Asics Love?!? Where is it?

thats funny cause i never had believed that they went MAIN-mainstream until a couple weeks ago when i was in a jimmy jazz and the employees were straight up beasting over the gl3 super reds i was wearing.  they didnt even know what they were aside from the fact they were asics.  kept talking about how they needed to get some asics and asking where i got mine...
^ same thing happened to me in FL some weeks ago...

Some of you guys get way too personal on here...LOL at dude looking up Proto and then trying to bash him because you have a different taste in music than he does.

I don't think I'd seen anything about these, it's impossible to try to look through because this thread's a nightmare with all the BS but does anyone know anything...I guess they're a fall GR? I'm into them, simple NB-esque colorway.

I don't think I'd seen anything about these, it's impossible to try to look through because this thread's a nightmare with all the BS but does anyone know anything...I guess they're a fall GR? I'm into them, simple NB-esque colorway.
I knew it reminded me of something!    

LOL what the **** does Proto's DJ career have to do with anything? That's comical. Dudes are reaching for insults because he's expressing his views on an ugly shoe

Told you guys to ignore that DJ Proto kid.

What difference does it make if the Sta's were GR? Wouldn't they look exactly the same? :lol:. A nice looking shoe = a nice looking shoe. PERIOD. we don't need these kids in this thread talking about how bad the shoe sucks on every page. It's useless and a waste of a read. Just keep it moving and shut up.

@MayorofNYC^^ we all might want to think that shoes today are purchased SOLEY on appearance, but lets be honest. Thats not the only factor and we all know it. I know I'm beating a dead horse here: the "game" (for lack of a better word) is driven by hype and that's no surprise. If 200 pairs of a hideous shoe releases, it's going to sell out regardless of how it looks. Again, that's no surprise. If these were a FootAction GR do you really think they'd be on ebay for those prices? No, they wouldn't be. So yes it would matter if they were a GR. The shoe would look the same but the demand for it would be quite different.

Last edited:
Told you guys to ignore that DJ Proto kid.

What difference does it make if the Sta's were GR? Wouldn't they look exactly the same?
laugh.gif
. A nice looking shoe = a nice looking shoe. PERIOD. we don't need these kids in this thread talking about how bad the shoe sucks on every page. It's useless and a waste of a read. Just keep it moving and shut up.
+1 ... If you don't like the shoe, don't buy it.

^chill with that... Less ppl the better, however, I am not so sure how many ppl actually view this thread. I gotta help them chances any way possible :smile:

Last edited:
Man this thread, when I saw that it moved like 30 new posts I assumed that some new collab had leaked or something..... Come in here to find a bunch of dudes arguing about who's OPINION is right. But then again this is the Internet, so opinion=fact.

@MayorofNYC^^ we all might want to think that shoes today are purchased SOLEY on appearance, but lets be honest. Thats not the only factor and we all know it. I know I'm beating a dead horse here: the "game" (for lack of a better word) is driven by hype and that's no surprise. If 200 pairs of a hideous shoe releases, it's going to sell out regardless of how it looks. Again, that's no surprise. If these were a FootAction GR do you really think they'd be on ebay for those prices? No, they wouldn't be. So yes it would matter if they were a GR. The shoe would look the same but the demand for it would be quite different.

You just said if 200 of a shoe releases, it will sell out....why wouldn't it? There's only 200 pairs :lol:.

You just said if 200 of a shoe releases, it will sell out....why wouldn't it? There's only 200 pairs :lol:.
I should clarify: it will sell out and 80% will be on ebay the next day. It won't sell out in 5 seconds because people want to wear it. Idk why I'm explaining this... We see this with SO many releases now whether it be Nike, Asics or what have you. But the fact still stands if the STAs were a FootAction GR, they would be available right now and pairs would not be on ebay for 300+. We all know that it. It isn't a big mystery that exclusivity is a driving factor here. So yeah, if it was a GR, things would be different

I should clarify: it will sell out and 80% will be on ebay the next day. It won't sell out in 5 seconds because people want to wear it. Idk why I'm explaining this... We see this with SO many releases now whether it be Nike, Asics or what have you. But the fact still stands if the STAs were a FootAction GR, they would be available right now and pairs would not be on ebay for 300+. We all know that it. It isn't a big mystery that exclusivity is a driving factor here. So yeah, if it was a GR, things would be different

So who's to blame? That's the resellers fault. They thrive on releases like these. The problem with some is that y'all let that issue take away from the actual shoe. Besides all that, the shoe is nice imo.

Back
Top Bottom