Asics Love?!? Where is it?

There are plenty of pairs sitting on eBay at $500-$800 though.

So, either that $2,000 listing that supposedly sold was a tactic used to make people think that's the real going price, or you have someone that has a grip of money and nothing better to do with it.

Either way, if people just practice a little bit of patience and wait for the 10th when at least 50% of the stock on the 10th is thrown on eBay, prices should come down even more.

I'm pretty sure it was a marketing tactic from RF x Kith family. Look at how people responded here and how much hype it's building. There's already a rumor that a "Porsche family in Germany bought it."

I don't buy that one bit. But it's a good marketing strategy nonetheless.

Everyone knows most RF shoes only resells about $250-400 after official release.

I'm pretty sure it was a marketing tactic from RF x Kith family. Look at how people responded here and how much hype it's building. There's already a rumor that a "Porsche family in Germany bought it."

I don't buy that one bit. But it's a good marketing strategy nonetheless.

Everyone knows most RF shoes only resells about $250-400 after official release.
I wasn't bulls*hitting in the slightest, go check out deftronic on twitter, he knew the dude that sold them on eBay, I asked who was crazy enough to pay that and he said that some rich *** European dude apparently related to the Porsche family, at least according to the seller. Obviously that was just a fluke, they were probably the first pair listed in that size and some dude with money to blow just didn't give a damn and wanted to have them first, that's all. Highly doubt this is some conspiracy from kith, they have enough people working the hype machine to begin with. These will drop to an average of about ~300 a day or two after the release, as all his shoes do. But don't expect to pay under 400 on the day of the drop, like every other shoe the first day prices are gonna be higher due to a lot of people that missed out just giving up and taking that route.

Wow, this is about to get real ugly @RonnieFieg: #ECP "@LastNameBall: It's real out there at Kith Manhattan. @RonnieFieg shut down the block. #ECP http://t.co/8JvKW7CUZw"

NYPD is probably like wtf it's a Tuesday night. Neighbors are probably like wtf it's a Tuesday night. Ronnie's probably like I hope someone else tweets another photo of the mayhem so I can RT it from my hotel suite at the W in Miami. More hype for me! :smh:

Ronnie Fieg is an idiot.  
Just wait until tomorrow when that huge unruly crowd of sleep deprived, cranky, and generally pissed off hypebeasts are told that there aren't nearly enough tickets to go around. Ronnie is going to really regret tweeting that pic like it was a good thing.

I wasn't bulls*hitting in the slightest, go check out deftronic on twitter, he knew the dude that sold them on eBay, I asked who was crazy enough to pay that and he said that some rich *** European dude apparently related to the Porsche family, at least according to the seller. Obviously that was just a fluke, they were probably the first pair listed in that size and some dude with money to blow just didn't give a damn and wanted to have them first, that's all. Highly doubt this is some conspiracy from kith, they have enough people working the hype machine to begin with. These will drop to an average of about ~300 a day or two after the release, as all his shoes do. But don't expect to pay under 400 on the day of the drop, like every other shoe the first day prices are gonna be higher due to a lot of people that missed out just giving up and taking that route.

I'm still skeptical. Nothing personal Avengenator. I think the seller and the buyer is the same person, and the seller opened a non-paying dispute on eBay to get his Final Value Fees back. To the public it looks like the shoes were actually sold for $2000 but in reality it didn't. And the beauty of this marketing tactic is that no one can confirm it. So the public has to give the rumor the benefit of the doubt, which hypes up the shoes a lot more.

Any overly hyped shoe has an accompanying ridiculous Ebay "sale" so it can make the rounds of these corny sneaker "blogs". This is not new. Sure, it can happen. Then again, if you are able to afford that price, you are probably also able to gain better connections and you are probably..HOPEFULLY.. a lot smarter with your money

Last edited:

Interesting.. Like you said RF's stuff only go for about $400 MAX, although you have your exceptions (rose golds, salmon toes).

wow, you guys just cant help it can you, smh.  its like im having a deja vu from the yeezy thread. 

the only difference is that yeezys are a SHOE while these are simply a COLORWAY.

and with the numbers that RF has been putting out as of late i would imagine there were close to the same amount of knicks/dolphins produced as there were for the recent asics "GRs"

i guess it was inevitable though, the way these fools are now.  so im just gonna have to say f it, bring em on.  cause the faster they come, the faster they will follow each other on to the next.

Word. I'd say this is one of the more general releases. Notice he didn't go crazy with the hype for the high risks and we all saw how limited those were. He didn't even give them a release date :smh:

These.. I've never seen more hype from the seller/store in my life. It's been like 2 months of non-stop "this is going to change the way stores release products" bs. Has to be a general release and he's just making sure his *** is covered and these will sell out on RD so he post pics of celebs who went to the store in his gear. He posts pics of the mayhem in NYC for tickets.

I don't think our chances are great online... But I do think we have a chance.

Last edited:
I like the Mets/Knicks color way and will attempt to get them. If I do, great but if I don't, I'll be happier with the navy/orange GR I just got in for $95 shipped rather than even thinking about reseller prices. Just not worth it and I could never justify even $400+ for them.

Last edited:
the only difference is that yeezys are a SHOE while these are simply a COLORWAY.
I'd say the big difference is that the asics ECPs are good looking shoes  
laugh.gif
 which you would actually wear...

He did a smart thing by releasing the high risk that way. He creates this thirst and crazyness for his products and as you can see is working! We can bash him all we want, but you got to admit he's a marketing genius

He did a smart thing by releasing the high risk that way. He creates this thirst and crazyness for his products and as you can see is working! We can bash him all we want, but you got to admit he's a marketing genius

Truth.

Alot of dudes are basically criticizing Fieg for doing his job right. The guy is taking advantage of social media and legally marketing his own brand the way he wants to ensure success. Problem???  

The salt levels on Friday are going to raise alot of these kid's blood pressure at such a young age.  
mean.gif

Last edited:
I smell a riot. There's too many heads out here. I know some of these dudes probably won't get their shoes. It's a wrap. Ronnie Fieg and his camp are relishing this. Not even mad at him. I'm mad cause most of these clowns on line are most likely resellers.

i dont wanna see the end result of people not getting their tickets/pairs...  with that big of a crowd, who knows what can happen

He maybe a marketing genious, but I am sure the insurance company for Kith is thinking he is an a**hole right now. I work with attorneys that work for clubs and retail stores. And they all told me the same thing: He is exposing himself to major liability should anything happen with such large crowds, lack of crowd control, and it doesnt help he himself created the situation by telling people to line up since yesterday and by retweeting the pics and not doing anything to make sure things dont escalate.  

Back
Top Bottom