Asics Love?!? Where is it?

now you guys have me wondering about comfort and the lack of consistency between gl iii's. Why would different versions of the same model have more or less comfort? Are you guys referring to the comfort because of the materials on the upper or the cushioning is different depending on the version of gl iii? For example, if I get a pair of Air Max 1's I know how the cushioning will be regardless of the model. So I was just curious if the comments were based on the materials of the upper rather than the cushioning in the sole.
Thats exactly what i was wondering. I think the cushioning has to be the same. Just different uppers. 

I'm really digging those green ones, wow... anyone order from SNS before? any customs fees?

Anything valued $200 and over you should always be prepared to pay customs unless the shipper writes a lower amount on the forms. But buying one pair of these will not be enough to require any customs duty.

Anything valued $200 and over you should always be prepared to pay customs unless the shipper writes a lower amount on the forms. But buying one pair of these will not be enough to require any customs duty.
thanks for the reply, duly noted. looks like I wont be saving as much as I thought this year...

now you guys have me wondering about comfort and the lack of consistency between gl iii's. Why would different versions of the same model have more or less comfort? Are you guys referring to the comfort because of the materials on the upper or the cushioning is different depending on the version of gl iii? For example, if I get a pair of Air Max 1's I know how the cushioning will be regardless of the model. So I was just curious if the comments were based on the materials of the upper rather than the cushioning in the sole.

Its the material of the upper that will make a GL III uncomfortable.

The material on that navy grey pair is terrible and makes the shoe unwearable and uncomfortable IMO.

I think the Urban Camo's are actually pretty comfortable. Maybe they require some breaking in but definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. These on the other hand.............. absolutely terrible. Felt like I was punishing my feet every time I put them on
Ha, that's pretty funny.  These are currently my go-to running shoe right now.  I've put on many miles on dirt and paved trails in this particular color way.

The UCs are probably the worst fitting GL3 pair I own.  Maybe it is just my pair, but the materials feel like cardboard and the fit is tighter than any of my other pairs...which is sad because I love the color blocking and look of the shoe otherwise.  Got them when they released and only wore them twice so far.

Mita x Asics Gel Lyte III 25th anniversary

Ha, that's pretty funny.  These are currently my go-to running shoe right now.  I've put on many miles on dirt and paved trails in this particular color way.

The UCs are probably the worst fitting GL3 pair I own.  Maybe it is just my pair, but the materials feel like cardboard and the fit is tighter than any of my other pairs...which is sad because I love the color blocking and look of the shoe otherwise.  Got them when they released and only wore them twice so far.
Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you say they are your go-to running shoe, yet you've only worn them twice?  Meaning... you don't run very often?

Last edited:

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you say they are your go-to running shoe, yet you've only worn them twice?  Meaning... you don't run very often?
Think he was talking about 2 different shoes. Comfy GL3s were the blue and grays and he runs in. And the UCs felt horrible on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom