anyone have the Samsung Galaxy s3?

like i said before i have the galaxy s3, this is my first android

apple is way easier to use imo, so ill be getting iphone 5 asap when they announce it

im more of a basic phone user though so i dunno i dont give a crap about roms and cusomoizing an games an crapload of music on my phone

Heard good things about this phone. I like it, will get it once my upgrade comes up in December.

Tried android and didn't like it. I'm waiting for the iphone 5.

same, i just got this phone (s3), imma return within 30 days to ATT then put in an order for iphone when they announce it hopefully sept 12

Last edited:
Only people that Android is "superior" too are cats who spend time customizing every little thing, avg customer doesnt care for all that which is why phones like the razr outsold the Nexus for the longest.
And dudes saying the S3 has a good camera clearly never owned an iphone, I had an S3 for 4 days and returned it, joint was garbage, yea its Snappy, but the AMOLED screen made looking at certain sites look bad, and the camera was hot garbage.
Only thing missing from the iPhone was LTE, the bigger screen thing is all personal preference. I want a bigger screen, but I got big hands and using the s3 with 1 hand got annoying at times.
I worked in Wireless for 2 years and Android been garbage, customers left in right complaining about the little bugs and crap, while I NEVER saw iphone customers come in about software related issues, usually only time I saw iPhone problems is if somebody phone got jacked or broken.
The s3 wasnt glitchy though I will say that, but the quality of Android Apps are so damn poor too.
Trust me I WANT to Like Android, but I am let down everytime I get one.
Android Cats will talk about how they can customize this and that, newsflash avg customer doesnt care about that crap.

Whoa, Whoa slow down there buddy. One of the reasons why Galaxy Nexus didn't reach blockbuster sales on Verizon is because "Verizon" wants to push it "DROID" brand to customers. You even said it yourself in the Android thread in the padt that you were steering customers to the Razr Maxx cause "You Thought it was better" than a Galaxy Nexus. Saying that to numerous customers will make the Droid Maxx successful, the damm thing even sold more in a quarter than a iphone which is hard to do. Reason being Verizon was telling its employees "4G, BIG BATTERY, LARGE SCREEN, SMART ACTIONS etc...." as selling point, and to keep in mind the razr maxx is carrier controlled with locked bootloaders and bloatware. Verizon rather have you sell a phone to customers they can control rather a Nexus (which they kinda by slowing down OS updates) and iphone which they have to part of tweaking or adding any bloatware.

Let be real too cause if Android was "HOT GARBAGE" why is it the most used OS in terms of market share? Your argument is mute brah.
There are numerous reason why you hardly seen someone come into a verizon store and complain about buggy software on a iphone is because....1) They go to the Apple store and get real software support from the company who makes the phone 2) Some people can easily just reboot the phone to stock mode on itunes. With Android phones you don't have the outlets and tools for fixing issues if your an "Average" consumer so your gonna end up going to the store that had the verizon logo plastered on the screen and ask for help your gonna get those people creeping in for help, thats what I did when i had HTC EVO walk into a sprint store and tell them to help with hardware issues.

GalaxyNote6.jpg

Let be real too cause if Android was "HOT GARBAGE" why is it the most used OS in terms of market share? Your argument is mute brah.
Because there are HUNDREDS of cheap or free Android phones that appeal to customers who can't afford more expensive phones.

Note: While I believe iOS is superior and don't think Android is "hot garbage", there is a lot to be said about the influence of cheap phones.

Last edited:
1 phone > 23234 phones

I bet y'all wonder why you can't buy good accessories for your phones

I love this thread. Apple stans getting sonned left and right.

OP get the S3. I've owned an iPhone for a couple months after my Captivate broke and it was the worse phone experience of my life. As stated before the screen was too damn small, apple wanted my credit card number in order to use the app store even though I just wanted a couple free apps, the camera was subpar compared to my captivate, it was slower, and it just didn't have that wow factor. Everyone and their Grandma got a iPhone...literally. Droids are for people that know what they want out of cellphone and are able to make it happen. If you just want some "my first smartphone" type device get an iPhone. But if you want to join the big leagues get the S3.

I'm in this same dilemma (due for an upgrade back in May).

My homie just got the S3 and it's seriously a SICK phone, I'm going to wait it out for the iPhone 5 to see what that has to offer..

Love my S3. Hands down best phone i've owned. My girl has the 4S, and I never get near that tiny thing. She loves it tho, so it all comes down to preference.

:lol: @ Blink with that tired "it is a cell phone" argument. If they are just cell phones then why are we having thi convo. You know damn well if apple came with a 5 inch screen you would loose your mind.
truuuuuuuu

And @AI Audi.. If you can't type on the s3 good luck trying to type on the 5 :rofl:

Last edited:
The iphone feels and looks pathetic after using an s3 for 2 months now. Glad i switched.

Great phone.  I'm actually working the advertising media for Samsung Mobile USA.  There's a strong push to Like on Facebook. Eventually once they hit the mark, there's supposedly chance for prizes.

I've got both the iPhone and Samsung GS3.  Love both for different reasons.

Last edited:
it'll be an easier debate once the new iPhone comes out in September (where the new iPhone will also be 4G so it'll be a level-er playing field) . . . but the Galaxy S III is a top-tier Android phone.

With out really realizing its functions, I feel like the SG3 is a bit too clunky and big for me. I love my SG2. The SG3 might better utilize new technologies, but it' looks like a mini note pad. lolz

I've never had iPhones, and was always disappointed by the iPhones weight and interface. If you can get it, the SG3 is definitely a good choice.

Whoa, Whoa slow down there buddy. One of the reasons why Galaxy Nexus didn't reach blockbuster sales on Verizon is because "Verizon" wants to push it "DROID" brand to customers. You even said it yourself in the Android thread in the padt that you were steering customers to the Razr Maxx cause "You Thought it was better" than a Galaxy Nexus. Saying that to numerous customers will make the Droid Maxx successful, the damm thing even sold more in a quarter than a iphone which is hard to do. Reason being Verizon was telling its employees "4G, BIG BATTERY, LARGE SCREEN, SMART ACTIONS etc...." as selling point, and to keep in mind the razr maxx is carrier controlled with locked bootloaders and bloatware. Verizon rather have you sell a phone to customers they can control rather a Nexus (which they kinda by slowing down OS updates) and iphone which they have to part of tweaking or adding any bloatware.
There are numerous reason why you hardly seen someone come into a verizon store and complain about buggy software on a iphone is because....1) They go to the Apple store and get real software support from the company who makes the phone 2) Some people can easily just reboot the phone to stock mode on itunes. With Android phones you don't have the outlets and tools for fixing issues if your an "Average" consumer so your gonna end up going to the store that had the verizon logo plastered on the screen and ask for help your gonna get those people creeping in for help, thats what I did when i had HTC EVO walk into a sprint store and tell them to help with hardware issues.

huh?

First of All I NEVER said the Maxx was Better than the Nexus

I said the reason I prefered to sell the Maxx over the Nexus is because the avg customer is dumb and the Verizon Nexus was plagued by issues. Every time a Nexus went out the door it came back with some kind of issue. The Maxx I could honestly say NEVER came into the store with problems and it have everything the avg customer wanted.

And Verizon rather have people sell phones so they can control them? You sound dumb. Verizons big push was on getting customers into LTE devices, they HATED selling iPhones. In corporate iPhone customers are a running joke, because there is no selling to them. I could explain why the Nexus craps on the 4s ON PAPER, but the avg customer doesnt care about Vanilla Android, they just want something that works.

And you want to know why Android has all of the market share? Because you go into any wireless store and you see 20 android devices and one iPhone. I hate when people do that idiotic comparison. Especially when you got ******* companies giving away Android devices for little to nothing. Heck when I worked at Tmobile every damn customer that came in that was getting their first android/smartphone would ask "is it like the iPhone, can it do what the iphone do?"

You guys read these BS tech blogs, while I dealt with customers first hand. Idk who is feeding people these dumb stories of Wireless providers want reps selling iphones. Android devices bring more profit to wireless carriers, I promise you if you call your customer serivce department and complain about you phone and ask them to let you get a new device early or free they will offer every Android in the book but not an iPhone, because they lose massive money giving extra discounts to apple products.

I`m not one of these guys who never used an Android device, I've owned 5 High end Android Devices and they couldnt compare to the iPhone user experience. All that rooting and such gets old after about a week, when all you need is apps, music, and calling capabilities.

And my Jailbroken 4, 4s, iPad >>>> Every Android Device I've owned.

Why is it that android devices toat having amazing HD cameras that take pics the same quality of the iPhone 3gs? Only one that I can say proves the claim wrong is the HTC One X. I frequent the android thread because I love technology and I want to see a worthy Android Device, but every time I get the latest and greatest, I`m let down Greatly.

For me it comes down to OS and screen size.

I prefer the Android OS. Not saying it's better but it's what I prefer.

I like having a bigger screen as I read a lot of stuff on my phone. Never experienced any problems with Android apps but I don't use a grip of apps either so I'm sure I don't have the full experience.

Both the SG3 and iPhone are good smart phones, just roll with what you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom