anyone have the Samsung Galaxy s3?

This is the debate that will never end.

It's all a matter of preference. I personally don't mind the iPhone's screen size. It's a phone, not a tablet. 3.5 - 4 inches is enough for a phone. I don't care about widgets (don't eem know what they are) and if I was big on customizing, I'd just jailbreak this mf'er.

The iPhone is the most reliable phone I've had. Apps shut down rarely, phone has never just restarted, and the battery life is pretty decent. Coming from a blackberry that gave me a ton of problems (turning off randomly, taking like 10 minutes to reboot, od lag time, etc) to the iPhone was a huge upgrade. I've fiddled around with androids, but never saw anything that made me absolutely want one.

Needless to say, I'm ready for September 12th.

:lol: stay away from iphones

bet the iphone5 is gonna be a tiny upgrade from the iphone4 as usual
nothin to see here

posted from galaxy nexus come at me :pimp:

Last edited:
I just copped a NEXUS like 2 weeks ago. Was always against Android, saying similar remarks as the people in here regarding complications and such. You have 20 000 ways you can customize your phone, and more options DOES NOT necessarily mean good. Sometimes it feels as if you can drown in ROMS and Kernels and all types of things that an average phone user has no idea about.

However Jelly Bean, i think has done a great job crossing over to the mainstream market and made it a little easier. I love the phone still.

Enjoy using it all the time, screen is wicked. I could never ever hold a iphone and look at it the same after having a phone this size. My girl just copped it as well and she is coming from 4s...and if you know apple users, specifically females, it was like trying to explain God to Sillyputty. :x Shes aite now though, lovin it and things.

My true prediction is that Windows Phone 8 will be better than both iOS and Android.

Android's are hot trash son
laugh.gif
. Lucky Luchiano speaks the truth. A jailbroken iphone > Androids with ROMS and all that garbage.

Galaxy S3= best phone out right now

There is no way in the world after using this phone would anybody want a iphone, it does so much more

I just copped a NEXUS like 2 weeks ago. Was always against Android, saying similar remarks as the people in here regarding complications and such. You have 20 000 ways you can customize your phone, and more options DOES NOT necessarily mean good. Sometimes it feels as if you can drown in ROMS and Kernels and all types of things that an average phone user has no idea about.
However Jelly Bean, i think has done a great job crossing over to the mainstream market and made it a little easier. I love the phone still.
Enjoy using it all the time, screen is wicked. I could never ever hold a iphone and look at it the same after having a phone this size. My girl just copped it as well and she is coming from 4s...and if you know apple users, specifically females, it was like trying to explain God to Sillyputty. :x Shes aite now though, lovin it and things.
My true prediction is that Windows Phone 8 will be better than both iOS and Android.

You got the Nexus unlocked or through a carrier?

I was thinking about copping it from Google for 350 and getting a monthly plan, I'm bout sick of Sprint and this damn EVO Shift :smh:

Galaxy S3= best phone out right now

There is no way in the world after using this phone would anybody want a iphone, it does so much more
Engadget said HTC One X was better
The worst thing about the GS III? No matter how hard it tries, it just isn't greater than the sum of the HTC One X's parts. That's not to say it falls short, but merely to emphasize that times have changed since last year's Galaxy S II, which landed on an unsuspecting world that was largely devoid of predators. The Snapdragon variant of the One X has similar computing power, battery life and photographic credibility, but it also has a much better user interface that sticks more closely to the guiding ethos of Android 4.0. The One X also has a more forward-looking physical design, while the GS III clings to the tried and true styles of old. Perhaps the biggest sacrifice you'd make by going for the One X over the GS III is the loss of the cheap storage offered by the microSD card. That's a painful thing to give up, but given how deeply we feel about the need for Android to move forward and not get stuck in a Gingerbread-flavored groundhog day, we might just take the hit.

Last edited:

You got the Nexus unlocked or through a carrier?

I was thinking about copping it from Google for 350 and getting a monthly plan, I'm bout sick of Sprint and this damn EVO Shift :smh:

Oh man I thought I was doing it when I first got the shift. I cracked the hell out of the screen recently and upgraded to the SG3 and realized I was not doing it at all :lol:

Yo I copped from a carrier but it came unlocked from them. Canadian carrier, wicked deal 299 outright no contract or nothing.

Once again though screen and size of phone = perfection. Not too big and just right for entertainment purposes (browsing, and forums, and vids pics) :smokin

Engadget said HTC One X was better
i had the one x and it was not better, i had problems with that phone thats why i got rid of it. The only thing the one x has over the galaxy s3 is the camera, other than that the galaxy s3 rapes that phone

A fellow NTer wanted me to wanted me to explain to them as to why I chose the S3 over any iPhone in a different thread. I'll just re-post my reasons here:

Just my personal opinion man, but it just seems that Android has implemented features in their OS that iOS should already have.
Once Ice Cream Sandwich was released, it seems that Android really stepped up their game from previous version releases. Android doesn't feel as clunky as it was in its earlier days and I find myself working more efficiently and easily with my Droid now.
I used to think that there was no way that Android could ever catch up to iOS back in the day, but then I figured that I would give Android a shot so I went and scooped up a Galaxy S3 a little over a week ago and I have no regrets.

These are just my reasons for choosing Android over iOS now:

-I don't have to convert files using iTunes to a particular format in order for it to be used on my phone. All I have to do is drag and drop. It saves me a lot of time.

-The level of customization on an Android is just too nice. I don't have to "root/jailbreak" my phone just so I can use an MP3 as a custom ringtone/notification tone. Launchers on Android allow me to customize the phone without having to root as well.

-I can download apps on to my phone directly from my Macbook.

-Expandable memory on handsets.

-Mail client on iOS can't even display PNG files.

-Ice Cream Sandwich makes the OS silky smooth. I can't wait to see what google is going to be giving us once Jellybean is out and I get "project butter" on my phone.

-I like how I can transfer a song from my Google Music library on to my Galaxy S3 on the go. I don't even need to sync my phone to a computer to have access to my entire music library.
Those are the reasons I can think of for now. I just prefer Android's OS.

-Drew

-Drew

Last edited:
Dope video I came across explaining the design process of the S3. :nthat:

-Drew

If apple wasn't so innovative you'd still be using a flip phone or your sidekick. But if this iPhone 5 weak then I'm getting that s3

Iphone if you want a phone that is trendy and does pretty much everything ok. Android if you want a phone you want a customize and generally have open software. Really though after jellybean there is no reason for wanting to use iOS. JB is so damn smooth and fast. But really this is pointless because Apple stans aren't gonna listen to reason and neither will the Android side. It's a never ending battle that just causes people to get angry over pointless things. Just buy whatever you want. Peace.

Last edited:
I've been a diehard iPhone user since the iPhone 3g and after so many years loving the iPhone, Ive decided to sell my iPhone 4s and switch over to android and purchase the S3. I was playing with the phone at a store and phone is really incredible for sure. I also can't go wrong paying $40.00 unlimited everything 1000 mins under my cousins Family Advantage program :smokin

Lets see how it does, I might go back to iPhone once the iPhone 6 comes out which im sure will in couple years. The iPhone 4s and 5 are wayy to similar.

How well does the e-mail work with an exchange server? I was thinking of getting one, but would have to use it for work as well. I have the iphone 5 ordered and currently using the iphone4.

If i didnt already have a galaxy nexus, da next phone id cop would be note 2

Sooo beastly....

How well does the e-mail work with an exchange server? I was thinking of getting one, but would have to use it for work as well. I have the iphone 5 ordered and currently using the iphone4.

Pretty good actually. I use the stock e-mail app for my Campus e-mail because they use an exchange server. All my e-mails get pushed to my phone instantaneously.

-Drew

I tried the phone. Just wasn't feeling it. The layouts were inconsistent, I saw a few too many hangups, and the interfaces seem kinda sloppy.

The phone is certainly fast though. It just lacks polish to me. 

Back
Top Bottom