Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Why the **** would that many people stay there? How many pairs of shoes do they think there are?

i dont understand why people are going crazy. over 480 pairs in miami. 200 each for both stores and who knows how many pairs online. this means that easily 1000 pairs are released, thats 3 times his usual releases....

damn, it was raining hard as hell this morning too.  hope you guys lining up were prepared for that craziness

He did a smart thing by releasing the high risk that way. He creates this thirst and crazyness for his products and as you can see is working! We can bash him all we want, but you got to admit he's a marketing genius
Yupp, I agree. He's a student of Nike/JB's marketing tactics. Reebok, Adidas, and Fila take note. Even Ewing Athletics has a pretty solid strategy.

He did a smart thing by releasing the high risk that way. He creates this thirst and crazyness for his products and as you can see is working! We can bash him all we want, but you got to admit he's a marketing genius
what was so smart about the high risk drop?  kind of botched the release imo.  late night kithstrike and then a random thursday instore only release.  the supreme kiddies gobbled up a lot of those pairs and just flipped em.  the release didn't give anyone out of NYC much of a chance to cop for retail.

what was so smart about the high risk drop?  kind of botched the release imo.  late night kithstrike and then a random thursday instore only release.  the supreme kiddies gobbled up a lot of those pairs and just flipped em.  the release didn't give anyone out of NYC much of a chance to cop for retail.
What was smart was he left a lot of people who didn't buy thirsty for a pair. It was a limited release. After that I'm sure a lot of people were thinking they can't strike out on the next RF release. Also pairs were fetching a lot of $$ on eBay. That all creates hype for his branding.

Fast forward to today and he's got a ton of hype generated because he's been talking about this release for a while now. Lots of things done to make it known he has a release coming up. Celebs appeared, pop up stores, a clothing line, a book... A book lol, he tweeted and RT and blogged about it to death.

This release will make him a huge chunk of change. Because after adding it all up it seems like this will be his biggest release ever. Most widespread that is. He's generated all this attention and I'm willing to bet he's got more pairs then ever for this release. Great timing too. Did it in a safe time. Knicks advance to second round. If he waited any longer Pacers might've knocked them out and made this release a little less desirable for some.

Point is more hype, more pairs, more money.

High risk was hype generated by customers, less pairs, less money for essentially there to be more interest in the future.

i wouldn't be surprised if he has a crapload ton of pairs for the online release.  if all his pairs before sold out with the quickness for what, 300 pairs per release?  there must have been a reason he generated all this hype for that long because he's probably trying to unload 1000+ pairs.. and good enough, they'll still all sell out

The high risk drop just proved that he doesn't need to market his shoes and they will sell.  IMO that drop has absolutely nothing to do with the ECP.  This is his marketing "baby" and it's working out perfectly in his favor(and maybe ours).  hype or no hype, his shoes will sell out.

Last edited:
It's a monsoon out here in NYC. Smell like wet hypebeasts and resellers in soho right now
laugh.gif
roll.gif

cloudy with a high chance of resell 
laugh.gif

B]Great timing too. Did it in a safe time. Knicks advance to second round. If he waited any longer Pacers might've knocked them out and made this release a little less desirable for some.[/B]
Haha! You question if I'm from NY yet it looks you're not either despite actually living there. The Knicks probably have the deepest fan-base in all of sports. (Literally, ride-or-die fans.) The outcome of the Knicks/Pacers series would have no effect on this release whatsoever. If this was a completely different colorway, the same results would still occur regardless of affiliation. As for everything else you said, it's just a regurgitation of what everyone else has said. (i.e. pointless). Just appears that a lot of Salty Sallys have become premier marketing & strategy "experts" overnight...

The high risk drop just proved that he doesn't need to market his shoes and they will sell.  IMO that drop has absolutely nothing to do with the ECP.  This is his marketing "baby" and it's working out perfectly in his favor(and maybe ours).  hype or no hype, his shoes will sell out.
Agreed...

90% of the KITH Asics sell out on their site anyway.

This was all for marketing and to get the brand bigger. The sales don't matter as much as gaining this type of hype on all releases.

I'm sure he is hitting his employees and boys off with these so they can re-sell.

Got tat ticket !! Idk how the list is full if they were still takin names on kith NYC, and a lot of plp didn't show up, I went down 20 spots from yesterday

What was smart was he left a lot of people who didn't buy thirsty for a pair. It was a limited release. After that I'm sure a lot of people were thinking they can't strike out on the next RF release. Also pairs were fetching a lot of $$ on eBay. That all creates hype for his branding.

Fast forward to today and he's got a ton of hype generated because he's been talking about this release for a while now. Lots of things done to make it known he has a release coming up. Celebs appeared, pop up stores, a clothing line, a book... A book lol, he tweeted and RT and blogged about it to death.

This release will make him a huge chunk of change. Because after adding it all up it seems like this will be his biggest release ever. Most widespread that is. He's generated all this attention and I'm willing to bet he's got more pairs then ever for this release. Great timing too. Did it in a safe time. Knicks advance to second round. If he waited any longer Pacers might've knocked them out and made this release a little less desirable for some.

Point is more hype, more pairs, more money.

High risk was hype generated by customers, less pairs, less money for essentially there to be more interest in the future.
Thank you

Why the **** would that many people stay there? How many pairs of shoes do they think there are?
I've hated on Ronnie Fieg in the past and was upset at KITH for some of the releases, but this guy is causing camp outs for a non Nike Shoe. Not a retro Jordan, but for a pair of Asics. A pair of Asics......

I gotta applaud him and his team for doing whatever they are doing because its working. I'll try this friday and hopefully I get though and help somebody else

Back
Top Bottom