Asics Love?!? Where is it?

It is two shoes. A GL3 and a saga. Names of em are copperhead and cottonmouth. When I first saw their names a while ago I thought they were in reference to actual snakes. But as soon as they mentioned kill bill recently I knew it was in reference to the death list five. That was further confirmed by them tweeting #DL5 with the teaser. Meaning were gonna be getting shoes based off of O-Ren-Ishii and Vernita Green. If I can remember correctly the saga is supposed to have pink or red on it and the gl3 blue. We'll see tomorrow though.

soooo that's the cereal reference in that teaser pic. Makes sense...

These sound even better than I imagined. Especially excited to see the O-Ren-Ishii Saga's. Thanks for the info 
pimp.gif

Yup forgot to mention this last night but with this info the first teaser they put out makes perfect sense. Each of the scenes they referenced was related to the death of the respective character that each shoe is based off. Without spoiling anything (although if you haven't seen kill bill at this point wtf is wrong with you, go ******g watch it) the blood in the snow is referencing Ishii and the box of cereal on the ground is Vernita.

Last edited:
i need more feedback towards this purchase haha, i know its if i think theyre worth it, but im on the fence thinking that they are or are not. $400 for total eclipses 10.5 deadstock. so far i have 1 yes. i just havent seen them this cheap in my size for a while 
if you dont buy them hook me up. because that is an absolutely incredible deal. You should take it

if you dont buy them hook me up. because that is an absolutely incredible deal. You should take it
im just conflicted, i know the price will only go up, but if im gonna pay over retail for a shoe and know its going to crease after a wear or 2 it bothers me. damn leather toessss an dyes i know shoes crease -_-

im just conflicted, i know the price will only go up, but if im gonna pay over retail for a shoe and know its going to crease after a wear or 2 it bothers me. damn leather toessss an dyes i know shoes crease -_-

I use to be the same way. They are shoes and will crease no matter what. Just have to deal with it. Or buy sneaker shields. That's what I did. They will still crease but not as bad. Can be uncomfortable but I chopped mine up pretty good so I don't really feel them.

do eclipses really crease that bad tho? i haven't seen any pix of them with excessive creasing, tho i know leather usually does the worst.

eclipses really grew on me over time. i need a pair.

denims crease a lot tho, i've def noticed it in pix.

i've never thought to put sneaker shields in asics tho, and prolly wouldn't.

Last edited:
I use to be the same way. They are shoes and will crease no matter what. Just have to deal with it. Or buy sneaker shields. That's what I did. They will still crease but not as bad. Can be uncomfortable but I chopped mine up pretty good so I don't really feel them.
I don't mind creasing at all most of the time personally but the thing is with the eclipses the leather toe is the main standout point of the shoe. Mine got so creased in 10 wears that it looked like I had worn them 10 times that, also in the valleys of the creases the leather lost some of its sheen so it gave the toebox a tiger looking funk. I wound up trading them off for chosen few 1500s and was much happier with that shoe tbh.

Also proto, they crease all depending on how you walk. The way that my stride is I tend to crease shoes pretty bad and on the eclipses it was just exacerbated by the leather on the toe. A lot of people tend to tread lightly In nicer shoes but I for one don't, walk the same way in all of my shoes nice or not. Some people just don't crease shoes as badly as others.

Last edited:
They only creasing i hate is on the toe, My GL3 are full with paper in that area hahhahahah and it works

I don't mind creasing at all most of the time personally but the thing is with the eclipses the leather toe is the main standout point of the shoe. Mine got so creased in 10 wears that it looked like I had worn them 10 times that, also in the valleys of the creases the leather lost some of its sheen so it gave the toebox a tiger looking funk. I wound up trading them off for chosen few 1500s and was much happier with that shoe tbh.

Also proto, they crease all depending on how you walk. The way that my stride is I tend to crease shoes pretty bad and on the eclipses it was just exacerbated by the leather on the toe. A lot of people tend to tread lightly In nicer shoes but I for one don't, walk the same way in all of my shoes nice or not. Some people just don't crease shoes as badly as others.
damn now i just dont know. i was actually thinking of getting the denims over these but both crease so bad. why cant i find leatherbacks for 400 lol :[ i remember seeing them for so much cheaper and never pulled the trigger 

do eclipses really crease that bad tho? i haven't seen any pix of them with excessive creasing, tho i know leather usually does the worst.

eclipses really grew on me over time. i need a pair.

denims crease a lot tho, i've def noticed it in pix.

i've never thought to put sneaker shields in asics tho, and prolly wouldn't.

Pretty much I use them in a few pair of SBs. I just tried it one day but pretty much all I did was cut it so it was only the top left of the sneaker shield to see how it would work. I used it once in my leatherbacks. It worked fine but I did that the first time I wore them. Haven't tried since

Last edited:
Crease your kicks. It shows personality, IMO. :nthat:

Side note: I love the little clues that EBNY gave us for the upcoming release. It made me appreciate the pack more. I'm real curious how the c/ws will look on their respective sillhouettes.

-Drew

Damn, now I wanna see pix of the creasing on your pair. Might make me decide not to pursue them anymore. Sounds pretty crappy.

Back
Top Bottom