Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Asics Gel Lyte 3 "Vanda"

on feet

review

Thoughts?

They're horrible and look like something Hello Kitty would wear lol. I'm glad they're quarantined in Asia.  haha.

Honestly, hopefully the Singaporean's enjoy them. It does have some country significance to them, which is always good.

Last edited:
They're horrible and look like something Hello Kitty would wear lol. I'm glad they're quarantined in Asia.  haha.

Honestly, hopefully the Singaporean's enjoy them. It does have some country significance to them, which is always good.
Trust me, we hate them. And the best part is Ltd edt was hyping them up to be the biggest gl3 release ever.

I'm Singaporean, and Limited Edt kinda went overboard with the execution.

The print is great no doubt, but instead of just slapping it all over the upper I would've appreciated it more if they had gone a more subtle route and just used the colours as inspiration (ala Size? Iris GL3s). Put the print on the insole or liner and it may have been a pretty sick.

As much as I'd like to represent my home, i just can't see myself wearing it unfortunately.

And man our Singaporean accent is so distinct..

Last edited:
The print is great no doubt, but instead of just slapping it all over the upper I would've appreciated it more if they had gone a more subtle route and just used the colours as inspiration (ala Size? Iris GL3s). Put the print on the insole or liner and it may have been a pretty sick.

As much as I'd like to represent my home, i just can't see myself wearing it unfortunately.

And man our Singaporean accent is so distinct..
Agreed man, first the merlion and then the national flower? Was hoping for a less obvious collab inspiration but meh...

Simi sai SG50.. lol

But yeah i'm all for the Singapore theme though, super proud we're 50 years old, but man.. don't need to be so obvious and enthusiastic about it that you have to slap on 10 different things on a shoe. The colours on the Puma BOG was actually pretty nice, but 3M and pony hair and fishscales is just OD.

Simi sai SG50.. lol

But yeah i'm all for the Singapore theme though, super proud we're 50 years old, but man.. don't need to be so obvious and enthusiastic about it that you have to slap on 10 different things on a shoe. The colours on the Puma BOG was actually pretty nice, but 3M and pony hair and fishscales is just OD.
Hahah cus' everything this year also SG50 mah. Agree with you man, they should just use the colours instead.

As they have with pretty much every collab...most recently the snakeskin and patent for the Reebok Ventilators, and the last one with Puma was appalling. Pony hair or fish scales(!) would have been dicey propositions on their own, but throw all of these into a shoe, add goofy-*** rope laces as a bonus and we have one of the worst collabs of the year IMHO.

I'm also Singaporean, and in all my years of sneaker collecting I've not seen a LE collab worth putting down my hard-earned cash for. I'd LOVE to do it but their everything-but-the-kitchen-sink design sensibilities are truly offensive.

The floral print they cooked up for the GL3 is actually pretty nice, too bad LE chose to implement it in the worst way possible. oh well

As they have with pretty much every collab...most recently the snakeskin and patent for the Reebok Ventilators, and the last one with Puma was appalling. Pony hair or fish scales(!) would have been dicey propositions on their own, but throw all of these into a shoe, add goofy-*** rope laces as a bonus and we have one of the worst collabs of the year IMHO.

I'm also Singaporean, and in all my years of sneaker collecting I've not seen a LE collab worth putting down my hard-earned cash for. I'd LOVE to do it but their everything-but-the-kitchen-sink design sensibilities are truly offensive.

The floral print they cooked up for the GL3 is actually pretty nice, too bad LE chose to implement it in the worst way possible. oh well
I quite like the instapumps heh. Sparkly and ****. But yeah the puma BOGs are sitting at all the LES, and I expect these to sit as well.

Teal is dope, not sold on the other color ways.

Last edited:

Quarantined?

Those Concepts look nice to me mismatched or not.
Reminds me of lance mountains, and will prob be an instant cop

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I think they're an Asia exclusive and not coming to the States.
Lol i hope so
Too much going on in one shoe

Yeah. I'm sure someone likes them. But apparently, even our resident Singaporeans in thr forum aren't very fond of them either. Hell, even the poor kid in the video I believe spent all that money for the freaking box. Can't say I've ever done that before. I mean, I've wanted a special box for a shoe I like, but not going to spend and exhorbitant amount for it. Not like I wear the thing. Sorry if the reply is filled with typos, I'm mobile.

I wanted the Vandas but seriously...  $250 shipped and possible customs fees makes the purchase too outrageous.  I'll see if other sites post them up in the regular box for a lower price.  If they do, I might pull the trigger.

The more I see the Vanda, the more I want a pair. It is a bit much, but I think they might look good with a simple outfit. They have them up in Tokyo, but only instore. Too far for me lol

Back
Top Bottom