Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just got my pair of st alfreds...

I don't know what to think about them, quality is dope tho but they really look like an old man shoe^  

tan laces >

Last edited:
Just got my pair of st alfreds...
they really look like an old man shoe^ 

:lol:

exactly... that or a hippie shoe, like they stepped in mud so much at hippie festivals that it's permanently stained the midsole... :lol:

those kithstrike's yesterday are a dope colorway, i remember seeing them on PYS and wishing they weren't a women's colorway... and i'll get over the patent cuz i like 'em enough... trying to track down a 12 tho without feeling wack for paying so much over retail is gonna be a challenge tho, cuz of course the beasts and resellers are all over 'em... :smh:

I would take the St. Alfred's all day over that reverse Blueberry colorway! Patent leather is a huge drawback unless they are Jordan 11's. Especially at resell prices I see for over $200

Last edited:
I would take the St. Alfred's all day over that reverse Blueberry colorway! Patent leather is a huge drawback unless they are Jordan 11's.
Ditto. PL just doesn't look right on runners. That's why many of RFs earlier designs look like such total ****e.

I would take the St. Alfred's all day over that reverse Blueberry colorway! Patent leather is a huge drawback unless they are Jordan 11's. Especially at resell prices I see for over $200
That's a stretch. Only similarity I see is that the blues are close on each and the fact that they are the same model. The color blocking and materials are all different.

Just saw these again on BAITMe.com

yeah, just different tastes i suppose.

the st. alfred's do absolutely nothing for me, quality materials or not...

and i can see the blueberry reference (i love blueberry's, despite the patent)...

but i think they look more like these stash's actually:

I emailed Matt at kith and he said they don't come with round laces.. So I don't think they're budging right now on shipping them.. And he was dealing with my order before it was bein shipped out. It would have been cool if they woulda thrown them in.

I got y st alfred yesterday and i love them so much. Especially with the tan laces. Idk why everyone is hating on them meh

i think the tan laces actually bring them together better, makes the yellowed midsole not stick out like an old, peed on, sore thumb... :lol:

they're just washed out colors, man. it's obvious what they were going for, but it's not for everyone (just like louder colorways aren't for everyone either)... i like toned down colorways sometimes, but not to that extreme... i'm also not a big fan of the yellowed, "vintage" midsoles on some of nike's retro's, if i have a yellowed shoe i want it to be because it's actually really vintage... i know that's prolly not why they made the midsole yellow on these, but it still has that look / effect.

i don't necessarily hate the st. alfred's, just not into them enough to spend money on them, and would likely hardly ever wear them (maybe a beach shoe or something)... and i still think most people are beasting on them cuz they're new to asics and want the hottest new hyped up collab... if it were a GR, most of y'all woulda hated mad hard on them and easily passed.

Last edited:
Ppl always complain about the prices but I guess I'm just used to paying $160 for **** quality shoes so $132 isn't bad for good quality ones *kanye shrug*

Back
Top Bottom