Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Damn people who ordered from 2nd release might be screwed... Just speculating.

Double retail?
laugh.gif
Most definitely.  For how few pairs made it stateside.  Atmos NYC had 60.  Ubiq got less than that supposedly and that was for online and in store.  I just got shipping confirmation email from Ubiq.  Supposedly quite a few who ordered from them are going to get cancellations.  The Slam Jams were at one point selling as high as $400.  These are much much more limited than those and much more unique.  $320 is double retail.  Sorry homie but that isn't hard to fathom at all.  There's several pairs already for sale higher than that.  

Got a 6 along with the 7 tried to grab any size to trade or sale for my true size. Didn't think 6 went through but guess it did. Probably 6 will get canceled only got email confirmation on 7 so far.

$240 shipped is best I found for my size.  With all of this limited availability, I might just have to pull the trigger now.

$240 shipped is best I found for my size.  With all of this limited availability, I might just have to pull the trigger now.
Yeah that dude that said retail had completely lost his mind.  Must have been one of those dudes high as all hell in line with me today to pick up our J's.  Nobody on the resell market is getting these near retail.  He may or may not have been trying to do it but I laugh at every release at the guys posting about shoes sitting on shelves or going for close to retail that post it everywhere they can thinking they'll influence prices.  Some of us actually kop these from retailers to wear them.  A lot of us do actually.  Very very few of these will actually make it to resale.  I've noticed quite a few "resellers" remove their listings already because they didn't get the shoes.  They were super limited.  

Yeah that dude that said retail had completely lost his mind.  Must have been one of those dudes high as all hell in line with me today to pick up our J's.  Nobody on the resell market is getting these near retail.  He may or may not have been trying to do it but I laugh at every release at the guys posting about shoes sitting on shelves or going for close to retail that post it everywhere they can thinking they'll influence prices.  Some of us actually kop these from retailers to wear them.  A lot of us do actually.  Very very few of these will actually make it to resale.  I've noticed quite a few "resellers" remove their listings already because they didn't get the shoes.  They were super limited.  
What I'm wondering is, why was Ubiq the only boutique stateside that got these?

The high as hell in line part 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

What I'm wondering is, why was Ubiq the only boutique stateside that got these?

The high as hell in line part 
laugh.gif
No clue on why different boutiques get chosen but unless they decide to release more of these this was a super limited release.  I mean these were sold out on Ubiq at 9:59 in all the normal sizes...weren't even supposed to be on sale until 10.  I got lucky refreshing the page at 9:55 and they had released.  I got them and I still can't stand when stores do that.  I had people trying to get today's J's and these and when stuff doesn't release when it's supposed to it makes it tough.  

the reason that Ubiq gets Atmos releases is because they are owned by the same company...some of you might know this, but Ubiq is originally a sneaker brand out of japan from back in the day, and then they set up shop in Philly in the late 90's as a sneaker boutique, for the US market. 

anyway, i walked by Ubiq last night around 10 pm and there were 3 people camping overnight in line, i asked for what and they said Jordans. so i went home and went to bed.

woke up at 7, went a doctors appointment and made it to Ubiq around 730 am. there were about 16 people in front of me, mostly for jordans, not bad at all, i figured i had a really good chance..a handful of people wanted the asics, but no one else was in my size. Just like every Ubiq release, a mob of people show up 30 min. before doors open and bully their way to the front. they buy whatever is available and re-sell/ebay them. sometimes the people dont even know what shoes are coming out that day. the staff members dont do anything about it and do no regulating of the line or any sort of crowd control. the front of line is no longer a single file line and just a messy blob of random people. the people in the back get pissed and the people in the front are laughing. the staff opens up shop and doesnt do anything about it. some people got lucky, some didnt. by the time i got to the door it was around 11 am, they didnt have my size (8) and told me they had a size 9. i declined and walked out empty handed. 

the in-store experience at ubiq is just as bad as the online experience

the reason that Ubiq gets Atmos releases is because they are owned by the same company...some of you might know this, but Ubiq is originally a sneaker brand out of japan from back in the day, and then they set up shop in Philly in the late 90's as a sneaker boutique, for the US market. 

anyway, i walked by Ubiq last night around 10 pm and there were 3 people camping overnight in line, i asked for what and they said Jordans. so i went home and went to bed.

woke up at 7, went a doctors appointment and made it to Ubiq around 730 am. there were about 16 people in front of me, mostly for jordans, not bad at all, i figured i had a really good chance..a handful of people wanted the asics, but no one else was in my size. Just like every Ubiq release, a mob of people show up 30 min. before doors open and bully their way to the front. they buy whatever is available and re-sell/ebay them. sometimes the people dont even know what shoes are coming out that day. the staff members dont do anything about it and do no regulating of the line or any sort of crowd control. the front of line is no longer a single file line and just a messy blob of random people. the people in the back get pissed and the people in the front are laughing. the staff opens up shop and doesnt do anything about it. some people got lucky, some didnt. by the time i got to the door it was around 11 am, they didnt have my size (8) and told me they had a size 9. i declined and walked out empty handed. 

There he is..

this is why i camp or line up for no shoe...online or bust lol

Atmosnyc was a mess too but at least a list was handed to the employees so no one got skipped...smh you would think a shop like ubiq would've learned how to hold a release by now

the thirst for the atmos is crazy. i actually prefer the glv version much more. the gl3 was another i would cop if i could get for retail and since that did not work its on to the next one.

i'm prob just a old fart but i thought the colette nb 580 was best release of the day and they are sitting.

sounds like supreme releases , why I dont even bother to camp unless I know I will be top 5 in line so I can personally stop cutting or place holding for friends.

Does anyone have atmos in hand already?
Really just want to know if the camo sections are leather or canvas.
Ubiq described them as leather I think?

Back
Top Bottom