Asian Culture Discussion Thread

To me it makes the show boring. The Hawaii one was cringe cause you could tell many of them wanted to speak english and sometimes it would leak out :lol: didnt feel authentic at all

I dont really care about foreigners in Japan or hapas. What got me into the show in the beginning was seeing how native Japanese young adults lived so I guess its just personal preference.

Then again the show is actually scripted in many ways lol

Some people just want to complain. So you don’t find people like kaori or shohei boring who are actually boring but see a non-Japanese housemate and label them boring? Pepe seeing his manga being sold at the store is one of the best moments the show has had.

Some people just want to complain. So you don’t find people like kaori or shohei boring who are actually boring but see a non-Japanese housemate and label them boring? Pepe seeing his manga being sold at the store is one of the best moments the show has had.

I didnt find kaori boring. I actually thought she was interesting because again, im interested in how young Japanese adults are living.

I dont even think Pepe is Japanese. I dont care about what some Italian dude is doing in Japan.

So she’s interesting just because she’s Japanese? That’s dumb. She was actually one of the most boring in the house. Didn’t really have opinions and said what people wanted to hear. Did you even watch the show?

is it safe to travel to hong kong?

US Dept. of State puts it at a lvl 2 warning

Level 2 - Exercise Increased Caution: Be aware of heightened risks to safety and security. The Department of State provides additional advice for travelers in these areas in the Travel Advisory. Conditions in any country may change at any time.

Be safe

I certainly wouldn’t have chosen a time like this to settle there.

I read story about undercover police getting beat and pepper sprayed until they were finally able to show their id badge. Then when they were carried the crowd clapped and jeered.

this curling athlete is pretty popular right now in Korea. She’s cute as hell. She looks so much like red velvet joy imo

Last edited:
My mom was hoping for Han Kuo-yu to win. She was there a a couple of months ago so wasn't able to vote.
Haven't really been listening about the election until last month, but was surprised by the margin of victory.

Exact same as my Parents. They even had some Family friends that recently went back for visit and the elections. Baby Boomer generation crowd trend a lot more Conservative. Gen X born there but here since kindergarten. Our politics are effed up but their system on another dynamic level for sure.

Looks like all the kids are moving off of undercuts and getting perms now.

we are officially in a new generation.

I really grew up in the faux hawk generation brehs. I’m washed. We are two eras away from my childhood.

Back
Top Bottom