Asics Love?!? Where is it?

so is RF's goal to create more and more hype for his own name, but the production numbers stay the same, which is mad low, and the people who've been collecting some of his shoes for like 4 or 5 years now (back when he was nothing) just get dookied on, C blocked, by all these new beasts who all the sudden like asics, or want to resell them?

great plan.

thanx.

mean.gif
What is he supposed to do, make them GR quantities? I mean, it would be nice, but I doubt asics would be willing to do that. And don't act like because you bought his earlier releases you are somehow more deserving of a pair of his new ones. If anything you should share the wealth. You just have to live with the fact that you won't get every release. It's ok. It's not life or death. It's shoes. 

so is RF's goal to create more and more hype for his own name, but the production numbers stay the same, which is mad low, and the people who've been collecting some of his shoes for like 4 or 5 years now (back when he was nothing) just get dookied on, C blocked, by all these new beasts who all the sudden like asics, or want to resell them?

great plan.

thanx.

mean.gif
yeah and he's all about "Just Us" - the "real" running sneaker enthusiasts 
mean.gif

C'mon man those same people that dude purports to be all about - the people that have been supporting people like RF for years - are sh*tted on, while a bunch of little kids with mom and dad's credit cards, who bought their first pair of Jordans last year and suddenly heard Kith/Asics were the "hot" thing, are the new target audience/people buying most of the sneakers. I mean I guess if it makes dude money, more power to him, but essentially it's like selling immediate "authenticity" to a bunch of kids - all you have to do is spend $500 (or camp for days) to buy a pair of RF Asics and now you too can be part of "just us."

yeah and he's all about "Just Us" - the "real" running sneaker enthusiasts 
mean.gif

C'mon man those same people that dude purports to be all about - the people that have been supporting people like RF for years - are sh*tted on, while a bunch of little kids with mom and dad's credit cards, who bought their first pair of Jordans last year and suddenly heard Kith/Asics were the "hot" thing, are the new target audience/people buying most of the sneakers. I mean I guess if it makes dude money, more power to him, but essentially it's like selling immediate "authenticity" to a bunch of kids - all you have to do is spend $500 (or camp for days) to buy a pair of RF Asics and now you too can be part of "just us."
Honestly, you don't know that all the kids camping for these are getting the shoes purchased for them by mommy and daddy. But for arguments sake, lets say their parents WERE buying them. You say "more power to RF" for choosing an economically smart route but you don't seem to think the same for the kids. Hell, if my mom said "Let me buy these new $200 sneakers" when I was younger I would've snatched that offer quick before she could change her mind lol. However, she never did.

In any case, I don't think all these the kids camped right now in MIA have their parents paying for them anyway, just thought it was interesting how you said RF's moves were smart (although they may be unfair) while you seemed to be belittling the kids.

But I guess that's neither here nor there. But are Kith/Asics (or Kith anything for that matter) really the "hot" thing yet? Sure, they are popular and getting even more popular, but don't you think these "hypebeast" kids you mention would MUCH more likely be focused on grape 5s this weekend? Just my thoughts. To each his own

I have yet to see the hypebeast type kids wearing Asics....Jordan still controls them with SB far behind and Asics and NB even farther. What do people expect when a hot shoe like this comes up you think no ones gonna talk about it or want it especially when it only releases initially in one shop?

I work at a shoe store and people are still clueless as to what asics and new balance are, besides a few of the people i work with. The resellers are the problem, i have no problem with informing people on the runner game if they show genuine interest in the shoe. WE ALL STARTED SOMEWHERE. Because someone wasnt in the loop right away doesnt mean they have less of a right to get the shoe. If you like the look get the shoe. The quality and comfort is something you learn to appreciate.

besides fieg is the one who releases his stuff with lowest quantity out of any other brand..what do you expect?

That's true.

I've had my eye on some of Asics' stuff but I've just been waiting for the perfect pair/color. I did see before that a Lakers colorway is coming out and I'll hop on that, since I'm a Lakers fan (I don't have any Lakers gear though, plus I live all the way out in Florida haha).

I work at a shoe store and people are still clueless as to what asics and new balance are, besides a few of the people i work with. The resellers are the problem, i have no problem with informing people on the runner game if they show genuine interest in the shoe. WE ALL STARTED SOMEWHERE. Because someone wasnt in the loop right away doesnt mean they have less of a right to get the shoe. If you like the look get the shoe. The quality and comfort is something you learn to appreciate.

besides fieg is the one who releases his stuff with lowest quantity out of any other brand..what do you expect?
I have yet to see the hypebeast type kids wearing Asics....Jordan still controls them with SB far behind and Asics and NB even farther. What do people expect when a hot shoe like this comes up you think no ones gonna talk about it or want it especially when it only releases initially in one shop?
EXACTLY what I'm saying

Well, I mean it's annoying. I agree with proto 100%. Ever since the Ecp was announced, I've gotten countless Facebook messages and texts saying "can you give me tips to buy online, this is my first pair of asics and I need them." Or "I'm not really into runners, but these I must have". These people who are messaging and texting me are the same people I see camping for the newest gr Jordan. Think about it, if the Ecp was a gr and went to all Asics accounts would they sell out? Probably not. It's crazy though, how the same people who stood overnight for a gr Jordan are the same people hitting me up daily asking how to cop off of kith and if its "TLO". Just sad and messed up for the people who have been fans of RF for a long time like myself. Just my opinion though.

Well, I mean it's annoying. I agree with proto 100%. Ever since the Ecp was announced, I've gotten countless Facebook messages and texts saying "can you give me tips to buy online, this is my first pair of asics and I need them." Or "I'm not really into runners, but these I must have". These people who are messaging and texting me are the same people I see camping for the newest gr Jordan. Think about it, if the Ecp was a gr and went to all Asics accounts would they sell out? Probably not. It's crazy though, how the same people who stood overnight for a gr Jordan are the same people hitting me up daily asking how to cop off of kith and if its "TLO". Just sad and messed up for the people who have been fans of RF for a long time like myself. Just my opinion though.

Im just worried about the instore Miami release, wish RF could give an idea of numbers on pairs so I don't wast time tomorrow.

People like exclusivity, plain and simple.
Also something people forget is that re-selling a pair it's pretty easy and it's EASY MONEY!!!!! Money trumps anything in the world.
Do you remember all the things that you wanted when you were little and your parents couldn't afford. Now those kids can afford their Pokemons and all the candy they want, if they sell a pair of RF asics. So give them a break
If you really love sneakers move to NY, i did it :smile:

camping and resellig are for the homeless. who has time to camp two days to make $200. thats a payout well below minimum wage if you break it down to profit/hr. say you camp one day, thats still barely over $8/hr if you make $200 off them. the simple economics of it baffles me. unless, youre homeless. then make your 8/hr. sir. kid who's camped out to make a few hundred, you are "baller status" just dont get mad when someone tells you a walmart door greater makes as much as you

Last edited:
Would 100-150 pairs of each color at the Miami Stores sound about right or am I dreaming?

BTW I am asking this in comparison to what the NY stores have received for releases obviously no one is 100%.

Last edited:
Jesus christ you guys. What about all the people who bought OG Jordans? Are they the only ones who should be able to buy retros? You guys sound worse than the "kid hypebeasts" you're deriding. 

Would 100-150 pairs of each color at the Miami Stores sound about right or am I dreaming?

BTW I am asking this in comparison to what the NY stores have received for releases obviously no one is 100%.

thats probably accurate

What are the best sites to cop Asics? I was interested in the Kill Bill's, but didn't really have a clue on what sites to cop until they all sold out today.

camping and resellig are for the homeless. who has time to camp two days to make $200. thats a payout well below minimum wage if you break it down to profit/hr. say you camp one day, thats still barely over $8/hr if you make $200 off them. the simple economics of it baffles me. unless, youre homeless. then make your 8/hr. sir. kid who's camped out to make a few hundred, you are "baller status" just dont get mad when someone tells you a walmart door greater makes as much as you
not to mention having to take off of work (well that is if you have a day job) and drop everything "productive" for those days. another thing with that approach to reselling is that unless you have a connection with the store somehow (highly doubtful if you're camping in the first place), if you camp out you're only gonna get one pair per person to sell. Man I can think of a lot more productive ways to spend two days if I'm trying to make some money.  If you want the shoes for yourself though, obviously that's different. But in a sense even camping for your own pair you're essentially putting in "sweat equity" on top of the retail price.

There's an issue for everything in this "culture", when kids decide to buy quality product is an issue, when they decide to buy cheap quality is an issue. Smh. Big ups to those in line at the Miami store that are smart by camping out early and truly want the shoe.. They are obviously camping out early knowing how crazy it gets up in Kith NY and their RF releases.

Back
Top Bottom