Asics Love?!? Where is it?

this is goin to sound stupid but whatd did you say to the cashiers? swear every effing time I roll to a FTL and ask about doing a store order the associate looks at me like i dont wtf i'm talking about

this is goin to sound stupid but whatd did you say to the cashiers? swear every effing time I roll to a FTL and ask about doing a store order the associate looks at me like i dont wtf i'm talking about

im curious about that too because that's the same reaction i get. every time. it's like a mystery doing a special order there.

Just tell them you'd like to do an inventory search/locate and that you have the SKU (upper left hand corner of the boxes in my pic - says SKU). Unfortunately, when you get some lame or lazies, they act dumb or pretend like they don't know what you're talking about. For instance, I live in Houston, grew up in FL and an FSU fan. I called the Tallahassee Champs since I knew they had FSU Hypercrosses with a SKU on hand and requested they do an inventory locate. Poor dumb girl, bless her heart, asked the manager how to do it. After a few minutes of hearing the manager in the background insisting they can't do it, I ask for her to pass the phone the manger. Manger proceeded to lie, in not so many words, I told her she was full of shyyyt. And point blank asked her, can you not do it or you're not willing to? Let me know, because I'll gladly take your name and call corporate. After getting huffy and puffy, she located a Champs about 20 miles from me with my size.

What boils down to is this. If the associate honestly looks perplexed/uneducated on that ability, ask for a manager to do it. If the manager doesn't appear to be lying ... well they have no business running that store. Unfortunately, some of us know more about their capabilities than the workers themselves. They're simply collecting  a paycheck and don't have the same affinity for shoes as we do. If either of you run into any issues, feel free to PM. Sadly, I've had to orchestrate store-to=store transfers because the employees were either too lazy or dumb.
QFT

You mightve been the one that helped me get the black/tans last year. Cant remember. Anyways, younger girl had no clue how to search for an SKU. Asked for the manager to do it and fortunately he wasn't a lazy prick and found a pair for me in the east coast.

BTW: One of the best GRs Asics has come out with. Got it for around $60 after rewards :smokin

jesus everytime i ask they always think I'm asking for an in-store online order and i'm just like, no I want you to do a store inventory check with an sku...

New guy here 250 Shipped for DS  coves size 9.5?
If that was a size 10 I'd buy without hesitation. All I'm seeing is $300+
Been seeing Coves for $250ish on FB. Actually grabbed Mints for $250 last night after negotiating on the Bay; let's hope they're as advertised.The FB pair had a few glue stains I wasn't feeling at the same price point, so I passed, but the guy had a ton of references, sent all the pics I requested and seemed like an honest Abe. Same as the eBay'er.

Last edited:

Mean amongst the Vs? Or you're saying it's better than the 25 anny IIIs?
Just in Comparison to III's and not really saying that its better  than 25 aniv. but I  think its a shoe that stands out more nicely in a collection. 

Almost passed in dalis but glad I didn't, feel real good on foot

Can someone please find me that post explaining how the Da Vincis were originally slated to be just a Friends & Family release. I know I read that somewhere but I just can't find it. Thanks.

I figured it was mentioned in here but with all the box questions etc, maybe it wasnt. the story I got in a nutshell is this:

These were originally planned as a FnF alongside Gemini release. Some said it was slated to be a release alongside gemini as an instore but was scrapped, but from what I hear it was FnF that was also supposed to be scrapped.

Somehow they were produced anyway via asics EU in a small run. Thus the rumor that some EU shops may get them. 

So the shoes HAVE been around for a bit which is the reason for the old box.

I tend to believe this because so many people who would know have said it. I guess we will see. 

Regardless it is a nice shoe, I prefer this to the gemini. Would I spend resale? Probably not, but I don't do that for many shoes anyway. They are def nicer cw wise in hand, at least IMO.

Can someone please find me that post explaining how the Da Vincis were originally slated to be just a Friends & Family release. I know I read that somewhere but I just can't find it. Thanks.
There is definitely something different about the DaVinci box that leads me to believe that these initially weren't going to come out. There is a weird ASICS label stuck over the regular asics label on my pair. They are definitely legit, as they also have the Commonwealth price tag, postcard, and sketch book. Anybody else see this weird label too?

Yeah, I have two labels both have the Natural/Frappe listed as the colorway. The label underneath looks like the normal Asics label on my past boxes.

Have a slight blowout on the inside of the shoe. I ain't tripping cause I'm the only one that's gonna notice. Materials are nice, suede ain't comparable to NB. Leather is ok. Overall I like the colors and the colorway is unlike anything I have so far. Looks like my sock liner is going to turn blue.

Back
Top Bottom