Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Yeah I personally actually do like the sagas because I'm a sucker for the color purple and am one of the few that doesn't mind the nylon toebox. They might not be the most attractive asics ever made but I gotta give EB SUPER props for picking a concept and going all in on it. Not like some stupid **** about a statue or a pretty sunset that you saw that just "inspired you so much"*cough*cough*. They picked a concept THEY liked and executed it in a way that they thought could represent it the best, while actually having FUN with it, and I think that is pretty ****** awesome.

Can't say much right now but one of the next shoes from the pack starts with fords ultimate supercar and ends with Y-2k. That's all....

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. That colorway on the gl3 would have been amazing.

Agreed. I do like both though, the sagas a little more off first glance. I love how EB used the theme and went all out w/ the teasers and the video. Super dope to me, especially being a huge Kill Bill fan. Will def grab both if I can get for retail.

Gel saga cw is pretty dope. Personally i really like the GL3. hope i can get my hands on them for retail....

Ahhh so the pink was on the inside of the saga, overall pretty dope although I'm sure people will complain about the nylon toebox on the saga and some people won't feel the midsole on the gl3. Took some screenshots so y'all don't have to bother with pausing the vid every 5 seconds like I did.

And yup now the secret is out.... This is just the beginning of a 5 shoe pack.

reminds me of these

Yeah I personally actually do like the sagas because I'm a sucker for the color purple and am one of the few that doesn't mind the nylon toebox. They might not be the most attractive asics ever made but I gotta give EB SUPER props for picking a concept and going all in on it. Not like some stupid **** about a statue or a pretty sunset that you saw that just "inspired you so much"*cough*cough*. They picked a concept THEY liked and executed it in a way that they thought could represent it the best, while actually having FUN with it, and I think that is pretty ****** awesome.

Can't say much right now but one of the next shoes from the pack starts with fords ultimate supercar and ends with Y-2k. That's all....

Thats all cool and stuff but they forgot to incorporate quality in these. Looks like straight GR garbage quality. I'll take the sunset and statue inspirations pairs over that alone.

These both look nice, but I can't imagine wearing them, so I'll pass. Glad they're doing all 5 though, I'm especially excited to see how they choose to do the Bill inspired pair.

Thats all cool and stuff but they forgot to incorporate quality in these. Looks like straight GR garbage quality. I'll take the sunset and statue inspirations pairs over that alone.
That was not meant as a knock to those shoes, one of em is very nice. Just the way they handled everything with the teasers and release video and everything showed a passion that you rarely see nowadays. Just look at cncpts as a recent example, it honestly didn't even seem like they themselves were excited about the shoe, it was just like "oh here it is we made a pair of asics". Totally lackluster, they didn't even include the crazy in store extras that cncpts is famous for, really seemed like a quick plug for money. Compare it to any of their past collabs and you'll instantly notice the lack of caring.

Meanwhile these guys actually seem excited and put some serious effort in to this one, and that deserves props. Plus I can't say concretely but I'm pretty sure they had to choose those materials for the saga. That sort of gradient wouldn't work well on something like suede, it'd come out way too dull. To me the quality on the gl3 doesn't look bad at all too.

Last edited:
People havent real pics of the shoes and already criticizing it, COME ON GUYS!!!. Sagas are a classic shoe, nylon is a old school material, and on the back it seems like snakeskin leather sooo there's quality.

Also for collabs companies puts restriction on the materials you can put in on the shoes. I have seen with my own eyes the difference between a Sample collab shoe (top quality) and the production shoe, sometimes companies change the materials and even colors when they mass produce the shoe. A sample shoes is produce in a sample workshop with top quality material and TIME and DETAILS, as you all know mass produce stuff dont get those details and love, you feel me?

People havent real pics of the shoes and already criticizing it, COME ON GUYS!!!. Sagas are a classic shoe, nylon is a old school material, and on the back it seems like snakeskin leather sooo there's quality.

Also for collabs companies puts restriction on the materials you can put in on the shoes. I have seen with my own eyes the difference between a Sample collab shoe (top quality) and the production shoe, sometimes companies change the materials and even colors when they mass produce the shoe. A sample shoes is produce in a sample workshop with top quality material and TIME and DETAILS, as you all know mass produce stuff dont get those details and love, you feel me?
What do you want us to do? That's the whole point of this thread, to talk about what we just saw. 

I think both look great. Nice to see something different for a change. I would be happy with either one. That being said with the way recent releases have been going I will be lucky to get either one especially in my situation. Can't wait to see the other three and some more shots of these two.

What do you want us to do? That's the whole point of this thread, to talk about what we just saw. 
Thats it, you didnt saw anything. Some screenshots?? wait for the real live pics and then you can talk all you want. Remember the Three Lies, how good they look from the teaser....

Disclaimer: i'm in no way, shape or form asociated with EBNY hahahaha

Personally like the sagas and may cop. but will hold off for sure until I see the last 3 in the pack.

I got woken up to these today, nice pair of shoes. Look much better then the pics online. I'll take some 'better' photos of them as I do all my shoes that aren't on the living room table. 

I love those grey GL3. You can't beat it for the price. To me they are the Asice Gel Lyte 3 version of the New Balance 998GNRs. 

Personally like the sagas and may cop. but will hold off for sure until I see the last 3 in the pack.

I got woken up to these today, nice pair of shoes. Look much better then the pics online. I'll take some 'better' photos of them as I do all my shoes that aren't on the living room table. 

Wait, are these the ones in your signature for sale? :nerd:

Fail... I had a feeling it wouldn't be so great. I was hoping the GL3 would be similar to Gel Saga "Kill Bill."

blah on the first two

Does anyone have the product number for the red/black GL III's that released recently. I'm trying to stock locate them at a HOH/FL in Houston.

are you talking about these?

Qualities not that great

Last edited:
Extra Butter really is on that come up. I never looked at them like that. They're 1 town over from me and I've copped a few releases from them. Really cool people in there. I didn't really expect them to do a collab with someone. Those Copperheads are sick, I've said this before but I'm a sucker for an all blue sneaker (as well as all red) not sure if I'm feeling those Cottonmouths I'm gonna wait for more pictures. Maybe I'll cop those for my girl. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole pack.

As for how limited these will be does anyone have any clue?

Back
Top Bottom