• Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
1646796518190.png

Fire

Anybody have the MagSafe Duo Charger?

Might pick it up this weekend for travel ease, being able to charge my watch and iPhone on 1 outlet sounds phenomenal.

Idk if y’all have seen this- people are buying broken display MacBooks for like less than 200 on eBay and taking the display off and connecting the mainframe to a monitor and it has full functionality of a MacBook just with a cheap monitor
It’s ****ing genius !!!! Especially for someone on a budget who can’t spend over a stack on a labtop or when someone breaks a display

How do you like it? Ive been on the fence getting one. When I travel I like to bring the least amount of items as I can, so being able to leave an extra cord behind and one less outlet I gotta use is ideal. But spending $130 to do so has had me reluctant 😂

How do you like it? Ive been on the fence getting one. When I travel I like to bring the least amount of items as I can, so being able to leave an extra cord behind and one less outlet I gotta use is ideal. But spending $130 to do so has had me reluctant 😂
Tbh I’m not going to be using it as my home charger, it’s sitting in my travel backpack waiting for one of my upcoming trips. I got a curious puppy who would prolly love to get his teeth around this thing.

I traded in my Apple Watch series 3 last night and got $70 so I only paid the difference, so that’s helping me mentally. :lol:

I considered returning it last night, but I think I’m just going to keep it. The reason I considered returning it is because reviewers are doubting the long term durability of this thing. I read one durability test did a fold every 9 seconds and it failed after like 200+ folds? Hope that’s not true. Some saying that’s due to heat and constant folding.. but like, it’s apple and it’s a $130 charger. Why is that even the case?

But after holding one at the apple store and opening mine, it surprised me. It’s heavier than I thought, seems sturdy, and the Watch puck folds super sturdy so I don’t think that’ll be an issue.

Overall so far seems nice, but $130 is steep. I guess it boils down to your want for genuine apple products (there are a few cheaper 3rd party products that would do the same thing, albeit not as small), and your willingness to pay for the convenience it provides.

Been using my MacBook in clamshell mode lately. I have this habit of reaching for the touch pad with my thumb. I dont think a magic pad would work though since i need a wrist rest. Maybe apple needs to come up with a magic keyboard that allows for touch functions on a space bar ... similar to iPhone when you navigate the cursor with text by long press on space bar.

Tbh I’m not going to be using it as my home charger, it’s sitting in my travel backpack waiting for one of my upcoming trips. I got a curious puppy who would prolly love to get his teeth around this thing.

I traded in my Apple Watch series 3 last night and got $70 so I only paid the difference, so that’s helping me mentally. :lol:

I considered returning it last night, but I think I’m just going to keep it. The reason I considered returning it is because reviewers are doubting the long term durability of this thing. I read one durability test did a fold every 9 seconds and it failed after like 200+ folds? Hope that’s not true. Some saying that’s due to heat and constant folding.. but like, it’s apple and it’s a $130 charger. Why is that even the case?

But after holding one at the apple store and opening mine, it surprised me. It’s heavier than I thought, seems sturdy, and the Watch puck folds super sturdy so I don’t think that’ll be an issue.

Overall so far seems nice, but $130 is steep. I guess it boils down to your want for genuine apple products (there are a few cheaper 3rd party products that would do the same thing, albeit not as small), and your willingness to pay for the convenience it provides.

Definitely appreciate the detailed review/response. Thank you!

Similar situation for myself. I kinda travel more than the average person, so I have a travel bag set aside that basically has all of my crap organized and ready to go asap. Toiletries, undergarments, chargers all packed up just gotta grab it and go. So that is where this charger will live when I get it, cuz I know Im gonna get it lol. And Im on the same thing as you, Im not tryna put up $130 of my own to grab it, I typically get random giftcards from the job or from the fam so as soon as I get to about 60-70ish on that I will end up grabbing it. But yea Im big on genuine Apple products, very rarely do I ever stray and get 3rd party stuff so I am looking forward to adding this to the travel bag. Thanks again.

Anyone here ever had buyers remorse when they purchased their MacBook Pro? I just finally purchased a 16 inch MacBook Pro with 1TB on Best Buy website. I’m happy I finally got it, but definitely felt the dent in my pockets lol. Anyone ever felt that way?

Anyone here ever had buyers remorse when they purchased their MacBook Pro? I just finally purchased a 16 inch MacBook Pro with 1TB on Best Buy website. I’m happy I finally got it, but definitely felt the dent in my pockets lol. Anyone ever felt that way?
No because when I bought mine I took it home same day.

See if you feel that way when you open it. Apple products are something that you usually are ok with spending on once you get to hold it and have it as your own.

Curious on anyone who’s updated to iOS 15.4 notice an issue with storage ?
Hearing the update has a bug that takes up 10gb of storage

Curious on anyone who’s updated to iOS 15.4 notice an issue with storage ?
Hearing the update has a bug that takes up 10gb of storage
Mine was taking up 9gb before and after 15.4. Could be a bug like in ios 13. If it is, 15.4.1 will be right around the corner to fix it.

I’m still trying to convince out IT team to hook it up with the new M1 MBP’s. Getting FOMO over here with my 2019 MBP 15”

Reactions: ARK
Can’t wait to upgrade this year. Still on my 2013 MBP and I’ve been thinking it’s on its last legs for a couple years now but it’s hanging in there :lol:

My 2018 MacBook Pro’s battery will die in less than an hour streaming video with the screen dimmed and no other apps running. Battery settings says it’s healthy. Any tips?

Normal with any “big” purchase

Big defined by the individual. Same for cars, homes etc. it’s your mind playing tricks on you. Enjoy it. Use it. Get your moneys worth

I just downloaded this and it says my battery is good. But it just went from 24% to dead and now the on-board battery health thingy says service recommended.

Figured it’d eventually change the status. I had Apple change my battery once and it lasted like 2 years before needing service again. Still have the same battery, but I just leave it on the charger now :lol:.

I just downloaded this and it says my battery is good. But it just went from 24% to dead and now the on-board battery health thingy says service recommended.
Hmmm. I would probably try resetting the SMC and PRAM just to see if you're still having the same battery issues. Wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom