Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just got my Packer GLV's in today. Everyone was right about going a half size up(thanks for everyone's help on GLV fitting again btw). They don't nearly look as good in person as they do in photos, but they still look decent. Don't think they're really worth the $185(including shipping) imo though. I don't know if it's strictly due to the Gore Tex material or if it's simply Asics' fit period, but they're still too tight for me. I knew that the material on this particular model would offer very little flexibility. Thing is though, I could barely move my toes up and down inside of them. Needless to say, these are unfortunately going up on the Bay since Packer doesn't accept any returns. These are my very first pair of GLV's so I'm pretty bummed out, since I love the way they look and wanted something fresh and new to me outside of NB's and Nike runners. Hope anybody else who copped was pleased though.
Dont give up on asics just cause of one shoe. My first pair i didnt love either but once i got a pair with great quality leather and suede (Asics GLV gemini) i was hooked. They really are nice shoes. The packer goretex model is kind of an exception...

aw man.. I was thinking the v brazil's was the fieg collab. nvm guys 
laugh.gif

aw man.. I was thinking the v brazil's was the fieg collab. nvm guys 
laugh.gif
lol. The brazil GT II seems to be a bit pricier although those are sitting all over the bay. If people would go lower than 200 i might think about it. I dont have any GT IIs now but the quality looks nice. 

lol. The brazil GT II seems to be a bit pricier although those are sitting all over the bay. If people would go lower than 200 i might think about it. I dont have any GT IIs now but the quality looks nice. 

I've seen multiple DS pairs go for well under retail on eBay. 110-150

GLV's are cool...

Nice soft leather, waxed laces, a nice subtlety you couldn't see online is that the midsole is two tone, it's pure white and off white. The liner/bootie is neoprene, just some leather on the exterior heel.

Craftsmanship-wise...

The stitching on the upper is great, no flaws I can see.. The usual minor midsole flaws, couple wrinkles here, minimal glue/paint.. Real tiny flaws, I'm a very close inspector hahah.
Thanks for the review, appreciate it. I inspect my shoes very close too. :smile: Do you maybe have some unfiltered pictures..? I will probably go after them but need to find another option getting them to Europe... Price for me with Kith international shipping (with duty and taxes) comes to total $301.34. Which is crazy.

Pairs from Blends and Major DC both arrived today. Thanks to the lookouts in this thread!
As a high school art teacher I couldn't resist the double up.

To the above comment of thinner sole for the goretex GLV. Where can I find these insoles?

I used these (however from Europe but they are crafted very, very well and even machine washable - these are made to last forever ;-)):

http://www.galeria-kaufhof.de/store...n/Bama/4008402360452_Bama_Einlegesohlen_Fresh

Btw, they have sort of "active coal particles" Inside to keep your feet and shoes dry and they dont even smell in the summer any more after a long day in Kicks.
Bet you got s/t like that in US, too ;-)

Just copped st Alfred's worn once and they look pretty much perfect aside from tiny glue stains on the suede..

Is the best bet to try and find a suede eraser for that? Thanks in advance guys :nerd:

I was giving those a chance until I noticed the piping. Glad the GRs for next year look so good. Upcoming collabs aren't really doing anything for me.

Back
Top Bottom