Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I've hated on Ronnie Fieg in the past and was upset at KITH for some of the releases, but this guy is causing camp outs for a non Nike Shoe. Not a retro Jordan, but for a pair of Asics. A pair of Asics......

I gotta applaud him and his team for doing whatever they are doing because its working. I'll try this friday and hopefully I get though and help somebody else

QFT . as annoying as it can be , the fact they have dudes going ballistic for a pair of Asics is absolutely absurd

Last edited:
RF is a marketer, not a designer. His ego has only gotten worse, and MAAAAAN is that b sensitive! That last tweet wasn't even needed. He keeps biting the hands he will go hungry...esp once the trend bubble pops and the true enthusiasts are all thats left.

I've hated on Ronnie Fieg in the past and was upset at KITH for some of the releases, but this guy is causing camp outs for a non Nike Shoe. Not a retro Jordan, but for a pair of Asics. A pair of Asics......
he's just making it more difficult for people who really like Asics., this is what he is really doing...

Last edited:

I gotta applaud him and his team for doing whatever they are doing because its working. I'll try this friday and hopefully I get though and help somebody else
indifferent.gif

how about you just stick to camping out for jordans and nikes since they are the only brands worthy of desire.

i love it when people come in here and are legit shocked that people go hard for any shoe other than nikes/jordans.

truth is, when you really expand into other brands you will discover that jordans are actually the easiest shoes to get.

:stoneface:

how about you just stick to camping out for jordans and nikes since they are the only brands worthy of desire.

i love it when people come in here and are legit shocked that people go hard for any shoe other than nikes/jordans.

truth is, when you really expand into other brands you will discover that jordans are actually the easiest shoes to get.

Speaking of which, I'm actually looking for get into Asics. I admit, I'm late to the party, I've been collecting for quite some times but never really gave Asics the time of day. Is this thread a good place to start? One of my boys at work sent me the link, but I'm not getting much info here. Just alot of posts condemning the hype, lol.

Interesting.. Like you said RF's stuff only go for about $400 MAX, although you have your exceptions (rose golds, salmon toes).

Even Rose Golds sell for under $400. Everyone asks for $400+, but nobody buys it for that price. The only RF shoes I've seen that actually sold for $400+ was Salmon Toes.

Asking Price (Hype Price) vs Actual Selling Price (Real Market Price Trend)

Speaking of which, I'm actually looking for get into Asics. I admit, I'm late to the party, I've been collecting for quite some times but never really gave Asics the time of day. Is this thread a good place to start? One of my boys at work sent me the link, but I'm not getting much info here. Just alot of posts condemning the hype, lol.
I don't even know what to tell you man. At this point your best bet may be to wait until a couple weeks after the Kith ecp drop and check back in, this thread gets consumed by Fieg releases. also ISS has separate threads for Fieg Asics and all other Asics, you might be better off there for the time being.  Read through some of the old pages of this thread though, you might find something that gets the ball rolling for you.

*This was all said under the assumption that you are looking for info on the Asics retros and not the performance runners.

Last edited:
Can anyone shed light on the fit of the ecp asics?  They have a special memory foam insole (sewn in, i believe) for this release and I was just wondering if it alters the fit compared to previous Gel Lyte iii's.

I don't even know what to tell you man. At this point your best bet may be to wait until a couple weeks after the Kith ecp drop and check back in, this thread gets consumed by Fieg releases. also ISS has separate threads for Fieg Asics and all other Asics, you might be better off there for the time being.  Read through some of the old pages of this thread though, you might find something that gets the ball rolling for you.

*This was all said under the assumption that you are looking for info on the Asics retros and not the performance runners.

Thanks man. Quick question, do these run TTS? I've seen the ECP joints and I like them, but I'm looking for something a little more subtle, haha. I've found a pair that I want to purchase, but before I pull the trigger I want to know about the sizing.

Can anyone shed light on the fit of the ecp asics?  They have a special memory foam insole (sewn in, i believe) for this release and I was just wondering if it alters the fit compared to previous Gel Lyte iii's.

This is interesting anyone know. would love if they fit just a tad bit tighter because of it :nerd: :nerd:

And size wise for GL3s id say generally true to size. I am a 10.5 in most recent jordan releases (haven't bought any in a while but blk cmnt 3s and wht cmnt 4s are 10.5 fit perfect) I am an 11 in Roshe's and an 11 in GL3s. My leather backs are a 10.5 and fit tight would rather have an 11. hope that helps let me know if you want any other shoe references for size. (11 in free runs as well)

I agree with what the majority is saying here. I respect RF as a businessman. He uses modern marketing tools (Twitter, Instgram) really well to promote himself and his products.

But as a consumer of his products, I can see through his gimmicks on the ECP release. The Knicks and Dolphin's color scheme is ALRIGHT at best. Even though the Knicks are ugly people want them because it represents New York x RF. The Dolphin's are trendy (pastel color is in for Summer 2013) but if you're not into dressing like that you're going to have a hard time finding an outfit for it.

So for me personally, I don't care much about the ECP release. I'll try to buy'em when they release because I know I can get good trades for it, but I'm not going to be mad if I strike out.

Thanks man. Quick question, do these run TTS? I've seen the ECP joints and I like them, but I'm looking for something a little more subtle, haha. I've found a pair that I want to purchase, but before I pull the trigger I want to know about the sizing.
And size wise for GL3s id say generally true to size. I am a 10.5 in most recent jordan releases (haven't bought any in a while but blk cmnt 3s and wht cmnt 4s are 10.5 fit perfect) I am an 11 in Roshe's and an 11 in GL3s. My leather backs are a 10.5 and fit tight would rather have an 11. hope that helps let me know if you want any other shoe references for size. (11 in free runs as well)
^ What Jking said...This is my exact situation for every shoe he listed, (including the Leatherbacks, what a coincidence).  The only difference is that my TTS is 12 

indifferent.gif

Here is reality bruh, when you see these sneaker camp outs in the states, its mostly if not all for Nike Sneakers. Whether its a galaxy shoe, a Retro Jordan, a Yeezy or anything else. I'm applauding Kith and Fiegs success of drawing a crowd for a non Nike shoe. I'm not "legit" shocked about it, but I will say its something different that isn't always seen. Especially considering the perception of Asics in America.

What I'm lost at is how you made the bold statement when I didn't provide any substance for you to draw that conclusion. 
Even Rose Golds sell for under $400. Everyone asks for $400+, but nobody buys it for that price. The only RF shoes I've seen that actually sold for $400+ was Salmon Toes.

Asking Price (Hype Price) vs Actual Selling Price (Real Market Price Trend)
As basic the colors are(its just NY knicks and Miami Dolphin colorways) these shoes will go for more than the typical RF shoe. Euro buyers will spend good money on these.

:stoneface:

i respectfully disagree

other brands require more research and knowledge than Jordans to figure out when & where they are releasing, but are not more difficult to actually acquire . if you compare them release type vs release type (GR release for Adidas/Asics/NB/Reebok vs GR release for Jordan) its not even close

Last edited:
i respectfully disagree

other brands require more research and knowledge than Jordans to figure out when & where they are releasing, but are not more difficult to actually acquire . if you compare them release type vs release type (GR release for Adidas/Asics/NB/Reebok vs GR release for Jordan) its not even close
Its only harder to get RF releases because of their flawed system(I know you guys remember one of the past release with the "password") and small quantities.  The demand for Jordans and other Nike's is WAYYYY higher and the quantity almost never meets the demand.

Last edited:
I agree with what the majority is saying here. I respect RF as a businessman. He uses modern marketing tools (Twitter, Instgram) really well to promote himself and his products.

But as a consumer of his products, I can see through his gimmicks on the ECP release. The Knicks and Dolphin's color scheme is ALRIGHT at best. Even though the Knicks are ugly people want them because it represents New York x RF. The Dolphin's are trendy (pastel color is in for Summer 2013) but if you're not into dressing like that you're going to have a hard time finding an outfit for it.

So for me personally, I don't care much about the ECP release. I'll try to buy'em when they release because I know I can get good trades for it, but I'm not going to be mad if I strike out.

Are you sure you don't care much about the ECP release because you've basically written a novel about them from your past few posts alone? Just let it be and don't try to fight it. You really do just sound like a reseller (nothing wrong with being a reseller) who will be missing out on making some cash on this release and is currently in denial...

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn't hating on RFs marketing strategies at all, I was just saying that tweeting out pics of an unruly mob isn't the smartest thing to do from an insurance standpoint. Basically says hey I like it when you guys have zero order for these releases, I condone it, hell even support it. So make sure to send me some more pics I can tweet out. Stuff like that really makes lawyers and insurance agents cringe. Not to mention it makes your neighbors and the police quite a bit angry. It would be like nike tweeting out pics of the concord riots and saying good job guys.

If anything I just hope this makes him have future releases a bit more controlled, because no shoe. To me. Is worth dealing with the potential of violence and people really getting hurt. All it takes is one pissed off nut with a knife and boom someone is dead, all for a pair of SHOES.

Last edited:
Its only harder to get RF releases because of their flawed system(I know you guys remember one of the past release with the "password") and small quantities.  The demand for Jordans and other Nike's is WAYYYY higher and the quantity almost never meets the demand.
I would argue that their system isn't flawed. Yes, they have had a few hiccups, such as the password thing, but generally, I think they have been pretty good. The real problem is the quantities made, although I don't personally have a problem with these either. If he wants to make shoes exclusive and in low numbers, so be it.

It's very difficult to compare RF's releases to Jordans though when up until this ECP release with the pop-up shop in Miami, you can only buy Fieg's shoes at TWO stores located in the most populated, shoe-crazed city in the USA, as well as the few FSRs that he puts up online. Yes, there are way more people interested in Jordans, but they release at almost every chain store in the country. I also would not discount the interest in runners/trainers at the moment. It's probably at an all-time high.

damn had to put in work at both lines....Bodied BK...decent number at Kith Soho
There's probably 300 Pairs of each color way in each location

Prez i dont really understand your statement. 

Dirty, yes the password prompt was a mistake, but that was the first time it ever happened.  the demand for nikes/jordans is higher only in respect to the amount of people, not the amount of shoes produced.  if you want to compare then you need to compare by percentages.

Asics X RF Leatherbacks:  about 300 produced, about 30,000 people wanted them

Jordan XI Black/reds:  about 500,000 produced, maybe one million wanted them.

Was the supply less than the demand in each case? of course.  But look at the ratios.  Roughly half the people should have been able to get jordans but only one percent who wanted them were able to get the leatherbacks.

Add the fact that RF asics are only sold out of Kith stores (two permanent at this point) and through their webpage and it is pretty amazing that the big releases have gone off with only minor issues on a couple of them.

jordan xis on the other hand were and are still being sold out of every retail spot you can think of across the WORLD.

trust me, there is no comparison.  jordans are one of, if not the easiest shoes to get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom