Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I still love Asics, but these are a miss on so many levels. Looks like a knock-off version of the original. Plus they took an awesome theme and managed to make it incredibly boring. And I thought Asics collabs were down to $120-$140 retail prices, what's with this increased retail for synthetic materials?

I could be wrong but lapstone doesn’t seem like a shop that would tax. So I guess that’s US retail which is crazy for a brand on life support

20180810_094636.jpg

Haven't worn asics in a while. Decided to bring these out

Crazy how these are sitting hard everywhere. May even hit discounts

I don't think it's that crazy...A lot of people are just over these kind of releases now. Like three years ago people would have blindly copped these based on the name alone. Even though the shoes are bland and boring, them being "limited" and a Footpatrol collab would be enough of a reason for people to buy. But after years of seeing these shops release the same boring stuff week after week, I think a lot of people have just moved on. Every week it's a new collab, limited to this many, limited to this location, but in the end we're not really getting a better product.

These shoes are 6 years apart. The original are pretty simple, but the colors are banging IMO and the materials are decent. New ones are being marketed as anime and Gundam inspired, which I would have loved, but I really don't see it. I don't have a problem with shops releasing stuff in limited quantities or promoting their drops, but it had gotten out of hand...Every week FB and IG would be plastered with a new LIMITED EDITION collab with a bull**** theme tacked on to it, olive oil, beach towels, ice cream, the moon, etc. Okay rant over lol.

IMG_1316.jpg
zoom.jpg

I don't think it's that crazy...A lot of people are just over these kind of releases now. Like three years ago people would have blindly copped these based on the name alone. Even though the shoes are bland and boring, them being "limited" and a Footpatrol collab would be enough of a reason for people to buy. But after years of seeing these shops release the same boring stuff week after week, I think a lot of people have just moved on. Every week it's a new collab, limited to this many, limited to this location, but in the end we're not really getting a better product.

These shoes are 6 years apart. The original are pretty simple, but the colors are banging IMO and the materials are decent. New ones are being marketed as anime and Gundam inspired, which I would have loved, but I really don't see it. I don't have a problem with shops releasing stuff in limited quantities or promoting their drops, but it had gotten out of hand...Every week FB and IG would be plastered with a new LIMITED EDITION collab with a bull**** theme tacked on to it, olive oil, beach towels, ice cream, the moon, etc. Okay rant over lol.

IMG_1316.jpg
zoom.jpg
Bland and boring to u but simple and clean to me. I think it's just the fact that the beasts aren't buying asics anymore now that they aren't hyped. They went from adidas then to nike. These are the same people that sold most of or their whole asics collections. Although i agree that asics has been crap lately

IMG_1316.jpg
zoom.jpg
Effin' well said!

Bland and boring to u but simple and clean to me. I think it's just the fact that the beasts aren't buying asics anymore now that they aren't hyped. They went from adidas then to nike. These are the same people that sold most of or their whole asics collections. Although i agree that asics has been crap lately

Oh for sure, I think the number of people that were genuinely into Asics, Saucony and stuff are probably still copping the occasional release, collab or not, but that was always a smaller, niche group and they were more popular around Europe. But the beasts that came in definitely rode the runner wave strong for a while, and that's around when I think these shops started putting less thought and creativity in these releases and instead just started a trend toward hyping stuff up/stressing the limited factor. Kith was like that with their Asics/NB releases and I've always hated it. But yeah, that wave has ended and like you said they went to the boost craze, and now they're the guys only buying Off White Nike/Jordan lol. But I still think these shops need to add more creativity...Boasting that something is inspired by your love of Gundam and anime and then getting these as the end product is just kind of disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom