boyfriend but I get the idea she likes being in that type of relationship, that “**** you then love you” type girl.

Sure it does. Anything shantytown / slum looking, I'll definitely describe as ghetto.

Nope, not American.
So in AMerica, the word is usually associated with Black folks.

Just like the word THUG is used to describe black men that white folks usually when they want to use another word instead.

It isn't as simple as you are using it.

Just explaining this to you now so you can't claim ignorance moving forward.

So in AMerica, the word is usually associated with Black folks.

Just like the word THUG is used to describe black men that white folks usually when they want to use another word instead.

It isn't as simple as you are using it.

Just explaining this to you now so you can't claim ignorance moving forward.

When people describe something in a negative light, some folks will be insulted.

- either because it currently describes their situation (e.g. living poor)

- who they are or their values are clumped into a negative stereotype associated with the adjective

Maybe that's the thing, the black people around me, they are not stereotyped as poor or thugs wherever I live. Eitherway, I expect that I will step on other people's toes without me realizing I am attacking them directly whenever I describe something in a negative light.

When people describe something in a negative light, some folks will be insulted.

- either because it currently describes their situation (e.g. living poor)

- who they are or their values are clumped into a negative stereotype associated with the adjective

Maybe that's the thing, the black people around me, they are not stereotyped as poor or thugs wherever I live. Eitherway, I expect that I will step on other people's toes without me realizing I am attacking them directly whenever I describe something in a negative light.

I am was born and raised in America.

You are not an American. (Your words)

I have told you the PERCEPTION of the word ghetto and how it is used in AMerica.

You can continue to use the word, but from this point on, you can't claim ignorance.

That is all I am saying.

I am was born and raised in America.

You are not an American. (Your words)

I have told you the PERCEPTION of the word ghetto and how it is used in AMerica.

You can continue to use the word, but from this point on, you can't claim ignorance.

That is all I am saying.
Explain to him that his being white places him at the disadvantage, an intellectual disadvantage of white privilege. He can only make the mistake once.

Back
Top Bottom