Asics Love?!? Where is it?

tbh im glad RF made asics bigger, without him i would not know about the good looking models. Around here the only asics i see on shelves are the really colorful ugly ones.

i'm not even trying to knock the newbies getting into these, or the resellers, that stuff is gonna happen, i've def resold b4, and we def all start somewhere.

but a few years ago it was just a few hundred of us gunning for the 2 - 300 pair he released at david z... and you could still come up short... now tho, it's prolly like 10,000 gunning for like the couple hundred pair released online, and it's mission freaking impossible.

i think it's just part of his "just us" ethos to keep the production numbers low and make them hard to get, and therefore more hyped, and help his name... but the "hardcore heads" are now getting crapped on, and a simple production number boost, to say, 1500, would at least land more pairs into the hands of die hards, and would also help flood the resell market a bit more, so the resell prices wouldn't be so ridiculous for those who missed out for retail.

that's really all i'm trying to say.

i usually hate the "runner elitists" over on sole collector, tho often i see where they're coming from, i don't like that general attitude (i'm also not a fan of "kith" and the "just us" thing, and wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything that said that, i just like some of the shoes the dude has knocked up).

but it's just getting dumb, now even GR's are selling out as soon as they drop, and then 75% of 'em are showing up on ebay for double and triple retail (just like kith releases, usually the next day after a kith release, 75% of their stock is on ebay being resold)...

these are becoming hype beast and reseller shoes more and more, and it just sucks for those of us trying to cop a simple freaking asics GR for retail.

shouts to the cats who've hit me on the low, helping me locate my navy / orange's tho... it's nice to see people helping out, cuz i try to help others out on the regular too.

The only real positive thing I see from Ronnie fiegs contributions is that Asics is opening their eyes and seeing the want for the classic styles and actually delivering, with all the upcoming models.

Damb it....i came in here hoping this wouldn't be the case :lol:

I have 2 pair of gel lyte iii's the all grey (nicekicks callab 2) and leather backs. I honestly can't decide which of the ECP i like better. I think im leaning toward Miami over NY....but now it looks like i won't really have a chance at either since there is all this hype out of no where...

People like exclusivity, plain and simple.
Also something people forget is that re-selling a pair it's pretty easy and it's EASY MONEY!!!!! Money trumps anything in the world.
Do you remember all the things that you wanted when you were little and your parents couldn't afford. Now those kids can afford their Pokemons and all the candy they want, if they sell a pair of RF asics. So give them a break
If you really love sneakers move to NY, i did it :smile:

please tell me your love of sneakers isn't the main reason for moving to NY

Last edited:
i can understand the anger and frustration completely , and it all stems from the true Asics heads feeling under-appreciated . to feel as though you have no choice to purchase something you love and have supported for years because a few people who just came up on the brand have the time and energy to camp outside for days can be extremely frustrating . echoing the same sentiment people above feel -- the fact that GR gel lytes and gel sagas are selling out instantly on several sites like retro Jordans is completely insane

but a few years ago it was just a few hundred of us gunning for the 2 - 300 pair he released at david z... and you could still come up short... now tho, it's prolly like 10,000 gunning for like the couple hundred pair released online, and it's mission freaking impossible.
its actually a LOT more than your current estimate.  for reference there were over 20,000 people online trying to get 300 pairs of leatherbacks over a year and a half ago.  so ya, its safe to say it will be at LEAST double that amount of people now.  good luck to all who want them to keep and wear
Well, I mean it's annoying. I agree with proto 100%. Ever since the Ecp was announced, I've gotten countless Facebook messages and texts saying "can you give me tips to buy online, this is my first pair of asics and I need them." Or "I'm not really into runners, but these I must have". These people who are messaging and texting me are the same people I see camping for the newest gr Jordan. Think about it, if the Ecp was a gr and went to all Asics accounts would they sell out? Probably not. It's crazy though, how the same people who stood overnight for a gr Jordan are the same people hitting me up daily asking how to cop off of kith and if its "TLO". Just sad and messed up for the people who have been fans of RF for a long time like myself. Just my opinion though.
for real, tell em it is TLO through Kiths account, no other way

Hype out of nowhere??? Lol, right

I mean i don't mean to be THAT guy....but i posted on page 1 of this thread....i wouldn't consider myself an old head or been rocking asics for my whole life type of dude...but i remember when there was very little hype....to to me personally....this hype seems extremely higher then what i am used to :lol:

Last edited:
Alright haha, NYC has so much more to offer then that
haha forreal.  

i mean technically speaking, nyc is probably the worst place to go for kicks only because the hype is real out here now haha.  but then again, you said you moved a long time ago, so yea, i can see your justification in your reasoning  
laugh.gif

haha forreal.  

i mean technically speaking, nyc is probably the worst place to go for kicks only because the hype is real out here now haha.  but then again, you said you moved a long time ago, so yea, i can see your justification in your reasoning  
laugh.gif
If you know where to look you should get anything you want. I doesn't hurt knowing a few people ahhaha

Back
Top Bottom