Are you the only guy in your group of friends that collects shoes?

Originally Posted by mindless2778

Well, my friends just buy random sneakers, and beat them to hell.

I'm the only one that takes care of my shoes.
Forgot: I'm the only person I know that doesn't wear fakes, also.

Originally Posted by jcurrency89

i have a few friends outside of my immediate circle that %%!! with sneakers............but out of my close friends, im the only one who collects/wears on the regular. i too wish i had a close friend who was on my level 
laugh.gif

This. I love the look on their faces when I try to explain NT to them 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jcurrency89

i have a few friends outside of my immediate circle that %%!! with sneakers............but out of my close friends, im the only one who collects/wears on the regular. i too wish i had a close friend who was on my level 
laugh.gif

This. I love the look on their faces when I try to explain NT to them 
laugh.gif

outside of my immediate circle...i've got one cousin who's CRAZY about kicks. otherwise, rest of the group doesn't care that much. kinda sucks, but whatever...

outside of my immediate circle...i've got one cousin who's CRAZY about kicks. otherwise, rest of the group doesn't care that much. kinda sucks, but whatever...

I am the only ones with my friends, they try to act like they are in to them though and spit random things out lol Can't be mad at them for trying

I am the only ones with my friends, they try to act like they are in to them though and spit random things out lol Can't be mad at them for trying

Yes! Ge'ez it's rough not bein' able to chat with my buddies about it. My best friend used to collect as well, but when we met a new group of friends in high school he got away from it. They all like to have nice kicks and see my new ones but normally they just wear running shoes when we play basketball. 
eyes.gif

Yes! Ge'ez it's rough not bein' able to chat with my buddies about it. My best friend used to collect as well, but when we met a new group of friends in high school he got away from it. They all like to have nice kicks and see my new ones but normally they just wear running shoes when we play basketball. 
eyes.gif

I don't really "collect" myself so no. I just cop a couple of pairs that I want at a time (usually retroes from before I began having the money to buy the sneakers I really wanted), beat them up, and do it over again.
I have about 6 or 7 friends that are really into sneakers as well though (I'm still in HS, so of course EVERYONE wants to SEEM like they're into Jordans, but my friends legitimately know their stuff).

I don't really "collect" myself so no. I just cop a couple of pairs that I want at a time (usually retroes from before I began having the money to buy the sneakers I really wanted), beat them up, and do it over again.
I have about 6 or 7 friends that are really into sneakers as well though (I'm still in HS, so of course EVERYONE wants to SEEM like they're into Jordans, but my friends legitimately know their stuff).

Originally Posted by bjamez20

when i did collect shoes, i was the only one who did

now all i wear is converse all stars or running shoes

This. I had a couple friends in HS that collected, but not a single one in college. I have a small rotation of casual shoes and boots that I wear most of the year; only time I wear what I used to "collect" (Bball shoes) is if I'm running to the store in bball shorts or something. I sold off most of my pairs out of necessity throughout college. 
I don't really keep up with it anymore, so when I run into old friends they're like shocked/disappointed that I'm not still buying two pairs of shoes every month and wearing a new pair everyday, cus it was such a big part of my identity in HS
laugh.gif
I think they probably half expected me to have a few hundred pairs by now. 

Originally Posted by bjamez20

when i did collect shoes, i was the only one who did

now all i wear is converse all stars or running shoes

This. I had a couple friends in HS that collected, but not a single one in college. I have a small rotation of casual shoes and boots that I wear most of the year; only time I wear what I used to "collect" (Bball shoes) is if I'm running to the store in bball shorts or something. I sold off most of my pairs out of necessity throughout college. 
I don't really keep up with it anymore, so when I run into old friends they're like shocked/disappointed that I'm not still buying two pairs of shoes every month and wearing a new pair everyday, cus it was such a big part of my identity in HS
laugh.gif
I think they probably half expected me to have a few hundred pairs by now. 

Back
Top Bottom