Are you the 99% ? - Wallstreet Come Get It...

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by omgitswes

of course you can work part time as a busboy and pay for hyperinflated tuitions of 2011
eyes.gif

(he held 3 jobs at once, btw)

yeah man that's what I was saying in the other thread. Work hard enough and anything is possible.
i was being sarcastic, b.

you cant pay for john hopkin's with a part time job as a busboy, dog...

roll.gif

Noooo I knew that. I'm talking about the fact that he worked three jobs to put hisself through school. And how he had to work to get to where he is now

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THIS.

MAKES NO SENSE TO PROTEST AND NOT EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT WOULD REPLACE THE CURRENT SYSTEM.

RESPECT TO GREENE THOUGH.

*wonders if he read my post in the other thread*
nerd.gif
WONDERS IF YOU SAW THE FLAWS I POINTED OUT IN THAT RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY.

I have a question for everybody...

I dont support Wall St. nor do I support OWS. So please dont turn this into a hate fest like ksteezy.

A major problem was the economic crisis was the bad loans given out to home buyers, of course it is defintally a blame to the banks who gave out such low intrest morgages to so many americans.

but why do i not hear anyone talking about the americans that took these ridiculous loans on themselves....who in there right mind would take a loan that on the fifth year you pay a monthly payment that you cant afford. nobody has said anything either on those same americans who lie on income forms to get these loans, and yes it is alos a fault of the banks for not making a good check.

everyone raises questions on the rich and their tax, but what about the milllions of middle class business owners who lie and cheat on their tax forms (not disclosing the full income they make)

this whole thing has turned into a blame game and who is the big bad wolf. WE ALL ARE, the free market gave made us wealthy but also hurt us bad. at the end there is a lot to blame.

I put a lot of blame onto Reagan, who decided it was a great idea to lower taxes and lower regulations. I blame he SEC for not hounding the banks and investment companies, i blame the people who took on toxic loans and then cry about it.

Greed is a killer but it is something that exists in all of us, NOBODY is a perfect soul and some are worse than others.

Another Question: If Goldman Sachs came down to the protest and began offering investment banking positions to the protesters with $200,000 salary and a $25,000 signing bonus, health and dental, paid vacations...the whole nine.....how many of them you think will turn it down?

Originally Posted by famenycity1

I have a question for everybody...

I dont support Wall St. nor do I support OWS. So please dont turn this into a hate fest like ksteezy.

A major problem was the economic crisis was the bad loans given out to home buyers, of course it is defintally a blame to the banks who gave out such low intrest morgages to so many americans.

but why do i not hear anyone talking about the americans that took these ridiculous loans on themselves....who in there right mind would take a loan that on the fifth year you pay a monthly payment that you cant afford. nobody has said anything either on those same americans who lie on income forms to get these loans, and yes it is alos a fault of the banks for not making a good check.

everyone raises questions on the rich and their tax, but what about the milllions of middle class business owners who lie and cheat on their tax forms (not disclosing the full income they make)

this whole thing has turned into a blame game and who is the big bad wolf. WE ALL ARE, the free market gave made us wealthy but also hurt us bad. at the end there is a lot to blame.

I put a lot of blame onto Reagan, who decided it was a great idea to lower taxes and lower regulations. I blame he SEC for not hounding the banks and investment companies, i blame the people who took on toxic loans and then cry about it.

Greed is a killer but it is something that exists in all of us, NOBODY is a perfect soul and some are worse than others.

Another Question: If Goldman Sachs came down to the protest and began offering investment banking positions to the protesters with $200,000 salary and a $25,000 signing bonus, health and dental, paid vacations...the whole nine.....how many of them you think will turn it down?
the difference is average joe gets in debt its his fault and he should man up and fix his own situation. (which is true but theres a big BUT)
the big business makes bad investments and goes into debt and its the government should bail them out. why? because they have all the average joes jobs in their hands.
its a system they can't lose and the average person is getting %*##%* over twice.
business fails. government pays for the failure via bailout. people pay for the government. rinse repeat.

People are struggling so of course they would take the job. does that mean they have no morals or can be bought out? You know how many people on occupy wallstreet are working full time and still come out to support the movement? I'm sure everyone understands the movement is bigger than just them.

THIS.

MAKES NO SENSE TO PROTEST AND NOT EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT WOULD REPLACE THE CURRENT SYSTEM.

I'll respond to this since it is only one sentence.

Who wants to replace the whole system?  Some people just want corporate money out of politics.  Some people just want the Federal Reserve to stop creating "normal" inflation.  Some people want the government to stop passing free trade deals that contribute to the outsourcing of jobs.

It's like many of you guys just make up your own points that no one even said and argue against them. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if these coorporations didn't get a bail out, wouldn't it affect the average joe who works for them even more than if they didn't get that bail out?...companies crash, probably more people would lose their jobs...no? Just makes sense to me why the government would bail these coorporations out, rather than that random dude who is throat deep in debt with some worthless degree...bail him out and how does that benefit the country?...Serious question bros, let's try to not get sentimental and disrespectful.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if these coorporations didn't get a bail out, wouldn't it affect the average joe who works for them even more than if they didn't get that bail out?...companies crash, probably more people would lose their jobs...no? Just makes sense to me why the government would bail these coorporations out, rather than that random dude who is throat deep in debt with some worthless degree...bail him out and how does that benefit the country?...Serious question bros, let's try to not get sentimental and disrespectful.
In the case of Wall Street, there was widespread fraud and these people profited from these bad loans.  I believe that bailing out homeowners would have worked better than bailing out the banks.  Homeowners would have kept their homes, stabilized home prices in some areas, and mortgages would have gotten paid.

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

THIS.

*wonders if he read my post in the other thread*
nerd.gif
WONDERS IF YOU SAW THE FLAWS I POINTED OUT IN THAT RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY.

You didn't read my rebuttal tho 
laugh.gif

Yo if I kill someone, don't send me to jail. My family and friends will miss me and be adversely affected. Let it slide, boss man.

Originally Posted by cguy610

In the case of Wall Street, there was widespread fraud and these people profited from these bad loans.  I believe that bailing out homeowners would have worked better than bailing out the banks.  Homeowners would have kept their homes, stabilized home prices in some areas, and mortgages would have gotten paid.

Cant be serious. 

yes because they have everyones money in their pocket we need them. they play a game they can't lose. who wouldn't want to make financial investments knowing if they messed up they get a new life. its a joke..

You don't see anything wrong with a financial investment game they literally can't lose?  yet folks blame the common man who took out a bad investment who can't get that bailout meanwhile he is paying for their bailout through taxes.

this isn't even going into the fact that these bailouts gave ceos million dollar bonuses who then retired with a smile. they are playing monopoly with gameshark while everyone else has dice and the "Dream"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

yes because they have everyones money in their pocket we need them. they play a game they can't lose. who wouldn't want to make financial investments knowing if they messed up they get a new life. its a joke..

You don't see anything wrong with a financial investment game they literally can't lose?  yet folks blame the common man who took out a bad investment who can't get that bailout meanwhile he is paying for their bailout through taxes.

Companies/Corporations die everyday B. Yall act like the government is bailing out everybody. 
That toilet paper you wipe your butt with came from one of the corporations that has to borrow money from a bank in order to finance enough jobs to remain in the black. 

Yall want to give out Fema checks to people who made bad financial decisions? Both sides were wrong but you know the Banks effect billions of lives right?

US is already in debt if we are going to get in more debt lets atleast save the foundation 

CEOs are greedy. People (like me) who took out loans knowing they couldnt sustain them are as greedy.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by cguy610

Cant be serious. 
I'm not even going to go past this post with you because it is obvious that you have not done any research on the topic and have had 3 years to learn.  I refuse to go back and forth with a person who makes a conscious choice to remain ignorant.

Bank of America's acquisition of Merrill Lynch was fraud.  Merrill paid bonuses while they were fiscally bankrupt.  Citigroup spent bailout dollars at resorts.  Banks still are not lending, they are getting money from the Fed interest free, using that cash to buy government bonds, and then earning interest on the government bonds.

The only corporate failures that even come remotely close to the recent financial collapse were the Enron and Tyco failures nearly 11 years ago. 

Additionally, you appear to have no problem with having a system in place that not only socializes corporate losses and privatizes the gains, you also appear to support the preferential tax rates on "carried interest" and "long term capital gains", which allow many of these execs to pay 15% on nearly all of their income

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Companies/Corporations die everyday B. Yall act like the government is bailing out everybody. 
That toilet paper you wipe your butt with came from one of the corporations that has to borrow money from a bank in order to finance enough jobs to remain in the black. 

Yall want to give out Fema checks to people who made bad financial decisions? Both sides were wrong but you know the Banks effect billions of lives right?

US is already in debt if we are going to get in more debt lets atleast save the foundation 

CEOs are greedy. People (like me) who took out loans knowing they couldnt sustain them are as greedy.

Companies like Bank of America don't die everyday "B".

This country can not function without the JP Morgan, Bank of America, and Citigroup.

Anyone who says otherwise needs to read a few 10-K's.

Too-big-to-fail zombie banks haven't died in a while and are kept afloat with taxpayer money and QE. You can argue that many jobs will be lost, but then don't call it capitalism. Let the insolvent banks fail and then the system will fix itself. It worked in Iceland albeit a small nation/population, nevertheless we should at least take notes. What america is doing right now has never worked or ended well. This goes for Europe too. 

If we keep at it, that borrowed money will double as toilet paper really soon.
The govt cant even bailout itself out. Everything they do is just various forms of borrowing from the fed. 
The people are the foundation of any nation. 
CEOs are greedy. People (like me) who took out loans knowing they couldnt sustain them are as greedy.

We have to discern here that this is Greed vs. Ignorance. The CEO's have no risk b/c since fraud is sanctioned by the central govt. Another different is that the individuals do not have access to the fed's discount window. If they did, no one would be in debt since the interest rate is naught. The tantalizing, predatory lending practices of these financial institutions deliberately target ignorant borrowers, whose debt eventually becomes a "toxic asset" and is transferred to the taxpayer, pension funds etc. Currently, these huge companies are stashing trillions of dollars for a rainy day yet continuing to lay off workers.
This country can not function without the JP Morgan, Bank of America, and Citigroup.
In the current paradigm, perhaps you are correct, yet, imo, the populace would be better off without the fraudulent practices of these firms while reverting to sound money. 

seriously these protests are so stupid. half of these damn goons dont even know why they are even there. Nobody forced you to go to college, or buy things you could not afford. the only real reason to protest is regarding the healthcare system. Bank bailouts needed to happen. Bottom line.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

seriously these protests are so stupid. half of these damn goons dont even know why they are even there. Nobody forced you to go to college, or buy things you could not afford. the only real reason to protest is regarding the healthcare system. Bank bailouts needed to happen. Bottom line.
Nobody is debating that... What they are debating is that there was no accountability... And without that accountability they still hold the economic well-being of the U.S. by the testicles because they can still take advantage of the system..

And in a country that is touted as the richest nation in the world, where a thriving middle class has always been the life of the U.S. economy it added fuel to the fire..

To add to the fact nobody specifically forced anyone to go to college, but all throughout life we are pushed to the necessity of college by society... Call it realistic propaganda..

No one wants their life to be obligation free, nor everything handed to them...  What they are protesting is NOT equal results... But an equal opportunity to pursue results...

And a look at the wealth disparity gap in the past 30 years, plus the correlation of the economic standing of the U.S. shows that the opportunity is closing on the Middle Class..

yeah man that's what I was saying in the other thread. Work hard enough and anything is possible.
i was being sarcastic, b.

you cant pay for john hopkin's with a part time job as a busboy, dog...

roll.gif

Noooo I knew that. I'm talking about the fact that he worked three jobs to put hisself through school. And how he had to work to get to where he is now

yeah, and im 100% sure those same three jobs he held (checking IDs at a gym? yeah, okay)

wouldnt put him through hopkins nor grad school....

id be interested to see what his tuition was....

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Too-big-to-fail zombie banks haven't died in a while and are kept afloat with taxpayer money and QE. You can argue that many jobs will be lost, but then don't call it capitalism. Let the insolvent banks fail and then the system will fix itself. It worked in Iceland albeit a small nation/population, nevertheless we should at least take notes. What america is doing right now has never worked or ended well. This goes for Europe too. 

If we keep at it, that borrowed money will double as toilet paper really soon.
The govt cant even bailout itself out. Everything they do is just various forms of borrowing from the fed. 
The people are the foundation of any nation. 
CEOs are greedy. People (like me) who took out loans knowing they couldnt sustain them are as greedy.

We have to discern here that this is Greed vs. Ignorance. The CEO's have no risk b/c since fraud is sanctioned by the central govt. Another difference is that the individuals do not have access to the fed's discount window. If they did, no one would be in debt since the interest rate is naught. The tantalizing, predatory lending practices of these financial institutions deliberately target ignorant borrowers, whose debt eventually becomes a "toxic asset" and is transferred to the taxpayer, pension funds etc. Currently, these huge companies are stashing trillions of dollars for a rainy day yet continuing to lay off workers.
In the current paradigm, perhaps you are correct, yet, imo, the populace would be better off without the fraudulent practices of these firms while reverting to sound money. 

pimp.gif

funny yall claim america is an even playing field and capitalist/capitalism is the way to go/be.....work really hard and itll pay off, etc. etc.

YET YOU JUST SAID THE BANKS NEEDED TO BE BAILED OUT

roll.gif

THATS NOT CAPITALISM

CAPITALISM WOULD HAVE LET THOSE 132 YEAR INSTITUTIONS FAIL

AND THE GUYS RESPONSIBLE WOULD PROBABLY KILL THEIRSELVES (before bailouts were proposed, dudes were literally killing themselves)

INSTEAD

THEY GOT MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR BONUSES AND EVEN BIGGER SEVERENCE PACKAGES

roll.gif

"thank you for collapsing a bank which survived the great depression. we're bankrupt, but here is a hugggggge bonus you probably wont ever spend, its 10 million dollars of some nice, 0% intrest tax money taken from the labor of the people we take advantage of anyway...."

THEN YOU DEFEND IT

roll.gif

THAT EMOTICON CANT EVEN EXPRESS THE AMOUNT OF
roll.gif
 GOING ON

THESE DUDES SHOULD ALL BE IN JAIL

ALL OF THEM

they made ridiculously risky loans for the short buck back in bonuses. after getting that money for years, the house of cards fell. instead of people saying "you risked this all, knowingly, for personal gain....and have endangered the entire economy" nope, they said "oh, we cant cap your salary, the best talent will leave" WHAT TALENT? THEYRE COLLAPSING BANKS THAT SURVIVED THE GREAT DEPRESSION......

instead of being fired like say, you or me, for grossly doing the opposite of what your job expects, they got multi-million dollar CHECKS......and JOB OFFERS from OTHER USA banks

roll.gif

but it wasnt a swindle, they "worked reallty hard" for their fortunes

eyes.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Nobody is debating that... What they are debating is that there was no accountability... And without that accountability they still hold the economic well-being of the U.S. by the testicles because they can still take advantage of the system..

And in a country that is touted as the richest nation in the world, where a thriving middle class has always been the life of the U.S. economy it added fuel to the fire..

To add to the fact nobody specifically forced anyone to go to college, but all throughout life we are pushed to the necessity of college by society... Call it realistic propaganda..

No one wants their life to be obligation free, nor everything handed to them...  What they are protesting is NOT equal results... But an equal opportunity to pursue results...

And a look at the wealth disparity gap in the past 30 years, plus the correlation of the economic standing of the U.S. shows that the opportunity is closing on the Middle Class..

That is the 100% false. I can walk down the street and show you 10 examples to the contrary.

Why is it this dude cannot for the life of him have a normal post!!...is like dude can make a good post and my mind refuses to accept anything he says because of how he expresses it, c'mon man.

Back
Top Bottom